KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 General Discussion part III

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
H
I suppose, they'll play the first two tournaments at October-November, and the rest - right before WC and Olympics. Nevertheless, they'll cancel all the EHT rather than just two tournaments.

Actually 2009-10 was when they still had the Czech tournament during pre-season in September and the Swedish tournament in April before the Worlds. Since the pre-season tournament was moved to pre-Worlds, one tournament will most likely be dropped. The Finnish and Russian tournaments in November and December respectively are pretty much locks but the question is who will host the one before Worlds? These EHT events do bring money for the hosting federation and I guess it will depend on which tournament is more profitable and which federation needs the money more. Since Sweden got two Worlds in a row, it could be that Czechs will get the last EHT event. There simply isn't time to have two tournaments where there used to be one.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
cancel this Eurotour already, these pauses for Eurotour during the season are realy, realy stupid

Well you need international games to try out different players for the World Championships and they are an important source of income to the national federations. But since they are rumoured to be making changes, we'll see how the international calendar will look like after next season (the last season for the current EHT format).

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Well you need international games to try out different players for the World Championships and they are an important source of income to the national federations. But since they are rumoured to be making changes, we'll see how the international calendar will look like after next season (the last season for the current EHT format).
but there are too many pauses and they are soo looooooong its ridiculous. maybe its fine for you but i find it stupid when the KHL clubs from others countries than Russia must sit and watch how our national team plays (in most cases before empty stands) in this tournament which regarded by many as pointless

Spektanto

May 31, 2012
Chelyabinsk
I've got some idea about would-be European tournament. What if it is a 16-team championship? 16 best teams seeded into 4 groups and play with each other on their home arena (6 group matches in total). Then:

- according to the first attach, leaders of each group play in the semifinals twice (each on their home arena) and then the final on some good arena defined during the offseason. WC starts a week later here to let Euro start at the first Sunday of September.

- as for the second attach, the only difference is that the best two teams of each group play in the play-offs.

September 7th is Loko's day. The calender is just hypothetical.

Does it seem to be workable?

Attachments

• Eurohockey-1.png
    Eurohockey-1.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Eurohockey-2.png
    Eurohockey-2.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 7

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Interesting model, but I would rather see this instead of EHT

0_78f25_43364741_orig

It is pointless to finish regular season in february, ideal is mid-March.

I made a research

NHL RS 2011/12, October 6-April 7, 185 calendar days, how many day for games? Maybe 20-25 days off due to vacations? Around 160 days for games?

KHL RS 2012/13, September 4-February 17, 167 calendar days, 27 days for EHT!! Minus a few days for vacations/Loko. And we have 130 days for games.

PO

NHL 2012, April 11-June 11 (6th game SC), when was 7th game schedulled? June 13? It is 64 days for PO

KHL 2013, February 20-April 19 (7th game GC), it is 59 day for PO, it is record!! Last seasons it was 57 days for PO.

Everyone can see different.

KHL needs 65-66 days for play-off as NHL, regular season can take 140-160 days for games if we dont want 82 games in RS.

Solutions:
- WHC in february
- WHC later than nowadays, mid june
- WHC in august

Spektanto

May 31, 2012
Chelyabinsk
It is pointless to finish regular season in february, ideal is mid-March.
KHL officials say that if we have WC in February the KHL can play even till the end of June, so the regular season won't finish in February.

As for the rest, I agree with everything - and next season gonna be ~20 days shorter because of the Olympics.

It's not important in my system how many teams are in play - the idea is about pairs of matches on the both arenas of competitors.

Last edited:

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
There have actually been more good fights this season than in the past. Vityaz never faught, they assaulted unwilling opponents with neanderthals who could not play hockey... This season there have been many fights between guys can play hockey and were both willing ie. Makarov-Grigoreyev, Valentenko-Litvichenko, Zherdev-Khlystov, Lehtera-Plotnikov. IMO, I have no problems with these types of fights, its how 2 hockey players solve an issue rather than do something dirty... Makes guys accountable for what they do which leads to less stick work etc...More here:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fightlog/40/reg2013

BTW is Yablonski still a trainer for Vityaz?

KHLbet

Jan 25, 2013
Dublin
Traktor-UHC TV broadcast

Hi guys,

Will the game be available in public russian tv? If yes, which channel? I have some russian channels from HotBird

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Best Place To Get A Malkin Metallurg Magnitogorsk Jersey

Hi guys,

For the past few years I have wanted a Malkin Metallurg Magnitogorsk KHL jersey. The trouble is as most of us know, alot of those Russian jersey sites are dodgy or prone to ripping people off. So I must ask, what is the best place to get a Malkin Metallurg Magnitogorsk Jersey. Both in terms of customer satisfaction and jersey quality of course...

I know SportsK have the replicas of the 2005 away jerseys (made by Lutch) as seen here.

http://www.sportsk.com/malkin-metallurg-jersey.html

Or, what about dealing with http://www.prorussianjerseys.com/index.htm as I have heard them mentioned here as well.

Or finally, would it be best if I dealt with http://lutchusa.com/ as I know that they have jerseys available in both replica and Pro options???

Leet me know guys.

Cheers. :) :cheers:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->