KHL goalie picks a bad time for a drink

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I watched this game live and never understood why Ufa's goal stood. It didn't look like the puck crossed goal line. Mayorov took the shot and they started celebrating. Then I just saw Dynamo players going forward and this is when Gavrilov started drinking water, thinking the goal stood. Later on, the play stopped and referees gave the goal after reviewing the incident. I didn't see a single Dynamo player or staff complaining so I assume they somehow agreed it was a goal but I think it didn't cross the line. In replays, it was right on line, most part of it being outside.

WhiteWings*

Sep 1, 2016
I watched this game live and never understood why Ufa's goal stood. It didn't look like the puck crossed goal line. Mayorov took the shot and they started celebrating. Then I just saw Dynamo players going forward and this is when Gavrilov started drinking water, thinking the goal stood. Later on, the play stopped and referees gave the goal after reviewing the incident. I didn't see a single Dynamo player or staff complaining so I assume they somehow agreed it was a goal but I think it didn't cross the line. In replays, it was right on line, most part of it being outside.
Mayorov definitely scored a good goal. Here's the whole sequence:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yep. Puck bouncing off the inside part of the net say's a good goal.

That should never have been questioned. Ref was in perfect position and still didn't see it.

Harry Waters

Oct 19, 2012
I'm not really sure whose awareness was worse, the goalie's or the passer's. I mean, you're moving towards the net on a two on one, perhaps you should just look at the net sometime between the blue line and the face-off dot? Actually you don't have to look at the net for that, if the goalie turned his back on you, you should see that from the corner of your eye.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
how the **** can u be that zoned out where u dont even hear or feel the players skating up the ice towards u.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad