KHL Expansion part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medo

Oct 26, 2011
Something new about Medvescak?

Pretty much same old. We are going to know more next week.

According to one interview with Mr. Gojanović we would play 8 games in Arena Zagreb and the rest of them in Dom Sportova. We won't have the annual winter classic because Šalata ice rink doesn't fit KHL standards.

marquinhos

Jul 1, 2012
Kazan
Pretty much same old. We are going to know more next week.

According to one interview with Mr. Gojanović we would play 8 games in Arena Zagreb and the rest of them in Dom Sportova. We won't have the annual winter classic because Å alata ice rink doesn't fit KHL standards.

What's about classic on Maksimir? :sarcasm:

metmag

Mar 4, 2013
Any updates on Milan? Are they submitting papers/preparing for anything?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
MedveÅ¡čak is officialy in the KHL according to their website and twitter:

http://www.medvescak.com/hrv/novosti_2012_2013/novosti451.html

KHL MedveÅ¡čak Zagreb od danas je član ruske Kontinentalne hokejske lige (KHL). Službena potvrda iz KHL-a je u zagrebački klub stigla danas te će Medvjedi 2013./2014. sezone igrati u drugoj najjačoj hokejskoj ligi na svijetu KHL-u.

http://www.khl.ru/news/2013/04/29/128623.html

«Медвешчак» выступит в чемпионате КХЛ 2013/2014

29 апреля 2013 года состоялась встреча Президента КХЛ Александра Медведева и руководства хоккейного клуба «Медвешчак». На встрече были обсуждены принципиальные вопросы, касающиеся участия хорватов в чемпионате КХЛ в сезоне 2013/2014. Представители «Медвешчака» подробно ознакомили руководителей Лиги со спортивными, инфраструктурными и финансовыми сторонами проекта, который был признан удовлетворяющим требованиям КХЛ.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Sign Lučič, get Sakič to center his line and you are good to go.

If not, I think Medvesčak is in a world of hurt next season.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Sign Lučič, get Sakič to center his line and you are good to go.

If not, I think Medvesčak is in a world of hurt next season.

As everywhere results are important, but everyone knows Medveščak will be an outsider next season.

As For Lučić, he's a Serb, but I think Sakić still has something to give :laugh:.

Lets just sign Vlašić, Šarić, Fistrić, Willie Mitchell, Popović and Bezina ;)

BTW it's been anounced that Medveščak will play their home games on the NA ice.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Does anyone know how many games will be played at arena Zagreb next season and if they will play full season in Arena Zagreb in 2015/2016 season?

ficohok*

Does anyone know how many games will be played at arena Zagreb next season and if they will play full season in Arena Zagreb in 2015/2016 season?

Around 10 games for next season. I dont know for 15/16 season, problem is that Arena is nor primarly built for hockey and having ice there for whole season is expensive. I think Arena needs some upgrade in order to reduce costs of having ice there for long period of time (such is one hockey season).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->