KHL drafts

FinHockey

Sex Metal Barbie
Nov 10, 2009
Finland
Where can I find more information about Mikhail Pashnin (2009 1st overall) and Dmitry Yashkin (2010 1st overall) and who is expected to go 1st overall this year (Yakupov?)? Also could these two ever go to play in the NHL?

And if you're planning to just come here and bash the KHL, please don't.

Analyzer*

Nail Yakupov if you just want info on him, then you can google him and probably find a bunch of articles in English on him.

The other 2 you might have to use wikipedia, or go to the KHL website, or the MHL website (if they have one) and see what you can dig up there.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Jaskin is expected to be picked anywhere from the 15-45 in this years NHL Draft. I imagine who ever drafts Jaskin will try there hardest to persuade him from going to the KHL as it could be difficult for him to get out once he's ready to play at the NHL level.

Bruins 2011 Draft watch has some good stuff on Jaskin.

Dmirtij Jaskin

Pashnin was taking in the 7th Round in 09 by the Rangers who have been pretty good at getting Russians over in the past.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Where can I find more information about Mikhail Pashnin (2009 1st overall) and Dmitry Yashkin (2010 1st overall) and who is expected to go 1st overall this year (Yakupov?)? Also could these two ever go to play in the NHL?

And if you're planning to just come here and bash the KHL, please don't.

Mikhail Pashnin was drafted by the Rangers in the 7th round of the 2009 draft. He attended our prospect camp last June and I think he's attending again this year. Sather said he played great and called him the "first star" after one of the sessions.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
This year will Draft KHL take place 28 May. This year will be drafted players born in 1994.

For this two guys, nice articles were at khl.ru in june last year. You can find stats at khl.ru or mhl.khl.ru

I think that many articles will be at khl.ru about up-coming draft. Last year there were many articles.

EDIT:
about Pashnin you can find articles at web page of CSKA. He is staying here next season for sure

Last edited:

NMF78

Feb 25, 2010
Belgium
vorky can you explain how the KHL draft works because from what i understand it isn't the same as the NHL-draft, team are allowed to protect players, and what about players who are already under contract and so on?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
NMF78
Rules change every year, now it should be like this

Team can protect 3 players if
A) club has kids hockey school, or
B) club does not have kids hockey school but club has an agreement with independent hockey school and pay at least 20 milions rubles (20 миллионов рублей) per year to this school, or
C) some special permision of KHL

Entry conract will increase, and KHL will pay wages for most talented drafted players

If player is under contract, he can not be drafted

Появились два существенных изменения в Драфте юниоров. Первое касается защиты клубами трех своих воспитанников. Клуб КХЛ обладает правом преимущественного выбора в отношении трех выпускников своих хоккейных школ, принадлежность которых к данному клубу отвечает одному из следующих критериев:
а) Школа находится в структуре клуба КХЛ.
б) Хоккейная школа находится в договорных отношениях с клубом КХЛ и объем финансирования клубом КХЛ хоккейной школы составляет не менее 20 миллионов рублей в год.
в) В особых случаях принадлежность школы к Клубу определяется по решению Лиги после предоставления Клубом документов, однозначно подтверждающих принадлежность школы к Клубу и наличие у школы достаточного финансирования для осуществления своей деятельности по подготовке молодых хоккеистов.

Второе изменение затрагивает зарплаты молодых игроков, выбранных на Драфте. В целях повышения заинтересованности молодых игроков оставаться в системе Лиги, принято решение увеличить минимальный размер их зарплат. Помимо этого, Лига приняла решение установить гранты в размере 100% от их зарплат в командах МХЛ и КХЛ для отдельных молодых талантливых хоккеистов.

link

FinHockey

Sex Metal Barbie
Nov 10, 2009
Finland
vorky can you explain how the KHL draft works because from what i understand it isn't the same as the NHL-draft, team are allowed to protect players, and what about players who are already under contract and so on?

Also draft age is 17-21 I believe. So 2011 NHL draftees could've been drafted in 2010 KHL draft.

Helsingin Jokerit

Mar 13, 2011
KHL wont draft players like Tarasenko (atleast very early) in the KHL draft, because they are expected to play in the NHL. KHL wants to draft players who are likely to play most of their careers in the KHL.

Yakupov wont be drafted in the top 60, because he is projected to be a beast in the NHL. Not in the KHL. You can say that if player who is drafted to the NHL was drafted high in the KHL, its a bad thing because he wont likely be playing in NA.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
KHL wont draft players like Tarasenko (atleast very early) in the KHL draft, because they are expected to play in the NHL. KHL wants to draft players who are likely to play most of their careers in the KHL.

Yakupov wont be drafted in the top 60, because he is projected to be a beast in the NHL. Not in the KHL. You can say that if player who is drafted to the NHL was drafted high in the KHL, its a bad thing because he wont likely be playing in NA.

hence why Pashnin went 1st in the KHL draft and 200th in the NHL Draft I guess.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010

Yakupov was drafted, better said protected, last year in KHL. Look at possition 19, http://www.khl.ru/news/2010/6/4/27553.html

Draft KHL is not ideal, it has to improve itself.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Well, if it worked, it would have been active now.

It is complicated.... We ruined all hockey developing system after disintegration of Czechoslovakia. Finns/Swedes/Canadians just took over some principles of our system and look where they are now and where we are

It is not about not working it today, it is about uneducated (and selfish) people in slovak hockey. And I am not speaking only about "draft"

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
It is complicated.... We ruined all hockey developing system after disintegration of Czechoslovakia. Finns/Swedes/Canadians just took over some principles of our system and look where they are now and where we are

It is not about not working it today, it is about uneducated (and selfish) people in slovak hockey. And I am not speaking only about "draft"

Well, I can't judge Czech/Slovak situation as I don't really know it in depth. However, if Finns and Swedes took over some principles and they are now well over Slovakia, it's certainly not due to the draft since they don't have any ;)

I think today's situation is optimal now with MHL and MHL first division (which should have teams from other nations too, SK Riga 18 should join the league), the draft should be abolished. Do you really think it has a point to draft Tavares and Backstrom? It's just a stupid PR muppet thing done by Medvedev in his efforts to make the KHL a stupid carbon-copy of the NHL. Unfortunately this idea, differently from others, made the cut.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Well, I can't judge Czech/Slovak situation as I don't really know it in depth. However, if Finns and Swedes took over some principles and they are now well over Slovakia, it's certainly not due to the draft since they don't have any ;)

I think today's situation is optimal now with MHL and MHL first division (which should have teams from other nations too, SK Riga 18 should join the league), the draft should be abolished. Do you really think it has a point to draft Tavares and Backstrom? It's just a stupid PR muppet thing done by Medvedev in his efforts to make the KHL a stupid carbon-copy of the NHL. Unfortunately this idea, differently from others, made the cut.

I did not talk only about "draft" but all hockey developing system...

BTW. I have just done research about rosters at WHC in Slovakia. Just one team has no player under 25 years... Slovakia. And just two teams have 10 and more players older than 31 years - Czech rep (10 players of this age) and Slovakia (13)

MHL
SK Riga 18? I did not hear about it. I read about latvian, belarus teams and Astana, later Donetsk.

Draft
Yes, in my opinion it is stupid idea to draft Tavares etc. But when you look at russian players. There are so many hockey shools, which dont belong to KHL team. Maybe they produce some solid kids, but they have no opportunity to play KHL one day. Only if wealthy teams buy them. And here we are.. money, money, money.. wealthy team become better, and others poorer. When weak team can draft good (great) prospect from some hockey school and develop him, that team can become better.
Look at CSKA, if they keep all juniors, they can become great team in future.

I know, there is NHL and great players will leave always...

I like idea of paying money to kids coaches for drafted players.. question is if it is enough money.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Draft
Yes, in my opinion it is stupid idea to draft Tavares etc. But when you look at russian players. There are so many hockey shools, which dont belong to KHL team. Maybe they produce some solid kids, but they have no opportunity to play KHL one day. Only if wealthy teams buy them. And here we are.. money, money, money.. wealthy team become better, and others poorer. When weak team can draft good (great) prospect from some hockey school and develop him, that team can become better.
Look at CSKA, if they keep all juniors, they can become great team in future.

I know, there is NHL and great players will leave always...

I like idea of paying money to kids coaches for drafted players.. question is if it is enough money.

Good players will find a way. Now with MHL and MHL First division, the raising level of the VHL, there are many chances for youngsters. Look at the drafted players. Who had some success? Pashnin for CSKA? Zaitsev for Sibir? Kids are good, they'd have had KHL success anyway. The only thing the KHL draft did was destroying Krylia Sovetov 2 years ago.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
yes, I know about MHL First division.. I have never read that SK RIGA 18 will participate at MHL First division. Just now, I am reading it for first time. Thanks for link.
This Riga 18 - is it some junior club of Dinamo Riga? or it is independent team?

Draft
I would add Prokhorkin, Zemchenko, Voronin, Gogolev, Bukarts, Podzins, Stefanovich, Demkov, Sheleg, Li

Ok, your opinion is logical. It makes sense. Poor clubs have some chance to get good russian players with draft. If there is no draft, they go to rich clubs. Other Q is if this kid go to poor club... as I said, it is not ideal
Maybe KHL teams should raise players instead of buying them. I agree with it. It would be ideal

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Draft
I would add Prokhorkin, Zemchenko, Voronin, Gogolev, Bukarts, Podzins, Stefanovich, Demkov, Sheleg, Li

Come on, these players would all be playing in the KHL now, draft or not draft. Li I guess it was a protection pick, btw. Voronin and Gogolev were from Krylia, which was destroied by the first KHL draft. Stefanovich, Demkov and (Sergei) Sheleg would be playing for Minsk no matter the KHL draft.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Ok, your opinion is logical. It makes sense. Poor clubs have some chance to get good russian players with draft. If there is no draft, they go to rich clubs. Other Q is if this kid go to poor club... as I said, it is not ideal

Once again, I don't agree at all. Nothing personal, I always respect you and your posts, just in this topic it happens that we have different opinions.
Look at the bigger 5 Russian talent of this generation: Evgeny Kuznetsov, Vladimir Tarasenko, Nail Yakupov, Nikita Kucherov, Mikhail Grigorenko.
Kuznetsov is from a non-rich club
Tarasenko same
Yakupov same
Kucherov is from CSKA which right now is not a rich club
Grigorenko is from CSKA as well, although he's a Sibiryak from Khabarovsk.

Draft what?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad