KHL budgets per AIF

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
khl-money-white.jpg

ult

Sep 21, 2009
This is not even worth discussion. Avto and Kuznya ahead of Traktor? Yeah, right.

od71

Apr 8, 2012
There was an interview of Sibir GM, he said that budget of such teams like Avangard, AkBars 5 times bigger than budget of Sibir

gingerninja*

I kind of believed till i saw Tractor lol. Maybe if that was club's budget from couple of years ago

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
That's in millions of Euros right?

Hey is it possible that somebody could post the list in English? I don't recognize all of the logos yet?

And obviously by these comments this list isn't great, but I am not surprised to see Slovan near the bottom, I had heard that their budget was low. They are doing really well for the money they are spending so far this year, compared to Donbass, Barys and Lev for example...

Spektanto

May 31, 2012
Chelyabinsk
That's in millions of Euros right?

Hey is it possible that somebody could post the list in English? I don't recognize all of the logos yet?

And obviously by these comments this list isn't great, but I am not surprised to see Slovan near the bottom, I had heard that their budget was low. They are doing really well for the money they are spending so far this year, compared to Donbass, Barys and Lev for example...
CSKA Moscow - $65-70 million
SKA St Petersburg - $60-70 million
Ak Bars Kazan - $60-65 million
Salavat Yulayev - $60-65 million
Metallurg Magnitogorsk - $50-60 million
Avangard Omsk - $45-50 million
Lokomotiv Yaroslavl - $40-45 million
Atlant Mytishi - $30-35 million
Dynamo Moscow - $30-35 million
Donbass Donetsk - $22-25 million
Amur Khabarovsk - $20-25 million
Severstal Cherepovetsk - $20-25 million
Sibir Novosibirsk - $20-25 million
Dinamo Minsk - $20-22 million
Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk - $19-23 million
Vityaz Chekhov - $18-20 million
Lev Praha - $18-20 million
Barys Astana - $18-20 million
Slovan Bratislava - $15-18 million
Yugra Khanty-Mansiysk - $15-18 million
Spartak Moscow - $15-17 million
Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg - $15-17 million
Metallurg Novokuznetsk - $15-17 million
Dinamo Riga - $14-17 million
Traktor Chelyabinsk - $12-14 million

And notice - Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod is not in the list :laugh:

I think the clubs which budget from the list is too far from being real are Atlant Mytishi (Moscow Oblast decreased funding) and Traktor Chelyabinsk (three times more, I believe - it's a two or three years old info).
+ Avtomobilist may have 5 more millions - at the start of the season Sverdlovsk Oblast granted 260kk roubles (about $5 millions), as far as I remember.

Last edited:

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
This is not even worth discussion. Avto and Kuznya ahead of Traktor? Yeah, right.

These numbers make no sense whatsoever..
Care to elaborate, guys? I have no idea what the budgets are, but why exactly is that a bad graph? Which teams do you not agree with and why? And is it only a couple of teams or do you think the whole thing is suspect? Oh, and hopefully you're not thinking of discrediting the thing because a team has a, say, $80 mio. budget and not a $70-75 mio. as listed.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Care to elaborate, guys? I have no idea what the budgets are, but why exactly is that a bad graph? Which teams do you not agree with and why? And is it only a couple of teams or do you think the whole thing is suspect? Oh, and hopefully you're not thinking of discrediting the thing because a team has a, say, $80 mio. budget and not a $70-75 mio. as listed.

For me, it looks like where are very few things that are right.

Avtomoblist and Kuznya are teams with the lowest budgets, everyone knows that and Kuznya's GM has mentioned earlier that their wage budget is close to 5 kk, so there's no way their budget is as big as 15-17 kk.

Traktor is the obvious one, they were a pretty poor team until 10/11 season but as you know they have a pretty stacked team now so 12-14 kk and assumption that they have a lowest budget in the league is simply laughable.

Looks like Lev's budget is a bit bigger, Vityaz' maybe not by much but definitely smaller and Amur's payroll is one of the smallest in the league but well, maybe travelling is THAT expensive for them.

Finally, near the top, Salavat is definitely not one of the wealthiest teams anymore. I guess these numbers are from their glory days few seasons ago. Now it appears their budget like Lokomotiv's, ~40 kk.

And there's definitely a separation between Ak Bars and top2. I don't know if their budget is now smaller than it used to be but one thing for sure - it's limited whereas it seems like CSKA and especially SKA can pull more money out of the bag for a good cause anytime they want.

P.S. I'm not a finance expert and I don't have numbers or papers to back me up. Frankly, who the hell knows how big these budgets really are but I surely do know it better than people who came up with that ridiculous diagram. And things going around the league lead to the assumptions listed above.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
US dollars.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of player payrolls KHL clubs have?
As far as Riga is concerned, it's total budget is rumoured to stand at 12 million euro, with the salary budget being 8-8.4 million euros.

It could be a similar proportion for the other clubs as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad