KHL 2014-2015 General Discussion - Part II

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Seems Ufa stopped paying the money owed to players as soon as they were cleared to play next season by the league...

Last edited:

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
After a whole offseason of people like Bob Mckenzie propagandizing that the whole league would fold the end result is one team, Atlant, which has had problems for a long time, was replaced by Spartak. Something that had been planned a long time.

The same people had the MHL dissolving and all of its players on a boat to NA last New Year's Day.

loppa*

The same people had the MHL dissolving and all of its players on a boat to NA last New Year's Day.

Heck, if we were to look at what some people say, then by their predictions the KHL would have disintegrated a few seasons ago. But, such are delusional people, it does not help to give them attention. I will laugh at their foolishness though.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Link? Also link to BobbyMac saying the league would fold?

The comment about the MHL folding was made by the online broadcast announcers of the WJC on TSN.ca. Ray Ferraro, former Hartford Whalers forward, was one of them. They talked about a mass exodus of Russian players to the CHL when the MHL went broke and dissolved. Guys like that who are true experts on Russia realize that the Russian people have never experienced hardship before, and that there would be panic, a complete shutdown of social order, and storming the Kremlin if economic growth dropped a half of a percent. You know, the realistic stuff!:cry:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The comment about the MHL folding was made by the online broadcast announcers of the WJC on TSN.ca. Ray Ferraro, former Hartford Whalers forward, was one of them. They talked about a mass exodus of Russian players to the CHL when the MHL went broke and dissolved. Guys like that who are true experts on Russia realize that the Russian people have never experienced hardship before, and that there would be panic, a complete shutdown of social order, and storming the Kremlin if economic growth dropped a half of a percent. You know, the realistic stuff!:cry:

I watched the WJC streams and I don't recall him saying exactly that. BobbyMac is also a lot more informed about hockey matters than Ferraro so I doubt he'd say exactly that either. If he was still posting here, he'd probably call you assclowns for missquoting him. :laugh:

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I watched the WJC streams and I don't recall him saying exactly that. BobbyMac is also a lot more informed about hockey matters than Ferraro so I doubt he'd say exactly that either. If he was still posting here, he'd probably call you assclowns for missquoting him. :laugh:

It was in the SemiFinal match between Sweden and Russia. It was Ferraro's partner, can't think of his name. He clearly went on about his belief that the MHL, if not the entire society, was in danger of complete collapse, and that MHL players would be streaming to Canada to find work. He is an expert on assclowns and Russia, I'm sure, having gotten a degree from a Canadian University.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
...He is an expert on assclowns and Russia, I'm sure, having gotten a degree from a Canadian University.

.... :laugh: good one. and yes I agree, if you dont really know what your talking about, just keep it zipped. not helpful.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
An approximate budget of SYu (including VHL, MHL clubs) for the next season is 2.5 billions rubles. In previous seasons the budget was the same but due to the fall of the russian currency in reality it shrank significantly

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Any of our Russian posters have a scouting report for Kirill Kaprizov? He was just drafted by the Minnesota Wild.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
He's obviously a bit small, but I take it he's skilled? How's his skating? Shot? Work ethic?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
KHL plans to play games in Europe and Asia next season. Agreements are not singed yet, so more info later. One such game will be among Spartak and Hungary NT in Budapest (7 February)

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow

I like a lot how the K not only included individual rushes and tricky shots, but also team goals.

I just thought, maybe we should start a KHL highlight reel thread if KHL videos aren't geoblocked? Would be nice just to have a topic where people can enjoy good hockey.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

I like a lot how the K not only included individual rushes and tricky shots, but also team goals.

I just thought, maybe we should start a KHL highlight reel thread if KHL videos aren't geoblocked? Would be nice just to have a topic where people can enjoy good hockey.

They are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad