Kharlamov or Shutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

chooch*

Both had similar stats, both were good from the blueline in, both had great moves around the net, excellent shots and quick feet. One became a legend because of circumstances. I see them as about the same type of player.

#17 didnt really standpout in 72 for me, he might have taken advantge of a unfit Tean Canada squad for a few games.

Challenge Cup he was line matched v. Lafleur who put him in his back pocket in Game 1.

I just don't get the aura.

Maybe Shutt should be so revered. His all star selections. Record for 25 years for most left wing goals in a season.

Kharlamov.

Shutt was too one-dimensional and created very little for himself without Flower or a passing centre. Kharlamov was a force all over the ice who could create great scoring chances out of nothing.

I love Shutt and would take him over Robitaille for instance, but not over Kharlamov.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Oh yeah Kharlamov by a fair margin. Shutt might be one of the better left wingers of all time but Kharlamov is much greater. Shutt in all honesty might of had a tough time being anyhting more than a 30-35 goal man without Lafleur, and that had to be a knock against him.

Transported Upstater

Kharlamov or Shutt?

It is very difficult to answer this without laughing.

Chooch: Considering you have a well-known, incredibly biased hard-on for either French Canadians or Habs players, no one will take this thread seriously.

CCCP

Nov 17, 2005
i16.photobucket.com
chooch said:
Both had similar stats, both were good from the blueline in, both had great moves around the net, excellent shots and quick feet. One became a legend because of circumstances. I see them as about the same type of player.

#17 didnt really standpout in 72 for me, he might have taken advantge of a unfit Tean Canada squad for a few games.

Challenge Cup he was line matched v. Lafleur who put him in his back pocket in Game 1.

I just don't get the aura.

Maybe Shutt should be so revered. His all star selections. Record for 25 years for most left wing goals in a season.

Dude, stop smoking whatever u r smoking!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->