Recalled/Assigned: Khaira and Puljujärvi on IR, Josh Currie recalled

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
How does a healthy scratch get a lower body injury lol!? Another top 5 wasted pick.

Can we out source the draft this year?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Jesse didn’t want to get sent down earlier in the year, hence the trade rumours then.

JP is getting bad advice from his agent.

It’s the Yakupov situation all over again.

So the reasons for Jesse not being down in Bakersfiled are starting to reveal themselves. Looks like it wasnt the team after all...as each day passes it looks very much like its the agent who is calling the shots here.
If true then the Oilers hands are tied....Jesse has to be traded.

Not all that surprising and it makes me wonder if the agent was the biggest reason why the Oilers were not able to properly develop the player.

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
So the reasons for Jesse not being down in Bakersfiled are starting to reveal themselves. Looks like it wasnt the team after all...as each day passes it looks very much like its the agent who is calling the shots here.

Not all that surprising and it makes me wonder if the agent was the biggest reason why the Oilers were not able to properly develop the player.

I'm trying hard to keep a tirade in check as the details come through, because who knows. However I don't blame the agent. What would happen if McDavid had the same agent? He'd get his ass fired. Jesse is either the person upset, or he's like a piece of clay. Both are useless. What a waste.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Interesting.
Sometimes teams will trade one prospect/project for another.

True, but Necas has maintained positive development trajectory, sadly Pulju hasn’t. I still think Pulju becomes a good player, but his agent sounding off is doing us no favours.

Pulju is the more physically talented, but Necas is the safer prospect. It would take the Canes feeling like gambling to do it straight up.

Reactions: guymez

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Walked too close to a flag pole?

BjiEHO.gif

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
I get the feeling Jesse does not take well to having his salary cut down to AHL levels. Maybe he has expenses back home that require that NHL paycheque.
925K USD is 15 years' worth of salary for an average engineer in Finland. And for 925K, you can buy pretty much any house save for a millionaire businessman/celebrity's house. I seriously doubt he has money trouble, unless he's a regular customer at a brothel and Vegas.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
I'm more worried about the Condors. Snatching Currie and Sekera out could affect that 15 game winning streak. Currie is a leader on that team.
I'd rather see our future prospects continue to break barriers and build a winning culture down there, than to bring them here and have them play minimal minutes on a basement team.

The dream is to get called up and play in the NHL. At this point, I wonder if there are players in Bakersfield that are hoping not to get called up

Reactions: MikeYEG

H2OFroster

Casual ice hockey follower
Nov 29, 2017
Finland
Why is Puljujärvi injured? Did Oilers front office kick him in the balls too much? They should get a trophy for mishandling so many prospects.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Wonder if JP and Juju have been fighting through injuries.
Maybe Keith is just tired of the Puljujarvi trade rumors so he threw him on the IR to get him off the trade block for good.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Unless it's an absolute steal of a deal it'd be asinine to let Gretzky trade Pulju. He's still a valuable chip who could be a big part of the future here, and the next GM needs to be the one making that call. If I were in consideration for the job and saw him get moved by an interim guy I'd likely withdraw my name.
Gretzky is the next GM.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

Beta male Oilers?

Send him down.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
True, but Necas has maintained positive development trajectory, sadly Pulju hasn’t. I still think Pulju becomes a good player, but his agent sounding off is doing us no favours.

Pulju is the more physically talented, but Necas is the safer prospect. It would take the Canes feeling like gambling to do it straight up.

The other things that need consideration are that Necas doesn't require waivers and if the Canes keep him in the AHL the rest of the year, he won't require protection in the next expansion draft (plus I think his ELC will slide, but not 100% sure). He'll also be cheaper, which is important for Carolina.

Like I said earlier, I'll never say never with the Canes GM, but would be very surprised if they moved Necas, particularly in a deal for Puljujarvi.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The other things that need consideration are that Necas doesn't require waivers and if the Canes keep him in the AHL the rest of the year, he won't require protection in the next expansion draft (plus I think his ELC will slide, but not 100% sure). He'll also be cheaper, which is important for Carolina.

Like I said earlier, I'll never say never with the Canes GM, but would be very surprised if they moved Necas, particularly in a deal for Puljujarvi.
Fair but Puljujarvi is good friends with Aho and I could see the Canes GM going for it to make their super star happy, if Aho wanted that

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Fair but Puljujarvi is good friends with Aho and I could see the Canes GM going for it to make their super star happy, if Aho wanted that

I think you can see it because you want to see it. :)

Seriously though, I think the whole "good friends" thing is overblown, and certainly shouldn't mean a team makes a trade because of it. This is the same rationale people were using to try and convince fans that the Canes would select Zadina over Svechnikov because of his synergy/relationship with Necas.

If Carolina thinks Puljujarvi is more valuable, when taking everything into account, then they'd likely consider it. Like I said, I'll never say never, but would be very surprised if the Canes moved Necas. By all reports, they are very high on him.

I think Jesse will remain in Edmonton anyhow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad