Recalled/Assigned: Khaira and Puljujärvi on IR, Josh Currie recalled

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I am not very familiar with Necas...what can you share?

Think RH shooting version of Nuge, but not as good away from the puck (though not bad). Good shot, but needs to use it more.

I think we’d be quite fortunate to pull off Pulju for Necas. Probably have to add a bit. Canes look playoff bound, maybe adding Chiasson?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Glad to see Currie getting the call.

I think he'd be a good fit with Nuge too if he doesn't up on the top line.

He's filling the net right now, but his two-way play has always been his bread and butter.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
His issues aren't purely related to him not speaking English well. I think we can all agree that this organization mis-managed him from day 1.

Yeah, they've tried to turn him into a power forward or something. Completely not who he was when drafted.

While I agree he could've done a better job with learning English at 15 or 16, he did say he studied every day in Edmonton. This hasn't been written about here, but I read that somewhere and could probably dig it if needed.

But this is not why I started to write, it's Pulju's adjustment to the Oilers. While he probably needs to take a look into the mirror, too, he's been just a kid a long way from home and I'm not sure the Oilers did a perfect job with helping him enough. It's a shame they traded away all three players that were closer with him (Jokinen, Strome, Caggiula).

Besides throwing him between different lines, another thing that bothers me is the PP usage. I think he'd really really really needed to have a proper chance on his own place. I know that bothered him and I can't blame him for that. Of course there are things that we don't know about (like things at the team practises), but the coaches broke their promises (or at least plans they stated aloud) a couple of times. First TM last year, then Hitch this season.

Then again, I admit I don't know what's been going on in the background, but this whole thing is a shame anyway, and there's no one single person or party to blame.

The problem with putting him on the PP1 left half wall is then you take Nuge off. And currently there isn't even a PP2. So the team can't punish Nuge taking him off the first PP unit. That's the major reason I think we don't see a RH shot there. The team needs to go with 2 PP units instead of just one. I don't see that happening.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Unless it's an absolute steal of a deal it'd be asinine to let Gretzky trade Pulju. He's still a valuable chip who could be a big part of the future here, and the next GM needs to be the one making that call. If I were in consideration for the job and saw him get moved by an interim guy I'd likely withdraw my name.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I get the feeling Jesse does not take well to having his salary cut down to AHL levels. Maybe he has expenses back home that require that NHL paycheque.

Reactions: Former Referee 68

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
If they trade puljujarvi I'll be pissed to and they will regret it .I think he is still 2 years away from getting his @#it together but when he does he gonna be a star. He still doesn't have proper balance .It's like he still isn't use to his body like he just had massive growthspurt.

I mean look how he plays and skates now compared to when he skated in the world juniors. In the world juniors he looks so smooth and agile. And well now in the NHL he looks literally awkward and clumsy. Something isn't right you just don't lose that type of stride. It's almost like someone tried to teach him a different way to skate tat he is still learning from but it sucks

Reactions: BudBundy

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I get the feeling Jesse does not take well to having his salary cut down to AHL levels. Maybe he has expenses back home that require that NHL paycheque.
I guess they can suspend him when he refuses to report and make zero money then.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
The problem with putting him on the PP1 left half wall is then you take Nuge off. And currently there isn't even a PP2. So the team can't punish Nuge taking him off the first PP unit. That's the major reason I think we don't see a RH shot there. The team needs to go with 2 PP units instead of just one. I don't see that happening.

I understand that, but there's been several times when it was a beatiful time to give it a go. And last season Nuge was on the 2nd unit.

After all they've been lacking a RH shot and there's been hundreds of messages from fans during these years to try him there. So many other forwards have got that chance, even in the 1st PP unit. There's been times when the PP was atrocius for quite a while and the end of the last season was a perfect chance to try him without any risk. I'd think it's a frustrating feeling to keep waiting year after year for a chance that never comes and that probably plays a huge part in why he and his agent think a trade may be a good option.

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Not 100% sure but I’m fairly certain you need medical authorization to put a player on IR, you can’t just decide to stick someone there to get them off the roster.

If the boys are on IR, they’re legitimately hurt. Bakersfield doesn’t play until Friday so there’s no rush to send him down.

Maybe MacT obtained his MD online from an obscure online university, allowing them to place players on IR who aren't actually injured. Old Boys Club in full effect ;)

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
:laugh: losing in Edmonton isn't enough, Oilers now trying thier best to stop the Condors win streak. Your part of the Oilers organization....enough of the streak ! Get Currie out of there now !

That just means Yamamoto moves up to the top6 and it sounds like he's been one of the best players down there the last couple of games.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I understand that, but there's been several times when it was a beatiful time to give it a go. And last season Nuge was on the 2nd unit.

After all they've been lacking a RH shot and there's been hundreds of messages from fans during these years to try him there. So many other forwards have got that chance, even in the 1st PP unit. There's been times when the PP was atrocius for quite a while and the end of the last season was a perfect chance to try him without any risk. I'd think it's a frustrating feeling to keep waiting year after year for a chance that never comes and that probably plays a huge part in why he and his agent think a trade may be a good option.

Well, Hitch said they've been using him there in practice.

Obviously it's not going well enough to use it in games.

Reactions: frag2

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Well, Hitch said they've been using him there in practice.

Obviously it's not going well enough to use it in games.

Maybe, but I still find it strange. Especially as we saw it worked in the short AHL stretch this season and in the one chance he got in the NHL this year. But like I said, I haven't seen what's going on in the practice. Whatever the reason is, after the promising start (the old messages prove this) at the start of the first year I'd never thought this is the situation after almost three years.

Last edited:

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Gregor just tweeted hairline fracture

Yep, here it is. Also...check out the last part of it. Jesse looking like a prima donna here...unless he's taken Connor's "if you don't want to be here" quote to the next level by showing how much he wants to be here.

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
That just means Yamamoto moves up to the top6 and it sounds like he's been one of the best players down there the last couple of games.
I seen one of his goals on this site. He blew by 2 dman and went in all alone and scored. Good to see

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Dr. Bobby Burgers has diagnosed Pulju with a debilitating character deficiency.

Lets be honest for a second though. Pulju is a pizza guy and Bobby is a burger guy. Pulju simply didn't fit into the culture here. NY or Chicago would be more of a fit for him

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains

Yep, here it is. Also...check out the last part of it. Jesse looking like a prima donna here...unless he's taken Connor's "if you don't want to be here" quote to the next level by showing how much he wants to be here.

:sarcasm:

Jesse didn’t want to get sent down earlier in the year, hence the trade rumours then.

JP is getting bad advice from his agent.

It’s the Yakupov situation all over again.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Think RH shooting version of Nuge, but not as good away from the puck (though not bad). Good shot, but needs to use it more.

I think we’d be quite fortunate to pull off Pulju for Necas. Probably have to add a bit. Canes look playoff bound, maybe adding Chiasson?

Interesting.
Sometimes teams will trade one prospect/project for another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad