Speculation: Key Targets for more Cap Dumps

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I saw @Henkka posted about this in another thread but I was thinking last night that Yzerman will likely take some contracts off of TB's hands.

This feels inevitable. You have one team that has great role players that might make too much to retain on a stacked roster and another team that can afford to slightly overpay great role players and desperately needs guys like that.

Reactions: Ricelund

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Ghost, a TB forward or two, Gaudette + dump(s) from Vancouver are all moves I'd be on board with assuming the price is advantageous

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I’m not sold on Gostisbhere. He has been declining for a few years now and still has a 3 year contract.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
This game moves too fast for me: Many of the names you guys are considering mere cap dumps, I still considered really good players.

Nick Leddy? I've always admired that guy's game. What happened to him? He's not even very old, is he? If we can pick him up, and get a 2nd rounder in return, and all we have to give up is "future considerations", I'm thinking that's f***ing awesome. Unless he's suddenly developed Jonathan Ericsson Syndrome or something.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
This game moves too fast for me: Many of the names you guys are considering mere cap dumps, I still considered really good players.

Nick Leddy? I've always admired that guy's game. What happened to him? He's not even very old, is he? If we can pick him up, and get a 2nd rounder in return, and all we have to give up is "future considerations", I'm thinking that's f***ing awesome. Unless he's suddenly developed Jonathan Ericsson Syndrome or something.
Per the Isles board, they'd be selling Leddy (& rightly so, as he has positive value). He's not a capdump by any means. Casualty maybe, but he's still a Top 4 minute muncher.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
Nick Leddy is due $6.5M and $7.0M in base salaries the next two years. It would surprise me if the Islanders could move that.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Not sure to whom you're replying, but I'm guessing it's about MAF. What if Vegas retained and/or took back one of our shit contracts (with retention also likely)?
He replied to the MAF comment....

They have stated they do not plan on retaining, and they are up against the cap so they will not be taking back a contract. VGK will trade someone though to clear up space, and I'm sure MAF is at the top of their list.

Reactions: RedMenace

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
He replied to the MAF comment....

They have stated they do not plan on retaining, and they are up against the cap so they will not be taking back a contract. VGK will trade someone though to clear up space, and I'm sure MAF is at the top of their list.

I hadn't heard the "no retention or contracts" part, thank you for clarifying.

If they add enough, I'd take MAF at full price and run.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I hadn't heard the "no retention or contracts" part, thank you for clarifying.

If they add enough, I'd take MAF at full price and run.
MAF has also stated that he doesn't want to be traded, so his 10 team no trade list probably consists of teams with cap space.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
MAF has also stated that he doesn't want to be traded, so his 10 team no trade list probably consists of teams with cap space.

That part I'd read, but he also wants to play... and all that was before the Lehner signing was official.

He also may be feeling very betrayed at this point, but only he, his agent, and photoshop know for sure.

And hell, let him not report then move to terminate, then let him re-sign in Vegas for cheap. That may set us back for goalies next season, but there's always Jimmy. :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad