Confirmed with Link: Kevin Stenlund 1 year 2 way

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Glad the Moose were able to get a player signed today. Zinger must be happy. He can now join Chevy out on the dock and do some fishing.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
He plays the game of hockey. Some scouting:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Shoots right, might've gotten some PP time under Maurice for that reason alone.

Lmao!

Seems like a player who can realistically fill in on the fourth during injuries Soni don't hate this signing. It's dirt cheap bottom of the lineup depth.

Had 10 points in 32 games both 19/20 and 20/21. As sad as that is, that would have made him our most productive bottom 6er last season, and it's not particularly close.

Should be a Moose player, but that assumes that we do something about our bottom 6.

Yeah just looked into him more. If he can put up 15 points he'd be ok on a fourth line.

Reactions: None

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It is kind of sad how people take pot shots at Cheveldayoff for the free agent signings as if the past 10 years were any different. Kevin Stenlund was a former 2nd rounder who has size. I imagine he will be 4th line centre.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
hi-random-guy-sogga.gif

Reactions: macmaroon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It is kind of sad how people take pot shots at Cheveldayoff for the free agent signings as if the past 10 years were any different. Kevin Stenlund was a former 2nd rounder who has size. I imagine he will be 4th line centre.

Seems like this kid was tracking decently well as a bottom 6 player prior to a serious leg/knee injury. Chevy says he's now healthy so this might be a pretty astute pickup if he can regain the form he had a couple of years ago.

Checked his underlying metrics and he had positive relationships possesion numbers his two good years and some decent depth scoring rates.

So all in all this is the type of gamble I am happy to make. I think if he has the injury squarely behind him he could be a plus 4th line center that can chip in 15 points.

Last edited:

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Chevy sleuthing. It’s not meant to be a slight or a joke. I actually think the Jets do free agency better than most clubs. Pavelec and Wheeler are the only 2 BAD contracts we’ve given. Stuart and Jokinen weren’t great, but no albatrosses either. Pavelectricity was pretty much the one and only time Chevy paid for potential. Wheeler is somewhat forgivable as he is an all-time Jet. I mean, we wouldn’t crap on the Bombers for not dumping late career Milt Stegall.

Reactions: ERYX

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
He plays the game of hockey. Some scouting:

"With increased skating speed he may do some impressive NHL damage."

Sounds like our first round pick Rutger pick. :sarcasm::naughty:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
He better not beat out Gus

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Well here is a guy who signed probably because he has a shot to make the NHL playing with his former HV71 teammate David Gustafsson. Gives Reichel some competition in camp. I hope it gets better but that's a Chevy opening day move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad