Player Discussion Kevin Shattenkirk

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
The team is divided into two parties:

The Shattenkirk Wedding People - Hayes, Skjei, Shattenkirk, Brendan Smith, Chris Krieder, Jimmy Vesey

Vs.

The Fast Wedding People - Lundqvist, Zuccarello, Zibanejad, Fast

Quinn has his work cut out for him uniting this locker room

#SarcasmOff

Last edited:
Reactions: haveandare

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Not sure if you're joking, but it's Quinn

He likes dry jokes, remember he doesn't know where Norway is..

The Shattenkirk Wedding People - Hayes, Skjei, Shattenkirk, Brendan Smith, Chris Krieder, Jimmy Vesey

Vs.

Quinn has his work cut for him uniting this locker room

#SarcasmOff

The Fast party will rule the locker room.

Reactions: Irishguy42

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

stepansistermilf4a.jpg

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I hope it was beer light at that party, but I like her she is cute. :nod:
So approved Kevin. :laugh:

So no, no, no Corona Extra, or Peroni, that Italy beer is dangerous! ;)

They have over two months to recover so I`m not worried, lol. :D

Last edited:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Anyone still want to convince me how great this guy is? #NYR UFA signing. #Overpaid. #One dimensional. #NYR retirement home.

The scary part is how shitty he is at even getting possession. IF the team pressures into the zone, IF he gets his spot, he might still have value. At his price tag? I'm so glad we dumped guys like Yandle for this old guy. What a treat. Don't even get me started at signing Boyle and dumping Strålman.

An offensive defenseman who can't skate and can't defend in his own zone. What a quality defenseman we have at our disposal. As advertised. He still has the hands, but his vision sucks. At least he has "Snow Angel Staal" to cover up from him being a sole scapegoat.

Paying a guy $6m or so as a third pairing PP specialty D-man is great if you want to tank at least. And he's not even great at that anymore.

I can't even get upset. I was there when Jagr/ Nylander/ Straka ended. I watched with horror how it started with Gomez/ Drury/ Redden. Holy crap. NYR has another, traditional albatross contract at their hands?

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Vs.

Quinn has his work cut out for him uniting this locker room

#SarcasmOff

It's those weird Europeans that are throwing everything off. The one's infecting our roster all look like metro sexual versions of the Fellowship of the Ring.

Henrik the Grey, Frodo Zucc, Gimli Zibanejad, Jesperwise the Eternal Sidekick.

TRADE. THEM. ALL.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
It's those weird Europeans that are throwing everything off. The one's infecting our roster all look like metro sexual versions of the Fellowship of the Ring.

TRADE. THEM. ALL.
Yeah, stuff as skill, commitment, drive and skating is overrated. Let's just do like Kreider and have one deking move - that he can't even do well - as a staple for NYR hockey. A bad backhand move towards the far post along the ice, that will get in if you're lucky, that will get lifted if hell freezes over. I don't think I've ever seen Kreider lift a puck into the roof of the net - ever. That'll win games. Or stone hands Vesey.

I know you're being sarcastic, but it's still hilarious.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yeah, stuff as skill, commitment, drive and skating is overrated. Let's just do like Kreider and have one deking move - that he can't even do well - as a staple for NYR hockey. A bad backhand move towards the far post along the ice, that will get in if you're lucky.

Yeah, but a lot of them are Nordic kind of Europeans. They're not even the best kinds of European.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Yeah, but a lot of them are Nordic kind of Europeans. They're not even the best kinds of European.
Well, what kind are we searching for? Slavic Adidas squatting pants kind? Pasta style kind? Arrogant "I know English but won't speak it" kind? Are we talking hockey or picking up young, unexperienced women?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Well, what kind are we searching for? Slavic Adidas squatting pants kind? Pasta style kind? Arrogant "I know English but won't speak it" kind? Are we talking hockey or picking up young, unexperienced women?

I'd like to think both.

Russian forwards and Czech women, with pre-game meals from Southern Europe.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I just listened to the Don La Greca podcast and he and E.J. talk about whether or not Kevin Shattenkirk should even be on the Rangers with this rebuild and that his inclusion in the lineup yesterday for the 8 minutes he got just took away the TOI for kids like Tony DeAngelo.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Shattenkirk isn't going anywhere in the immediate future, but I don't think he's tethered to the team either.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I just listened to the Don La Greca podcast and he and E.J. talk about whether or not Kevin Shattenkirk should even be on the Rangers with this rebuild and that his inclusion in the lineup yesterday for the 8 minutes he got just took away the TOI for kids like Tony DeAngelo.
Both Shattenkirk and Staal gone at this point would be very benefitial to the rebuild, unless they're in some coaching and mentoring capacity. What they bring on the ice, compared to their salaries is a joke, unless they're in some coaching/ mentoring capacity, about experience that no longer is valid in how the game has changed compared to when they were successful. Useless. The game today is all about mobility in all aspects, which both have none of. (except for Shattenkirk on the offensive blueline, period).

When NYR management is in charge, regardless of who's in charge, it seemingly always transcends into some kind of broke and dysfunctional record, where the biggest parts never seem to click with the progression towards the future.

I have a feeling this rebuild will last a lot more years than what the wish for. But I'm glad for Shattenkirk's case he could end his career on his dream franchise being old and useless and that Staal could end his career being useless, for his old services.

Expect a lot of losses, but in one way, that's good, right?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->