Injury Report: Kevin Shattenkirk Separated Shoulder Out 2-4 weeks

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
I don't think a 25 game stretch where Pionk has overperformed on the PP outweighs an entire career of PP excellence from Shattenkirk. Pionk is the worst of the 3 defenseman who have played on the PP when it comes to generating shots and scoring chances on the PP in fact, while playing the large majority of his PP time with the 1st unit.
See, perfect example of how people are, for whatever reason, downplaying Pionk. The proof is in the putting, and, no, I don't mean your analytics, I mean whats happening. As far as stats go, quite literally, Pionk is our best offensive defenseman, and it's been almost 50 games, I think, that he's been on this little "hot streak." Just his whole career thus far... but you think a whopping 8 points in like 28 games merits PP1 time?

One stat you're not considering, Pionk has directly contributed to 2X as many goals as any of our d-men.The others are not proving that they can.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
30 is the new 35. I've said that somewhere else in NYRHF.

Sure, he was 28 when we signed him, but he is not a fast player and the trend is younger, younger, younger and faster, faster, faster. Like all aspects of life, we're seeing younger generations come into the worforce, and the league is becoming multigenerational and soon will be dominated by younger players.
Agree. In part, due to the quicker development of skill at a younger age and lets face it......if a team can get away with NOT paying a more experienced veteran, replacing him with someone ypunger and maybe just a little less talented but for FAR LESS money, then maybe thats part of the equation?

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Agree. In part, due to the quicker development of skill at a younger age and lets face it......if a team can get away with NOT paying a more experienced veteran, replacing him with someone ypunger and maybe just a little less talented but for FAR LESS money, then maybe thats part of the equation?
Organizations will do that almost every time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad