Injury Report: Kevin Shattenkirk Separated Shoulder Out 2-4 weeks

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
we were in full tank mode during the last 23 games of the season.

haha thanks, yea he had hair. he wasnt super flashy even back then like you might think. he was a great skater but nothing else really stood out.

from my experiance, the guys that went the farthest at early stages/lower levels (atleast in the lower hudson valley/greater new york area) werent the ones that played like gretzky. they were the guys that were smart and could skate.
So, what are you saying.....u werent that smart? Lol. Just kidding.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
haha i was fast enough, but not smart or skilled enough. i topped out playing junior B but quit before college when i broke my hand.
Wow, good for you. Honesty. Wow. Don't see that much of it. Most woukld probably pretend to say they weren't "fast enough", not to belittle thier intelligence nor lack of skill. Kudos to you dear sir, either way.....way cool and good for you to even have that kind of experienc3 that I WISH I could have had.
Sorry about hand.....accident or did you put it through a concrete wall, like I once did. I thought it was just plywood. Lol.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
And with that said......what in God's name were the Rangers thinking about, when they went after him? Or, was it more Shatty selling himself as a lifelong Rangers fan, and would be great for selling papers? Apparently the spoiled Shatty got what he wanted and didnt help his favorite team at all.
At this point he would have been helping the Rangers MORE by being a detriment to Washington's play, helping us.
OR, did he come aboard to help us with the "tank/rebuild".

Again.....sometimes I think the Rangers get players based on their "name" and what they "HAVE DONE", opposed to what they are going to do. I thought that ****ty thinking was over!

Another thing......when the "thinking of a rebuild" coming soon, why oh why.......would they sign Shatty? To make up for Yandle? Oh God......wasnt a big difference in $$ between the 2, so why not a more versatile (Yandles consec. game streak comes to mind), younger and obviously not that worn. And yeah, Shatty being more of a "by product" opposed to Yandle really being a bright light on a very crappy Arizona team and then misused in NY. So again, what in the hell?........Unless the obvious, Yandle would have HURT the "tank".

He signed a deal that was pretty agreed upon as great value at the time.

He was 28 years old and signed a 4 year deal. We didn't sign a 31 year old to a 6 year contract here... it's actually quite shocking it's blown up in our face so much but it's a deal that won't kill us.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

He was 28 years old and signed a 4 year deal. We didn't sign a 31 year old to a 6 year contract here... it's actually quite shocking it's blown up in our face so much but it's a deal that won't kill us.
He hasn’t been good at all but I think he’ll turn it around. I dunno. Two coaches, two big injuries. He hasn’t had a chance to get it going. I hope he can.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
He hasn’t been good at all but I think he’ll turn it around. I dunno. Two coaches, two big injuries. He hasn’t had a chance to get it going. I hope he can.

No he won't. You're witnessing the beginning of a career that has peaked and is on its way down.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

Believe me i get it, and some might say him being "less than" the Shatty we thought we were getting, (much of it due to injury)......well, that has worked in our favor in a weird kind of way. I guess this recent injury will annihilate any chance we had at potentially trading him at deadline. Next years deadline sounds good to me, as it will give us time for his stock to rise.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Believe me i get it, and some might say him being "less than" the Shatty we thought we were getting, (much of it due to injury)......well, that has worked in our favor in a weird kind of way. I guess this recent injury will annihilate any chance we had at potentially trading him at deadline. Next years deadline sounds good to me, as it will give us time for his stock to rise.

30 is the new 35. I've said that somewhere else in NYRHF.

Sure, he was 28 when we signed him, but he is not a fast player and the trend is younger, younger, younger and faster, faster, faster. Like all aspects of life, we're seeing younger generations come into the worforce, and the league is becoming multigenerational and soon will be dominated by younger players.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
A player who’s contract (if we keep it) is up at the same time as some other much worse contracts & who we can retain on in the last yr and deal.

I don’t think he’s been anywhere near what I had thought or hoped... but he’s not killing us.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
That WAS arguable 18 months ago... he's not beaten out Pionk so he shouldn't be on PP1. He's been little better than DeAngelo (who will be getting a pass until 25).
I don't think a 25 game stretch where Pionk has overperformed on the PP outweighs an entire career of PP excellence from Shattenkirk. Pionk is the worst of the 3 defenseman who have played on the PP when it comes to generating shots and scoring chances on the PP in fact, while playing the large majority of his PP time with the 1st unit.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Pionk has had a rough stretch and no one will argue that, but he outperformed Shatty most of the year.

Everyone wants to get younger and better and yet everyone is bitching about a kid getting PP1 time while Kirk is in an arm sling.

When he gets back and gets healthy maybe he gets his PP1 time back.

But let’s not pretend this latest injury was of the nagging variety. He got hit and dislocated. He’s looked less than decent in a NYR uniform and he should HAVE to prove himself at practice and in games like everyone else.

If the coach starts Pionk on the PP then guess what? He didn’t earn it

Reactions: BobMarleyNYR

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
It looks like Shattenkirk will miss full 4 weeks with the shoulder injury. Closer to 4. That’s what Larry Brooks reporter. It will be 2 weeks this Monday. They have a 3 day break for Christmas. No ice time for anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->