Proposal: Kevin Shattenkirk for Valtteri Filppula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendonhayden

Jan 25, 2016
Don't see Yzerman doing Filppula for 1 year of Shattenkirk, Because the odds that Tampa can resign Shattenkirk are pretty Nil especially if Shatty is seeking around 7x7 and this doesn't make to much sense for St Louis they can get far better then Filppula for Shattenkirk.

Not all teams are retooling they are contenders this would help them win a cup they already have a good team this would help them a lot. This also helps them clear cap this year and next.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Not all teams are retooling they are contenders this would help them win a cup they already have a good team this would help them a lot. This also helps them clear cap this year and next.

Trading Filppula for Shattenkirk doesn't help Tampa that much seeing that Filppula makes $5 million for 2 more years and Shattenkirk makes $4.25 million for 1 more year so Tampa is only saving $750,000 here for this year. Pretty sure that if Yzerman trades Filppula Yzerman would be looking for picks or a semi decent prospect for Filppula he needs to shed the entire $5 million not parts of it.

Brendonhayden

Jan 25, 2016
Trading Filppula for Shattenkirk doesn't help Tampa that much seeing that Filppula makes $5 million for 2 more years and Shattenkirk makes $4.25 million for 1 more year so Tampa is only saving $750,000 here for this year. Pretty sure that if Yzerman trades Filppula Yzerman would be looking for picks or a semi decent prospect for Filppula he needs to shed the entire $5 million not parts of it.

It does not help much this year but next year they will save all 5 million when they have drouin Johnson and palat as rfas and this deal is bad for the blues anyway. There is no deal with shattenkirk to Tampa unless it involves drouin imo (or one of the other good young forwards) I think a better deal for the blues would be shattenkirk blues first next year and Ivan barabashev for drouin and vipula. Don't think Tampa does it but the blues would.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Is this mocking a TB poster in another Shattenkirk thread? I haven't been keeping up.

If not, I'd throw Flip overhand to St. Louis for Shattenkirk.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, being that it's Ranksu I was thinking, "There's no way he's serious, but this looks more like mockery or self-flagellation than an actual joke."

I could possibly see a Tampa deal with Filppula, but it would require some significant futures and Filppula being in there as a cap dump to make Shattenkirk work long-term.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Filppula has zero trade value. Absolutely none. Taking him on would be doing TB a gargantuan favor. They'd be taking both a significant amount of cap off of their payroll and a NMC for the upcoming expansion draft. You wont get positive value for that.

2020 Cup Champions

Nov 26, 2013
I could possibly see a Tampa deal with Filppula, but it would require some significant futures and Filppula being in there as a cap dump to make Shattenkirk work long-term.

Do you guys see an actual place in your lineup for him? I feel like I remember seeing countless LW and C proposals shot down (fairly) because of organizational depth, which is pretty much what Flip is.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Do you guys see an actual place in your lineup for him? I feel like I remember seeing countless LW and C proposals shot down (fairly) because of organizational depth, which is pretty much what Flip is.

We have a spot for pretty much any forward. We'd prefer C or RW though. LW has the least interest because more of our forwards either prefer that spot. I'd see the lineup being:

Schwartz-Steen-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Stastny-Perron
Berglund-Filppula-Lehtera/Jaskin/Sobotka

The 2 3rd line wing spots would be filled by those 4. Another possibility would be Filppula-Lehtera-Berglund.

We have enough flexibility to slot people in multiple spots, but C or RW would be preferable IMO.

2020 Cup Champions

Nov 26, 2013
We have a spot for pretty much any forward. We'd prefer C or RW though. LW has the least interest because more of our forwards either prefer that spot. I'd see the lineup being:

Schwartz-Steen-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Stastny-Perron
Berglund-Filppula-Lehtera/Jaskin/Sobotka

The 2 3rd line wing spots would be filled by those 4. Another possibility would be Filppula-Lehtera-Berglund.

We have enough flexibility to slot people in multiple spots, but C or RW would be preferable IMO.

I know why I was surprised you guys had room for Flip: I forgot Backes was gone! :laugh:

Well, if you like RW, we have a slightly used Callahan, too. :sarcasm:

Seriously, though, Flip would be the easiest guy to move for us and for whomever acquires him (assuming they have a protection spot), so hopefully Army (or whomever it is at this point) and Yzerman can get together soon. :yo:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I know why I was surprised you guys had room for Flip: I forgot Backes was gone! :laugh:

Well, if you like RW, we have a slightly used Callahan, too. :sarcasm:

Seriously, though, Flip would be the easiest guy to move for us and for whomever acquires him (assuming they have a protection spot), so hopefully Army (or whomever it is at this point) and Yzerman can get together soon. :yo:

I think the bigger question is, is Yzerman willing or have the assets to give to offset the negative value that Flip has? His production is falling in a big way and he has to be protected in the expansion draft. The deal only works if Tampa really makes it worth it. Not sure if they would be willing to do that.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
So people see now somethng going on in with Shattery + <-> Filppula + ?

Yeah... no.

A significantly younger and cheaper Filppula had very little value a couple years ago on a team that didn't need to clear out oodles of cap room.

Filppula with a couple years at 5M with an NMC going into an expansion draft where he'd have to be protected... as a decent but nowhere near great #2C does not have any kind of significant value.

In a deal for Shattenkirk, Filppula isn't the headlining asset going to St. Louis. It will be X + Filppula with the X being real big.

LrdStnly

May 10, 2016
No way army goes for this. He's on the declining side of the curve. I'd rather see something like Shattenkirk and Lehtera to Philly for Simmonds and Del Zotto.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Don't see Yzerman doing Filppula for 1 year of Shattenkirk, Because the odds that Tampa can resign Shattenkirk are pretty Nil especially if Shatty is seeking around 7x7 and this doesn't make to much sense for St Louis they can get far better then Filppula for Shattenkirk.

Yzerman would do it in a heartbeat (I'm a TB fan). Can't see STL doing it though. Not sure if STL would be at all interested in Filppula, but if they are, he could easily be added to anything. He does seem like a Hitchcock player.

I keep thinking about a 3-way deal between STL, Dallas, and TB.

To Dallas: Bishop

To Tampa Bay: Shattenkirk, Niemi

To St. Louis: Nichushkin, Peca/Namestnikov/Filppula/Garrison + Picks

Or something based around the framework that TB gets Shattenkirk, Dallas gets Bishop, and STL gets pieces from both sides.

Brendonhayden

Jan 25, 2016
Yzerman would do it in a heartbeat (I'm a TB fan). Can't see STL doing it though. Not sure if STL would be at all interested in Filppula, but if they are, he could easily be added to anything. He does seem like a Hitchcock player.

I keep thinking about a 3-way deal between STL, Dallas, and TB.

To Dallas: Bishop

To Tampa Bay: Shattenkirk, Niemi

To St. Louis: Nichushkin, Peca/Namestnikov/Filppula/Garrison + Picks

Or something based around the framework that TB gets Shattenkirk, Dallas gets Bishop, and STL gets pieces from both sides.

So do the blues get to pick from those people in the slashes or do we get them all. If we get to pick then I would do namestnikov. Would think one of garrison or vippula would have to go to Dallas for cap reasons. But blues would do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad