Proposal: Kevin Shattenkirk for Valtteri Filppula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
[STL/TBL] Kevin Shattenkirk&2017 5th round (BUF) for Valtteri Filppula&2017 2nd round pick

Could this be IRL trade for with these teams? This would easily help both teams in short term.

I think TBL can fill Filppula's hole easily and maybe are relief about somebody could take his salary pointing next year there will be couple big raises for TBL players.

Blues gets some addition to their center spot, I know Filppula isn't the greatest one, another 3rd liner who could take some relief from Stastny (harderst opponent etc.)

That said Blues could compensate even more and throw to TBL roster Sobotka's rights and he could fill FIlppula's hole and then TBL could add 2nd round pick (BOS)/unproven forward prospect.

I didn't view about could TBL resign Shattery next year or Filppula in 2-years, but in short term deal could this be potential one? Apple to Apple like Doug Armstrong speaks and maybe is looking for this point.

PS. I already know I'll get bashed down from my Blues members, but

andy-kaufman-reporters.jpg

edit. Changed right year for picks.

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Don't see Yzerman doing Filppula for 1 year of Shattenkirk, Because the odds that Tampa can resign Shattenkirk are pretty Nil especially if Shatty is seeking around 7x7 and this doesn't make to much sense for St Louis they can get far better then Filppula for Shattenkirk.

Group Chat Legend*

NJ offers a first round pick in 2017 and Blandisi... Because our offer is 104x better than the OP

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Tampa does not own Arizona's 2018 2nd round pick. That's the 2nd time I've seen a proposal that included it.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Even though he wouldn't do it SY would be on the Americas most wanted list for highway robbery here.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
It's rare to see a ridiculous trade proposal involving Tampa where we are the ones doing the robbing rather than the ones getting robbed, but such is the case here. There would be even more rioting in St. Louis than usual if this happened.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Tampa does not own Arizona's 2018 2nd round pick. That's the 2nd time I've seen a proposal that included it.

I miss write both years from both team.

Doug Armstrong will get a far better deal then this from some desperate team after Shattenkirk. So pretty sure that Army says a big fat No.

I wouldn't put my money depending what Army can acquire with good assets. He is terrible in generally in trading results.

I think Army could pull out something like this around end of November and I think Yzerbman is far better GM what comes to trading skills.

I know this is bad for Blues, but I deliberately downgrade return value from Shattenkirk, but just those players are main pieces and build trade around them.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
This proposal is so out of left field. I think there is a much higher chance of the Blues trading for an all-futures package than something like this. This doesn't even amount to what I'd expect for a rental deal.

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
At the very best Filppula+Ariz 2nd have slightly negative value. I don't see how you get Shattenkirk coming back the other way unless you add a lot of value. I dont see Tampa giving up that much value for him since they don't have the cap to lock him up. Maybe Ariz 2nd+ at deadline to rent him.

GrayZack

Jul 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
It wouldnt be the worst thing in the world to add some Play off experience to the Blues. If we still have Shatty at around X-mas time and Parayko takes on a greater roll. Adding a player like Filppula with 152 play off games and 79 points could help out our young core come play off time.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We don't have Arizona 2nd in any year going forward or Bostons, do some research before you post crap like this.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I miss write both years from both team.

Okay, but now you've done it twice. Tampa also doesn't have AZ's 2017 2nd round pick.

Tampa acquired AZ's 2016 2nd round pick, which they used to draft Libor Hajek.

AZ owns it's 2017 and 2018 2nd round draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->