Waived: Kevin Rooney

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Thank you to everyone here who pointed out to Tre that Rooney was terrible. Now all he has to do is publicly acknowledge hf boards and resign and commit sepeku

Reactions: Potty John

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Whichever individual or individuals that suggests someone as obviously terrible as Rooney be signed to a 2 year 2.6M deal on opening of free agency should be publicly shamed and fired

Reactions: BobColesNasalCavity

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I honestly thought he'd perform a bit better.
Not that he'd ever be a major difference maker, but he was a good skater that came with some prestige from NYR (their fans tended to like him)... but he just had that Sutter makings of being an excellent possession player. It didn't work out. The fourth line hasn't worked out after the first 6-8 games this year.

Probably about time to make some sweeping changes down there. Lewis can stay because I think he's a valuable player, more valuable than anyone on this forum will ever give him credit for, and I think Ritchie can be a spark when you need him... but you can't have a line that kills momentum and gets buried in their own zone constantly. Plus you add the Lucic giveaways on top of it... oof.

Reactions: Nanuuk

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Looch has to be next to go. Stone hands, giveaways, doesn't hit the same

Agreed. He’s had all of 2 goals this calendar year and nothing since March. Whether he’s coasting or just lost his final step, the guy is done as a regular nhler.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I honestly thought he'd perform a bit better.
Not that he'd ever be a major difference maker, but he was a good skater that came with some prestige from NYR (their fans tended to like him)... but he just had that Sutter makings of being an excellent possession player. It didn't work out. The fourth line hasn't worked out after the first 6-8 games this year.

Probably about time to make some sweeping changes down there. Lewis can stay because I think he's a valuable player, more valuable than anyone on this forum will ever give him credit for, and I think Ritchie can be a spark when you need him... but you can't have a line that kills momentum and gets buried in their own zone constantly. Plus you add the Lucic giveaways on top of it... oof.
People should also remember that Rooney was signed before Treliving picked up Radim Zohorna off of waivers after camp.

Zohorna's success in the AHL (and his size) made Rooney expendable or due for an extended stay in the AHL to get his game going again.

As Sutter has said Depth up the middle and on D is critical.

We may have not seen the last of Rooney.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Rangers media suggesting a claim wouldn't be a stretch

giphy.gif

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Can we trade him back to the Rangers for Carpenter? Just reset them to last season lol. Carpenter isn't great but I'd take him on the 4th line over Rooney

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
He can't even be a goon anymore. He's cooked.
I mean we just played a team that has Ryan Reaves in the lineup and he wasn’t credited with a hit and I don’t even remember him starting a scrum. Not saying Lucic is the best hockey player anymore, but his effect on the game as arguably the toughest man left in the league is very subtle. Honestly ask yourself the last time you remember seeing one of our stars having liberties taken on them repeatedly for an entire game. That is something that’s pretty unique to our team, go check most other team boards or game threads if you don’t believe it.

Literally read multiple Minnesota fans complaining that Reaves was supposed to dissuade our players from all the extra shots and hits our players were giving their stars last night. That’s the Lucic (and Ritchie, maybe Zadorov) effect. Multiple players in our locker room have been on record in interviews saying having him around makes you walk taller.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I mean we just played a team that has Ryan Reaves in the lineup and he wasn’t credited with a hit and I don’t even remember him starting a scrum. Not saying Lucic is the best hockey player anymore, but his effect on the game as arguably the toughest man left in the league is very subtle. Honestly ask yourself the last time you remember seeing one of our stars having liberties taken on them repeatedly for an entire game. That is something that’s pretty unique to our team, go check most other team boards or game threads if you don’t believe it.

Literally read multiple Minnesota fans complaining that Reaves was supposed to dissuade our players from all the extra shots and hits our players were giving their stars last night. That’s the Lucic (and Ritchie, maybe Zadorov) effect. Multiple players in our locker room have been on record in interviews saying having him around makes you walk taller.
I know nobody in the league wants to fight Looch.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00