Waived: Kevin Porter

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Pretty sure Scott will still count against the 23 man roster if he's suspended. So either Leino or McCormick are returning. Another move will be necessary soon.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Pretty sure Scott will still count against the 23 man roster if he's suspended. So either Leino or McCormick are returning. Another move will be necessary soon.

McCormick was on IR. Porter being waived makes room for him to come off.

Leino is traveling with the team so he may be close too.

Karate Johnson*

Need roster spots for all the NHL ready youngsters we're getting back in the Miller and Vanek megatrades.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
While I don't mind the move and suspect Leino is coming back I can't say I'm bothered. I like Porter and home he helps the Amerks.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
More interesting will be when Leino returns,who they send down. I think Tropp will go down on conditioning at first. Armia will go right to Rochester.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
This move shows that they feel that the youth on the roster will develop despite losing most games. Girgensons played his 10th last night. Ristolainen is not being re-assigned despite not being in the lineup.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I'd still like to see Luke Adam get another shot in the NHL.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
I'd still like to see Luke Adam get another shot in the NHL.

He's been playing well, hopefully he'll see a little time with the at First Niagara this season. I mean, what's the worst that could happen with him on the ice... we lose faster? Well at least we'd have some variety.

Unfortunately, as it stands, he doesn't look like he'll be part of the rebuild. It'd be better to move him sooner, while he's riding a little streak, rather than wait for him to fall back into old habits. Basically my same view on Stafford, Sulzer, McCormick, and (to a lesser extent) Ennis. Throw a couple of these in with a blue - chipper like Vanek or Miller, add an expendable prospect like JGL or McNabb and hopefully a team like the Oilers, Devils or Flyers would chip in a nice return of high picks and hard working prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad