Kevin Musto's 2018 NHL Draft Ranking - Top 62

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Hey everyone! This is the first time I’ve ever shared my rankings. I’ve definitely done way more research on this year’s draft than I have in the past so I feel pretty confident with sharing these. Let me know what you think :)

I’m going to try and update bios/descriptions between now and the draft. My goal is to do write-ups for 1-31, but hopefully I can get around to doing a few more beyond that.

1. Rasmus Dahlin – Do I need to explain this?

2. Andrei Svechnikov – Also don’t need to justify this one. Svech is the best forward in the draft and it ain’t even close. He’s had a historic season in the OHL that’s been unfortunately shadowed a bit by the Dahlin hype. He’s the best pure goal scorer the OHL has seen in over 20 years. That shouldn’t go unnoticed. Any other year and he’s the unanimous #1.

3. Quinn Hughes – Hands down my favourite player in the draft. There’s a lot of debate over who’s the best D after Dahlin, and in my opinion it’s Hughes. Quinn is an offensive dynamo and is hands-down the best skater in the draft. His hockey IQ is through the roof. He reads the play and thinks the game at a faster level than anyone else on the ice. I find myself thoroughly amused watching him because he’s so good that there are times where his own teammates can’t even keep up with him. Put him in the NHL immediately.

4. Oliver Wahlstrom - It was tough deciding whether or not I should have Wahlstrom or Zadina at #4 but ultimately I have to go with Wahlstrom. His totals are more impressive and his Laine-like shot is mouth watering. This is a guy who can put up 40+ goals in the NHL. This is a guy who will contend for the Rocket Richard all throughout his career. After Svech, he's the top goal scorer in this draft.

5. Filip Zadina - In the end, Zadina places below Wahlstrom for me. He's a well-rounded player who is likely to become a top line winger. He's also got nice speed which allows him to move past defenders. At this point, everyone knows what Zadina brings to the table. He makes any team better with him in the lineup.

6. Vitali Kravtsov – What Kravtsov managed to do in the KHL play offs is ridiculous. This is arguably the second best hockey league in the world and he dominated everyone at 18 years old. That’s rare. His size is also another positive. He’s got that big winger frame much like Svechnikov and NHLers like Ovie and Tarasenko. Although his size keeps him stapled to the puck, he chooses not to throw himself around so he does leave a bit more to be desired when it comes to physicality. But honestly that’s just being nitpicky. Just look at someone line Panarin and it’s clear that Kravtsov can thrive without throwing too many hits. One more year in the KHL and he should be good to make his NHL debut.

7. Jesperi Kotkaniemi - The top center of the draft. This is a weak year for centers which is why Kotkaniemi stands out. Although he's not at Barkov levels of talent, he's still got top line upside and it's no wonder a team like Montreal is desperate for him.

8. Adam Boqvist – Throughout the whole year, I've had Boqvist very high. His offensive acumen and deadly shot were enough for me to excuse his spotty defensive play because honestly most D his age need to work on that. But with his concussions, I've had to drop him down. It's a serious concern. I still consider, him a top 10 pick because his raw talent is still insane, but his risk is through the roof. I wouldn't be surprised if he falls out of the top 10 simply due to fear. Boqvist is the biggest risk/reward player in the draft, and no matter what, this ranking is going to look silly in the future because he's either going to bust or perform like a top 5 draft pick.

9. Noah Dobson - With his Memorial Cup win, Dobson has really started to turn heads and has shot his way up many rankings. He's a mobile two-way defenceman. Noticed how I said mobile and he's 6'3" 180lbs. How is that not exciting? Dobson's has a good shot a being a 1-2 D on an NHL roster and his readiness seems to suggest that he can make the transition after one more season in the Q. He's responsible defensively and knows how to position himself better than most his age. His potential isn't as lethal as Boqvist, but he's got a much better shot at reaching his.

10. Martin Kaut – That’s right. Kaut is in my top 10! Martin Kaut is a workhorse. He’s an incredible 2 way winger that blows me away every time I watch him play. I jokingly call him “Hossa’s successor” but it’s true that stylistically he plays an incredibly similar game which is why I like him so much. Wingers like Wahlstrom and Zadina are rightfully praised for their offensive talent. Naturally that’s going to garner more attention, but it’s Kaut’s defensive responsibility that makes him so special. He’s always fighting for the puck. He’s not afraid to battle along the boards or hit. If you ask me, he’s the best stick checking forward in the draft. He just pickpockets guys left and right and if he happens to turn over the puck, you can bet your ass he’ll be hustling to retrieve it. Kaut is quite fast. In all honestly he could probably play in the NHL next season and wouldn’t be a liability. That being said, he’ll certainly stay in Czech another year. Also it should be noted that he’s no slouch when it comes to scoring and playmaking either. I just really wanted to shine a spotlight on his defensive qualities.

11. Jonatan Berggren - This is the kind of player I go crazy for. Highly skilled, Panarin-like winger. There's a few of these guys in the draft, but Berggren is amongst the best. Not only are his totals very impressive, but Berggren oozes an elite amount of talent. He's got jets on his skates and can juke around D like it's nothing. His wrister is quite strong too. He's got a long career as an NHL top liner ahead of him. Since I'm not expecting him to go in the top 15, you can guarantee he's going to be a steal. Next William Karlsson.

12. Brady Tkachuk – I like Tkachuk quite a bit, he's definitely grown on me, but his upside keeps him right outside the top 10 for me. He's got a really high floor which is fantastic, but if I'm picking high I think I'd like to see some more potential. I think Tkachuk can be a high end 2nd liner, but the lack of an elite toolset keeps him away from being a star top liner in the NHL. Having said that, his safety is still a positive. You could make the argument to have him higher, but I certainly can't drop him any further because he's pretty much a surefire NHLer.

13. Ty Smith - There's nothing sexy about Ty Smith. But his safety what makes him a good pick. It's easy for me to comfortably project Smith as a top 4 D in the NHL because there's no risk in his game. He's very defensively responsible and he can put up points too. I don't know if he'll ever be a top pairing D, but I think he's a lock as a 3-4 guy who can run the power play. Another asset is speed which will really allow him to thrive in the modern NHL.

14. Joel Farabee - Although he's benefited immensely from playing with incredible linemates, that doesn't take away from Farabee's game. He's a great skater that can create a lot of offensive chances. He needs to fill out, and has next to know physical presence, but he plays a really smart defensive game. Usually that's something that needs to be developed more, but Farabee already plays a 200 foot game which makes him a 2 way winger worth picking in the top 15.

15. Jake Wise – This is probably my riskiest ranking. I have Wise way higher than just about everyone. Here’s the thing. Kotkaniemi is the unanimous best center in the draft and usually Veleno and Hayton are touted as #2 but to me Wise makes a stronger case than those two. Wise is a two way centre similar to Nick Schmaltz. Like Schmaltz, he’s going to need a couple years to marinate before hitting the big league, but to me it’s a question of when and not if. In my opinion Wise is very likely to make it into the NHL. Do I see him as a 1C? Not necessarily, but I do think he’ll cement himself as a 2C. He’s the kind of guy that’ll be the perfect complimentary piece for a team that already has their superstar 1C. He’s not going to blow you away offensively and pretty much lacks flash. That being said, he’s a tremendous puck carrier and really knows how to setup his linemates. And who knows? As he develops, he might even add some more offensive skills to his already balanced toolset.

16. Rasmus Sandin - Explosive and dynamic. Sandin dominates the OHL. He has complete control over everything that happens on the ice and he's able to slow things down and outsmart other players. As much as it's been great to see him get exposure over here and see how he's adapted to NA ice, his talents are wasted in the OHL. Can't wait to see him play at a higher level next year in the SHL.

17. Liam Foudy – Although he had a slow start out the gate, Foudy eventually gained his confidence and became absolutely lethal. He’s lightning fast and can dangle his way out of tight situations. Foudy is ready to make highlight reel plays whenever he steps on the ice. He shoots with impressive quickness and precision. I’d bet a lot of money on Foudy racking up 100+ points next season. If you don’t have him ranked in the first round, you need to get your eyes checked out.

18. Grigori Denisenko - Raw. Denisenko is raw. He's a difficult player to project because of it. He's either a bust or the next Artemi Panarin. If you're picking outside the top 15, I'd take that risk. Denisenko has incredible hands and flashy moves, but doesn't have the ability to finish. If he can start to refine that area of the game, he's going to be deadly whenever he steps on the ice.

19. Evan Bouchard - I'm not as high on Bouchard as many others. I have trouble seeing his game translate to the next level. He seems like a 4-6 kind of D that's going to eat PK minutes rather than a top pairing D that's going to obliterate on the PP. He still seems like he can prove to be a useful piece on a roster, but don't expect him to be the go-to guy. I would not waste a top 10 pick on Bouchard, however his NHL sized frame means he may make the jump before a lot of other guys in the first round.

20. Ruslan Iskhakov - If there's anyone suffering the most from non-exposure in this draft, it's Iskhakov. If he played in a league that got more coverage, you can guarantee he'd be a unanimous 1st round pick. He's an incredibly agile and mobile attacker that isn't restricted by his size. Although he can shoot, he seems to be much more effective in a playmaking role since his silky smooth skating and soft hand allow him to open up a lot of space for his teammates to operate. Iskhakov might be THE surprise of the draft. The one player that throws everyone off in a couple of years because no one saw him coming. Much like Johnny Gaudreau.

21. Rasmus Kupari - I've been on a bit of a rollercoaster ride with Kupari throughout the season. There was a long time where I didn't like him, but in the end I came around. Honestly he could be higher on this list because he's got some really flashy moves. I think the concern is if that'll translate to smaller ice, but that can really be said about most European prospects so it's not like it's a red flag. I know he plays some center, but he'll probably be used as a winger if he makes it to the NHL.

22. Jonny Tychonick - One of the biggest risers for me is Tychonick. I hadn't been paying attention to him for a long time because he doesn't get much exposure, but he's a really special player. I firmly believe he'll make his way into the NHL as a top 4 D. I'm excited to watch him play in the NCAA since it'll give us a better idea of how he can compete at a higher level. Also, on top of being such a well rounded player, Tychonick might be the most well spoken and intelligent player in the draft. Obviously that doesn't impact his play, but I'd kill to have this guy in the locker room. He's going to make a stellar captain one day.

23. K'Andre Miller - From forward to D, it's surprising how well Miller has adapted after a position switch. It also means he doesn't have the D experience that his peers have so effectively you have a player whose growth looks far more impressive than the guys around him because he was able to do it in such a short amount of time. You also can't go wrong with a guy who is 6'4" and 205lbs. That's just insane. And unlike some of the other big boys in this draft, Miller is very physical so he actually makes full use of his body. He's also got offensive upside so he really plays the full 2-way game.

24. Dominik Bokk - With the puck skills to be a top liner in the NHL, Bokk is a tantalising prospect. He thinks the game at a high level, possesses a great snipe, and handles the puck with soft hands.

25. Filip Hallander - A benefit to Hallander is he's quite young still. He's also got solid skating, and a large variety of shots. He can pretty much shoots from anywhere on the ice in a multitude of different ways. He's not a physical player, but he is good at causing turnovers which gives him an edge defensively. I'd probably project him as a second line forward. A lot of his development is going to hinge on how he performs in the SHL.

26. Alexander Alexeyev - This hulking beast of a Russian is an absolute bull on the ice. With how little he's talked about, he's certainly amongst some of the more underrated defencemen in the draft. He's not going to blow you away offensively nor will he dazzle you with skill. Alexeyev plays a very simple two-way game, but he does it effectively and sometimes that's all you need. For that reason he's a pretty safe bet and doesn't have the risk some of the other highly touted D like Boqvist or Bouchard have. He's also shown that he's been able to overcome adversity which exhibits strong character.

27. Niklas Nordgren - With all of the right offensive tools, there's a lot to like about Nordgren. His production in the Finnish junior level and at the international stage is nothing short of impressive. The issue is he needs to work on his skating. It's not bad, but usually smaller guys need better skating so they can be evasive. That being said, someone like Alex DeBrincat isn't the best skater and yet he's been able to succeed in the NHL so it's still a possibility for Nordgren. If he keeps improving in that area of his development, Nordgren will be a great pick.

28. Serron Noel - Big bodied winger with plenty of room to fill out. He's got scouts salivating because he's not even close to reaching his ceiling. Noel likes to get to the dirty areas around the net. Very much a garbageman style player. He can just park himself in front of the net and effortlessly score goals.

29. Lukas Dostal – Hey look! I actually have a goalie in the top 31! Dostal is by far the best goalie in the draft and I think he rightfully deserves a spot this high. This is certainly a weak goalie draft, but I still see him as a standout player. Goalies are hard to call, but I like Dostal’s odds.

30. Aidan Dudas – Yes, I have Dudas ranked in the first round, and ahead of guys like Hayton, Veleno and Lundestrom. I’ll be honest; I can be pretty biased towards small, skilled players. In fact it’s Dudas’s DeBrincat-like release that has largely won me over. He wasn’t on my radar before the prospect game, but ever since then I’ve been blown away by him. I don’t have any issue with projecting him as a top 6 forward in the NHL. It may take some time, but don’t let his size be a knock against him. If Marchessault and Johnson can thrive, so can Dudas. In fact, Tyler Johnson might be the best comparable. I can totally see Dudas becoming that type of player.

31. Jan Jenik – I've always had Jenik ranked around mid to high second round, but he made his way into the first round for me because of his potential. Jenik is the youngest player in the draft. He almost qualifies for next year's draft and yet he already has experience in the men's league. His room to grow is insane and in my opinion, he's certainly worthy of a first round pick. I'm not sure where he'll land in the draft, but where ever it is, I think we're all going to be wondering why he didn't go higher.

32. Joe Veleno
33. Barrett Hayton
34. Isac Lundestrom
35. Bulat Shafigulin
36. Mattias Samuelsson
37. Kirill Marchenko
38. Slava Demin
39. Jacob Bernard-Docker
40. Nikolai Kovalenko
41. Nils Lundkvist
42. Logan Hutsko (OA)
43. Akil Thomas
44. David Gustafsson
45. Jay O'Brien
46. Jack Drury
47. Jack McBain
48. Albin Eriksson
49. Jakub Lauko
50 Ty Dellandrea
51. Nicolas Beaudin
52. Bode Wilde
53. Amir Miftakhov
54. Calen Adddison
55. Jesse Ylonen
56. Blake McLaughlin
57. Jordan Harris
58. Jared McIsaac
59. Cameron Hillis
60. Scott Perunovich (OA)
61. Alexander Khovanov
62. Matej Pekar

Honourable mentions: Johnny Gruden, Kristian Tanus, Toni Utunen, Adam Ginning, Sean Comrie, Jacob Ragnarsson, Kyle Topping, Nikita Rtishchev
Honourable mentions(OA): Joey Keane, Adam Mascherin, Linus Nyman, Simon Johansson

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I've finally finished writing little blurbs for my top 31. It wasn't a lot of work, but I've just been busy. I also modified the rankings a little bit so now everything is locked in and completely finalised. I'm super pumped for the draft to begin tomorrow!

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
I like the top 30 of this mock draft, only things I would change are swapping Dobson with Kravstov and putting Alexeyev higher than K'andre.

I'm also very surprised you don't have Woo in the top 62... I think McIsaac and Dellandrea are a bit low as well

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Like most lists, agree with some disagree with others.

Good job OP, it's obvious you put some thought into this and weren't afraid to go against the grain on some guys.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I like the top 30 of this mock draft, only things I would change are swapping Dobson with Kravstov and putting Alexeyev higher than K'andre.

I'm also very surprised you don't have Woo in the top 62...
Just to clarify, this is a ranking and not a mock.

I've been really high on Kravtsov almost all season whereas Dobson only started picking up towards the end with his Memorial Cup run. It became too difficult for me to move him up that late in the year. But I totally understand why he's high for many people. It's a pretty fluid draft in terms of where a lot of these guys can rank. As for Miller vs. Alexeyev, I think I just value ceiling over floor. Miller has more potential, but Alexeyev is the safer pick. You can't go wrong with either one. Maybe would've helped Alexeyev's case if he had played more games, but I understand the situation he was in. For me Woo is a perfect 3rd round pick though late 2nd would be fine too. I wouldn't grab him any higher than that. He just doesn't produce at junior level and I totally understand that he's a defensive D so that's not his style, but to warrant a high pick, I would've liked to have seen a season similar to what Joey Keane did. I just don't think it's worth picking a defensive D too high because we've seen it backfire many times and usually you find those guys in the later rounds.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Just to clarify, this is a ranking and not a mock.

I've been really high on Kravtsov almost all season whereas Dobson only started picking up towards the end with his Memorial Cup run. It became too difficult for me to move him up that late in the year. But I totally understand why he's high for many people. It's a pretty fluid draft in terms of where a lot of these guys can rank. As for Miller vs. Alexeyev, I think I just value ceiling over floor. Miller has more potential, but Alexeyev is the safer pick. You can't go wrong with either one. Maybe would've helped Alexeyev's case if he had played more games, but I understand the situation he was in. For me Woo is a perfect 3rd round pick though late 2nd would be fine too. I wouldn't grab him any higher than that. He just doesn't produce at junior level and I totally understand that he's a defensive D so that's not his style, but to warrant a high pick, I would've liked to have seen a season similar to what Joey Keane did. I just don't think it's worth picking a defensive D too high because we've seen it backfire many times and usually you find those guys in the later rounds.

Yeah sorry I meant ranking. And I'm going to be quite honest with you, even before the memorial cup run I had Dobson as the 2nd best all rounder in the draft. Of course Hughes has a higher ceiling and Boqvist has karlsson esque potential, but Dobson to me has always stuck out like Pietrangelo who I think is the most underrated D in the league. Safest pick to be a #1 D-man

I also like how you dropped Bouchard because I honestly don't see the hype that most people see. All his points are based off non-flashy plays and if he does ever make the NHL, it'll solely be because of his offensive IQ and smarts. He lacks speed to be a top end dman. I can just imagine players like mcdavid running through him

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Yeah sorry I meant ranking. And I'm going to be quite honest with you, even before the memorial cup run I had Dobson as the 2nd best all rounder in the draft. Of course Hughes has a higher ceiling and Boqvist has karlsson esque potential, but Dobson to me has always stuck out like Pietrangelo who I think is the most underrated D in the league. Safest pick to be a #1 D-man

I also like how you dropped Bouchard because I honestly don't see the hype that most people see. All his points are based off non-flashy plays and if he does ever make the NHL, it'll solely be because of his offensive IQ and smarts. He lacks speed to be a top end dman. I can just imagine players like mcdavid running through him
I totally respect your opinion on Dobson because I share a similar view. I really like him and as I said it's a pretty fluid draft so you can make a case for a lot of these being ranked in different spots. As for Bouchard, you hit the nail on the head.

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
I dig the love for Martin Kaut, I also think he's uber talented and predict he will be drafted in the low double digits, he's such a heady player, very high hockey IQ and can score on top of it.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I dig the love for Martin Kaut, I also think he's uber talented and predict he will be drafted in the low double digits, he's such a heady player, very high hockey IQ and can score on top of it.
I really can't comprehend why anyone wouldn't be impressed with him. He played a full season in the Czech men's league and had a great regular season + play offs. Then he shined in every single tournament he attended.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
You're gonna have to explain Joe Veleno out of the 1st round, opie. I don't think he makes it past the teens. But not a bad list. Definitely agree on Merkely. Not worth a 2nd rounder even in this draft.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
You're gonna have to explain Joe Veleno out of the 1st round, opie. I don't think he makes it past the teens. But not a bad list. Definitely agree on Merkely. Not worth a 2nd rounder even in this draft.
Joe Veleno just screams bottom 6 center to me. I've gotta see more upside if I'm picking in the first round.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Day 1 of the draft is over! Here are my thoughts on the first round.

1. Buffalo takes Dahlin. Suprise, surprise.
2. Carolina takes Svech. Once again, no suprise.
3. Montreal takes Kotkaniemi. You know they wanted to trade down, but nobody wanted to bite. I like Kotkaniemi, but this a bit too high for me.
4. Ottawa takes Tkachuk. I like Tkachuk, but I also think this is a bit high for him. Ottawa should've went for Wahlstrom or Zadina instead.
5. Arizona takes Hayton. WHAT THE f***. One of the biggest reaches I've ever seen. I didn't even have him ranked in the 1st round. Just another generic OHL centerman that we see every year. Middle six potential in the NHL. Awful pick.
6. Detroit takes Zadina. Lol good for them. Very lucky he dropped.
7. Vancouver takes Hughes. I love Quinn, he's probably my favourite player in the draft. Great pick by Vancouver. He's going to compliment their upcoming core of Pettersson and Boeser.
8. Chicago takes Boqvist. I was convinced they were going after Wahlstrom, but Boqvist is interesting. As I mentioned in my write-up for him, he's boom or bust. My ranking for Boqvist is awful because he's either going to bust due to concussion issues or he's going to be a mega stud and perform like a top 5 pick. Very risky pick for the Hawks, but they look like geniuses if it pans out.
9. Rangers take Kravtsov. I love this pick. I think it's a steal for the Rangers.
10. Edmonton takes Bouchard. I don't care for Bouchard. Don't think this was a good move for the Oilers.
11 & 12. Islanders take Wahlstrom and Dobson. Holy f*** the Islanders made out like bandits. We're going to witness a powerplay of Dobson commanding the blueline and Barzal setting up Wahlstrom for one timers over and over and over again. I am shocked how well the Islanders did here. Incredible.
13. Dallas takes Dellandrea. This was not a good pick imo. I think too many teams have been reaching for centers in a weak center draft. It's going to look really bad a few years out from the draft.
14. Philly takes Farabee. Very good pick. He's going to be a lethal player for them.
15. Florida takes Denisenko. If he can develop his ability to finish, we're looking at Panarin Jr.
16. Colorado takes Kaut. I love Martin Kaut. Colorado got a HUGE STEAL here.
17. New Jersey takes Smith. I'm surprised he fell this much, but probably due to his lack of "sexiness" that I wrote about. He's not an exciting prospect, but he is a solid one. Jersey can rely on him.
18. Columbus takes Foudy. Excellent pick for the Jackets. Glad they didn't let Foudy drop because he's a special player.
19. Philly takes Jay O'Brien. Since they took Farabee earlier, they were able to do something a bit riskier with this pick so they did. O'Brien is a risk worth taking.
20. LA takes Kupari. Just about where I had him ranked so I'm content with this.
21. San Jose takes Merkley. FAIL OF THE DRAFT. San Jose has one of the worst prospect pools in the draft. They suck at drafting. This shows just how bad they really are. Biggest mistake of the draft.
22. Rangers take Miller. I think it was smart for the Rangers to trade up for Miller. He's got a lot of growth potential.
23. Anaheim takes Lundestrom. Don't like this pick much. His upside isn't high enough to be a first rounder. Probably a 3C. Outside chance of being a 2C.
24. Minnesota takes Johansson. This was a big shock. I have him ranked as a third rounder. What a strange pick. Don't have much more to say here. Maybe they mistakenly thought he was Filip Hallander?
25. St. Louis takes Bokk. Solid pick here. About where I have him ranked.
26. Ottawa takes Bernard-Docker. This came as a suprise. I like Bernard-Docker, but I wouldn't have taken him over Tychonick. Still, I like the pick.
27. Chicago takes Beaudin. I had a heart attack when they said their guy was from Drummondville. Thought they were taking Veleno. That would've sucked. I unfortunately haven't seen Beaudin play as much as I would've liked which is why I don't have him ranked too high, but I do like what I've seen from him. I think he can be the next Sam Girard. It's a bit of a reach, but I think it'll pay off for the Hawks. Thanks Nashville!
28. Rangers take Lundkvist. Really would've liked Lundkvist to have played more games this season. That's why I have him ranked where he is. However with a full season in the SHL next year, I think he's got a lot of potential to drive up his stock.
29. Toronto takes Sandin. Well they somehow managed to pull another Liljegren. I can't believe Sandin fell this much. That's a steal that's going to please many Leafs fans.
30. Detroit takes Veleno. Closer to where I have him. I'm really glad someone didn't pull a Merkley on him. This about where he should've gone.
31. Washington takes Alexeyev. They win the cup and still end up with a really solid pick. Good for them. I'm sure Ovie will love to take this young Russian under his wing.

Other notes:
-Really surprised Chicago used their two top picks last year and this year for D. They've now got Jokiharju, Mitchell, Boqvist and Beaudin. Don't snooze on Krys, Carlsson, Hillman and Tuulola either. Forsling has been coming along well too. Chicago is f***ing set when Keith and Seabrook are done. They got to make sure they target a forward in next year's first round.
-Still so much talent left on the board. The big one for me is Berggren. I was convinced Rangers or Hawks would've grabbed him. I really can't believe he's going to be a 2nd round pick. Some have likened him to Aho which is fair, but as I said, he's the next William Karlsson. Wise is another one I'm surprised about. Thought Sharks would've taken him, but they decide to be stupid instead. Other guys I ranked highly like Tychonick and Iskhakov, I wasn't expecting them to go first round anyway so no surprise.

I'll be back tomorrow for more analysis!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad