Kevin Lowe Knows About Winning, if There is Ever a Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
My favorite Kevin Lowe story:

Lowe was going to trade Mike Comrie to the Ducks for Corey Perry and a 1st round pick, but the deal collapsed when Lowe demanded that Comrie also pay the Oilers $2.5 million to close the deal.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/oilers-comrie-must-pay-for-trade-1.399739

If he was willing to do that, fine," Lowe said. "If not, we'd sit and wait until we felt we got the deal we needed.

"Unfortunately, this wasn't meant to be public. But agents have a great ability to get this stuff out.

"The reality is we're more than happy to sit and wait until the best deal is possible. It's not about vindication.

"It's all about getting a deal ... that addresses today and tomorrow."

Instead he got Jeff Woywitka, Rob Schremp and Danny Syvret.

----

Honourable mentions:

1) "things that weren't meant to be public but agents leak things don't apply to Kevin when he's complaining publicly about 32 year old Michael Nylander going back on his word, when he wouldn't sign with the Oilers for a 4 year, $22 million contract.

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/sports/story.html?id=80570138-06de-450e-b94e-cd21462ba3a8

2) months later, refuses to sign Ryan Smyth, the heart and soul of the team who was scoring a point per game, because he didn't think he was worth $5 M/year (i.e., old Michael Nylander money). Trades Smyth for Robert Nilsson, Ryan O'Marra and a 1st round 1 pick in the 2007 draft (Alex Plante)

3) Chris Pronger wants out of town, and rather than demand he pay the Oilers millions, like he tried with Comrie, or at least wait for a big return, he does what is best for the player and trades him away for a ham sandwich (Lupul, Smid, and 2 draft picks (Nick Ross and Jordan Eberle)

4) Nuking the whole "whats best for the player" atmosphere, Lowe and Tambellini literally try to ruin Sheldon Souray's career.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/souray-request/

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Wait, so you're saying Kevin Lowe is and was bad at his current and former jobs?

I've never heard anything like this before. You've opened my eyes to a whole new world.

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
Chop Kevin , carry Lowe (out of town)

10416591.jpg

Yzlamic Preacher*

What is the point of this thread? It's pretty public knowledge that Kevin Lowe is the Mike Milbury. Guy is a buffoon, nothing new here.

Aug 3, 2010
There's already an All-Oiler's thread... and this is nothing new.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
3) Chris Pronger wants out of town, and rather than demand he pay the Oilers millions, like he tried with Comrie, or at least wait for a big return, he does what is best for the player and trades him away for a ham sandwich (Lupul, Smid, and 2 draft picks (Nick Ross and Jordan Eberle)

Lowe is an idiot, but to say that return was a bad return is crazy. Lupul had just scored 40 goals in his rookie and sophomore year as at 19 and 20. Smid was a blue chip defensive prospect. That isn't a "ham sammich" for a guy that was publicly demanding a trade.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Is there a useless thread on the main board or is there only the one in the off topic forum?

Or maybe we have a full subforum of "The Edmonton Oilers disgust me and all fans of the NHL."

We can put all the "Value of "Insert crappy underperforming Oiler here" to _____ team." proposal threads in that subforum too.

Board Gordon

Light Up The World
Jun 13, 2014
If there's something he didn't do that horrible at it was the Pronger trades. I think he did alright on both.

Other than the fluke cup run he's been trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad