Kevin Lankinen Appreciation Thread (Calder Trophy Candidate)!

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I wish Kevin could of gotten at least some support from the D vs Hurricanes... :(
Saved 92 % of the 5 on 5 pucks, still wasn't enough thou...

PS. as good as de Haan sometimes is, he needs to go, ASAP
people give Zadorov lots of shit, but de Haan is worse.
(wish Murphy was back already)

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I wish Kevin could of gotten at least some support from the D vs Hurricanes... :(
Saved 92 % of the 5 on 5 pucks, still wasn't enough thou...

PS. as good as de Haan sometimes is, he needs to go, ASAP
people give Zadorov lots of shit, but de Haan is worse.
(wish Murphy was back already)

The first goal is on Lankinen though. Was a decent shot but good goalies don't get beaten by anything like from that far out. Clean and with no bodies in between.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Didn't that got deflected from D(Zadorov?) leg?

Couldn't tell for sure but I've looked at all the slow motions and the overhead as well and I don't think it hit anything. The giveaway from DeHaan of course lead to the loss of possession but it didn't really lead to a dangerous situation and Lankinen should have made the save there. In my view a bad goal to give up and one he'd like back for sure.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Couldn't tell for sure but I've looked at all the slow motions and the overhead as well and I don't think it hit anything. The giveaway from DeHaan of course lead to the loss of possession but it didn't really lead to a dangerous situation and Lankinen should have made the save there. In my view a bad goal to give up and one he'd like back for sure.

Hurricanes guys said that it did, deflect.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
The first goal is on Lankinen though. Was a decent shot but good goalies don't get beaten by anything like from that far out. Clean and with no bodies in between.
Perhaps some eyeglasses or a larger tv would benefit you.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Kevin Lankinen was awesome when Hawks needed him the most in this 6-5 SOW. - realllllly goooood sign!.

Again....this is gonna be a cliché now but...even thou he allowed 5 goals, 3 were pp goals.

5 on 5 numbers : 23 goals against in 14 starts, 1.64 gaa | 366/389 | .941

8 - 3 - 3 record | 19 team points | only 3 regulation losses

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
If he can control his rebounds a bit better he could be a legit no 1. I’m a bit concerned top teams will take advantage of his weaker rebound control.

Reactions: Pertti

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If he can control his rebounds a bit better he could be a legit no 1. I’m a bit concerned top teams will take advantage of his weaker rebound control.

thought his rebound control looked pretty damn good last night...subban on the other hand...

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Haven't been around here that much, but I like what I'm seeing. From Lankinen to the other way like Kane. Very nice. It's been a bit a feel good story. Hope it continues for you guys. Also why not me, I follow a lot of teams, but maybe Lankinen got me here too.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Good read : NHL-sensaatio Kevin Lankinen sai MM-kullasta itseluottamusbuustin – ehdokas jopa vuoden tulokkaaksi: "Kauden alla oli vahva tunne"

Translation :

When a goalie is reaching for the NHL dream, many things needs to come together.

The playing environment, your game, mind, body and i suppose a bit of luck as well.

Kevin Lankinen's dream has come true. He wasn't a goalie who was ranked very high
before the season, but even so,..he has taken the starting goalie position.

And he just keeps on winning.

- " Before the season, i had a strong feel that it was my time. During the off season lots of
good things happened, improved my physique and my game "

It was like, Hawks was making the room for Lankinen, by trading experienced Crawford and Lehner
"out of the way" for his shot.

And he has not looked back, the opportunity he has been given, he has been impressive.

Lankinen has even risen to a realistic candidate for rookie of the year; Calder Trophy.

- "Those kinds of talks won't effect me. Our focus is 100% on our daily stuff, results come
if they are to come " Lankinen said with a smile on his face.

No one really gave the young Hawks team any chance but, as it is, Hawks are holding a play-offs spot
and one of the biggest reason for it, is Kevin Lankinen.

- " The coaching staff has made an excellent job, everyone here knows what to do and when to do it
and the young players have done their job perfectly. The atmosphere has been such,
that its been easy to do a good job ".

Its not been perfect situation for Lankinen however, due to covid regulations, there have been no fans to play for.

- "Yeah, it would be nice to play for the fans, the United Center after all is pretty legendary place
and the fan culture here in Chicago is amazing "

You could say about Lankinen that he is a, player who "blossomed" at "older" age;
two years in the minors prepared him one way but..the 2019 world championships
was even more (or as) important to his development.

- " It was a huge confidence boost, when i saw that i could win vs the best players in the world.
I was playing my best hockey of my career, in a tough spot, starting goalie for the national team at the worlds,
it taught great deal of handling the pressure, playing under pressure "

One of the greatest experiences for Lankinen of the season, has been the chance to play in the same division
against Columbus Blue Jackets and against his best friend Joonas Korpisalo.

- " Yeah, "Korppari" is one of my best friends, those games been fun " After the season is over,
we probably gonna chat about those games, when we meet up again"

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->