Kevin Lankinen Appreciation Thread (Calder Trophy Candidate)!

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Where did this guy come from? Is he a legit starter?

Finland, played well in the Finnish league and then was dynamite for the National team. The hawks signed him as an FA out of Finland, he has been in Rockford for the past couple years.

Its early but he looks like he can be an everyday starter in the NHL

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I was surprised when I saw what he brought to the table in the world champs. Such a ready goaltender!

Yeah, he was lights out in the WJC. Definitely got my attention. Obviously, not enough sample size. But from that tournament on, I've had high expectations for him. Thought he'd win the job, but he's blown away my expectations.

Reactions: Muffinalt

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Yeah, he was lights out in the WJC. Definitely got my attention. Obviously, not enough sample size. But from that tournament on, I've had high expectations for him. Thought he'd win the job, but he's blown away my expectations.
Goalies in the WJC are a crapshoot. I am talking about all the NHLers he stopped in the big boy champs!

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Goalies in the WJC are a crapshoot. I am talking about all the NHLers he stopped in the big boy champs!

I think virtually all Hawks fans are very, very happy with how Lankinen has fared thus far. Looking like we have a good #1 for the foreseeable future. And right now, good seems like the floor. Best thing about it is that he's been developed internally.

Reactions: mattihp

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Finland, played well in the Finnish league and then was dynamite for the National team. The hawks signed him as an FA out of Finland, he has been in Rockford for the past couple years.

Its early but he looks like he can be an everyday starter in the NHL

He sounds like a big upgrade over Crawford.

Schamaani

Nov 26, 2018

He played his stellar tournament in the IIHF WC, packed with NHL stars like Ovechkin - not WJC with crapshoot rookies. Just sayin :)

Reactions: mattihp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->