Kevin Lankinen Appreciation Thread (Calder Trophy Candidate)!

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
He was shaky for sure but he battled after giving up a two goal lead in a short period and got the win...maybe he needs a game off but it couldve been an off night for him

I agree. He could use a night off. He is still a rookie and some time with Jimmy to mentally and physically rest would be good for him.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Carolina fan coming to praise your goalie. By the way, I thought he looked as good last night as Tuesday. In the third he made several impressive saves when it looked like the Canes clearly had the momentum.

If Lankinen keeps it up, your team is not too far away from being competitive every night. I didn't mind the loss that much as your team played hard both games and has some rising talent in Suter, Kubalik, and Kurashev.

PS The Hawks have a battler in de Haan.

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
He was a little bit shakier compared to his last few outings but he was very strong in the third when Carolina was pushing. Didn't think his rebound control was that bad. A couple of times and certainly on one goal, it seemed like the Carolina players were shooting for the rebound.

Reactions: ray c

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He was a little bit shakier compared to his last few outings but he was very strong in the third when Carolina was pushing. Didn't think his rebound control was that bad. A couple of times and certainly on one goal, it seemed like the Carolina players were shooting for the rebound.
Actually, it was Lankinen's tendency to go down early that was more concerning for me. NHL shooters will catch on to that quickly.

Sanf

Sep 8, 2012
He got the win but Lankinen was shaky last night. Plenty of rebounds and he was down early quite a bit. As I said earlier, might be fatigue. I don't know his background, is he a workhorse type or is this stretch more than he is used to?

In adults he has had only one season as clear starting goalie. And even then mentored/backed up by veteran Niklas Bäckström in Finnish league. I haven´t seen that problem in his game so maybe his technique got bit shaken by the new situation and so many games in short period. At this point if I would be a man in charge I would rotate goalies more.

As a complete outsider I would like to say I think Chicago has done great job with Lankinen. There wasn´t that much hype and interest around him when Chicago signed him. He had already been in Islanders prospect camp in 2015 and they sort of missed him. Lankinen showed in 2019 WHC that he has potential and he is in steady progres. But throwin him in Chicago goal last season would have been too early. Blackhawks did not sign any veteran in long term and neither they were desperate getting one this season. Again as outsider looking they have done pretty good job.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
So after 6 quality starts is the primary takeaway that the low GAA and chance to win falls primarily on Lankinen or is he getting a little help from the D? Could one quantify his performance and overall result on something like Lankinen 80% rest of team 20%?
I have to think the team D has something t do with it. I'm sure Crow and Lehner are thinking, where was this D when we were in net?

Reactions: Pertti

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
I have to think the team D has something t do with it. I'm sure Crow and Lehner are thinking, where was this D when we were in net?
I stated this in the past ....rather spend money on the dmen and have a great top four then spend whole bunch of money like 10 million on a goalie that has a so so defence

Reactions: coolhand

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
His 5 on 5 numbers after 9 starts.

14 goals against (239/253)
1.55 gaa

1 regulation loss
+ 13 team points (almost 1.5 points per game)
Money_icon-04-256.png

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Out of the 8 total Calder winners in franchise history, 3 of them have been goalies.

Headed to FanDuel to drop $100 on that +750 line.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
5 on 5 numbers.

10 starts (only 2 regulation losses)

17 goals against (274/291)
1.70 gaa

- even after tonight's outing, awesome numbers and awesome season by Lankinen so far

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->