Kevin Lankinen Appreciation Thread (Calder Trophy Candidate)!

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Let's get this going and hope he becomes a top 15 netminder by next year. He is 1-1 with a 3.00 GAA.

Hope you have a great & stellar Hawks career Lankinen!!!

517.png

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Kev certainly turned some heads with that Finland WJ's win (mine included! ) and though that doesn't necessarily mean anything it does show his compete and composure under fire.
Time will tell but for now give'm the reigns!

He was amazing... That whole team was amazing. Just absolutely relentless. Huge party in finland during the cup and after the win too.

I thought Lankinen was the absolute best in the last two games, so come crunch time i got no fears with him at all.

Reactions: Hasa92

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Kudos to @CourtneyDagger50 who liked Lankinen over the other two from the start. I saw Lank's performance in the WC and was a fan then. Hawks brass made me skeptical on him because he was getting passed by the other goalies and I wasn't understanding it. But he has certainly taken the ball and ran with it so far.

The league is still getting a book on him so he won't always have nights like the Detroit one (will be bumps in the road) but I do believe he was starter upside (definitely will be a quality NHL backup at worst).

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Kev certainly turned some heads with that Finland WJ's win (mine included! ) and though that doesn't necessarily mean anything it does show his compete and composure under fire.
Time will tell but for now give'm the reigns!
It wasn't juniors. He was playing against many NHLers including guys like Mark Stone on team Canada. And Dylan Strome lol.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Was just about to make one :)

25 year old "rookie" :) - played his first pro game in the 13-14 season, for Jokerit.
200+ pro games under his belt already and is a world champion.

His WC gold performance came out of no where
was by far the best goalie at the last worlds.

Had an awesome final season in the Sm-Liiga
and a good one season before that, so obviously
it wasn't a miracle thing, but no one expected that to happen
what he did at the worlds.

His first 2 seasons for IceHogs wasn't bad, not great numbers but
he still played well,...well enough, also the adjustment for the smaller ice
faster pace and all, even thou it was the AHL, but nevertheless,
important stuff, for his NHL career for sure.

I have been trying to sell Lankinen to you all since the last worlds with zero impact :)
Time will tell but...maybe i was right after all, ha! :)

feichter33

Mar 25, 2013
Lanks is looking good. Glad anyone is really. We will have to revisit this after a few wks and NHL video scouts get some time looking at him. He looks like an NHL level goalie...but that is just the start bc last yr we got our teeth kicked in with two top 10 goalies. How far he can go is anyones guess but its a pretty good start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->