Kevin Hayes

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I remember that I wanted Duchene and I saw Hayes more as a consolation prize.

Fast forward one year and Hayes has been the better player.
I wanted no parts of Duchene at his contract. Last year was an outlier for him on a horrible team. He's been a big disappointment for Nashville. Hayes on the other hand has actually gotten better since coming to the Flyers. Perfect fit in AV's system and with this group of players.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I wanted no parts of Duchene at his contract. Last year was an outlier for him on a horrible team. He's been a big disappointment for Nashville. Hayes on the other hand has actually gotten better since coming to the Flyers. Perfect fit in AV's system and with this group of players.
I've always liked Duchene. I thought he was the dynamic, speedy forward this team needed. But now I can't see how this team would be better with him instead of Hayes. Hayes is the perfect fit.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hayes had a great 2nd half and has carried it over so far. Needless to say, we are not where we are without Hayes.

The Preds gave Duchene $8 million to be their 1C and as of now he is their 2RW and Turris is STILL their 2C..thats how poorly he played at Center.

BlackandOrange

Jul 12, 2018
Breadalbane, PE
If Hayes can average 55 pts for the duration of his contract, I'll be happy. Year 1 has been good, but we still have to get through the rest of it. Keep in mind Scott Gomez's first year of his contract with the Rangers was a win before things soured. And because someone will mention it, Hayes is ~2 years younger when signing the big contract.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I initially hated the signing for the money, but the dude has single handedly changed the culture of the team.
Truth be told, it's still an extremely big contract with potential ramifications over the back end of the deal. He is worth every penny right now and this team wouldn't be where they are right now without him. Not only would they have a major hole at 2c, but the leadership and locker room fit has been huge for this team.

Reactions: BlackandOrange

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
It has been said many times, but the acquisition of a second line centre was necessary knowing the NP was going through the migraine disorder (which the public didn't know when Hayes was acquired and then signed). I'm not sure the Flyers could have done better to help the 2019/20 Flyers, even if it may affect future iterations.

He definitely has fit in with the group and has been worth his cap hit in year one. There are long term questions about the deal, which has always been my issue with the 7 year deal. If NP doesn't come back, then it very well may be a worthwhile endeavour for the entirety of the contract.

If NP and Frost pan out, then Hayes will become an overpriced winger, which is not ideal. At this point we can only wait and see.

Short term plus, but long term question mark.

Reactions: kudymen

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
still think we were better served spending that money plus our two best prospects on a bottom pair rhd.

Hayes is a decent enough consolation prize though, i guess.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
still think we were better served spending that money plus our two best prospects on a bottom pair rhd.

Hayes is a decent enough consolation prize though, i guess.

PowerfulShadyCygnet-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Starat327
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->