Kevin Hayes vs JT Miller

Kevin Hayes vs JT Miller

• Kevin Hayes

• JT Miller

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
I mean, Hayes offensive ceiling is basically Miller's floor, and on top of that Miller can also play center and is better at faceoffs.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
JT Miller. The guy does it all: produces, plays a physical two way game, takes faceoffs, kills penalties and plays on the first PP. He’s provided real leadership to the Canucks and has been their most consistent forward night in and night out no matter what line he plays on.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I wanted to make sure I wasn’t crazy, I thought it was Miller but a large contingent of HFNYR seems to think otherwise. Maybe cuz NYR are thin at C...

But yeah the boost Miller gives most teams’ top6 is definitely more valuable than the value Hayes provides by upgrading him as your #2 or 3 center, imo.

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
All I'll say is JT Miller has been our best player this season, not watched any of Philly outside of the games vs us, so I've no idea how Hayes is doing

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I absolutely would've said Hayes prior to this season. But Miller is proving to be that oxymoron "elite supporting player" this year, which he also showed signs of in Tampa.

If i was desperate for somebody to Center a 2nd line...i'd rather bank on Hayes still. But Miller is showing that his ceiling can raise substantially with quality of minutes and linemates. I'm not sure that's the case for Hayes...who feels more like the opposite, where he's got more value as a guy who can raise the level of lesser linemates, but has less "ceiling" value with top flight linemates.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
depends how legit miller is this year, but i probably take him regardless

edit: miller has fallen back to earth offensively but still playing well defensively similar to what he did in tampa bay last year. close but miller probably for me.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
I still say Hayes. I'm not sold that this version of JT Miller is here to stay

both of them disappear come playoff time though.

They have a whopping 7 goals in 101 combined playoff games.

Reactions: JohnnyBerts

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I still say Hayes. I'm not sold that this version of JT Miller is here to stay

both of them disappear come playoff time though.

They have a whopping 7 goals in 101 combined playoff games.

That's what I would have said too. Miller looks like he's playing out of this world right now. So right now Miller but I can't say with any confidence that this version of Miller is here to stay for seasons to come.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Miller has been our best forward this season so I can’t not vote for him. He’s an amazing fit with Pettersson.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I've always thought Miller was underrated, and had the potential to play better than he did with the Rangers. Instead of coaching him into being a better player, AV requested that he be traded at the trade deadline at the last minute, and the Rangers got fleeced by getting Namestnikov instead who isn't close to as good as Miller.

Hayes isn't bad, but Miller's a lot better.

Reactions: Grantham

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad