Proposal: Kevin Hayes to Calgary

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
FYI GMs hate arbitration.
Anyone picking Kulak on waivers essentially had two days to figure out a contract or go to court.

Now he’s a cheap 6D

If he is on waiver again, somebody may take a chance but his trade value is still minimal. It wasnt like he was asking a lot in arbitration.

Most teams have someone like Kulak waiting to break into the NHL

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
In what world does Sam Bennett bring more to the table than Kevin Hayes lol

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Hayes is better offensively, defensively, better goal scorer, 6’6, can actually play C, etc etc. Bennett certainly does not bring more to the table than Hayes

Hayes is also pretty much a finished product. I’m don’t think he’s any better than Sam defensively and Bennett definitely is not done developing. I think Sam will pass Hayes offensively and Bennett doesn’t shy from contact like Hayes does who plays like a marshmallow.

Hayes is a fine B level player, and I don’t expect Bennett to be in another tier over him but I much prefer what Sam brings to the table over Hayes.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
It's not an assessment? It's concrete? It's the furthest thing from concrete, you need to get over yourself if you think anything is concrete.

So has he not scored 52 points over the 2 previous seasons after scoring 36 as a rookie?

I never said you said anything. I was giving you an assessment as to why Bennett is unlikely to be traded.

No, you just mentioned names like Nail Yakupov and Gilbert Brule for no specific reason.

Again, I never said you said anything. You need to stop worrying about what you think I am claiming you said and actually read what I said. I simply used examples of players that brought nothing without producing and someone who brought something without producing.

So why mention them if you're not claiming that I'm saying Bennett is any of that? It holds zero relevance to the actual discussion.

I also never claimed Bennett was as good as Courturier defensively, I actually never compared them as players at all. I compared situations and even stated and I quote:

take note of the bolded.

No, you claimed it was a Couturier situation, which it's not, because Couturier was a very good to an elite defender for a long time.

Again, I never claimed you said anything and never said it mirrors anything, said it was similar and why it was similar. I gave MY ASSESSMENT of the Bennett situation as someone that follows the Flames very closely, not an outsider reading stats sheets and catching the occasional game.

Again, why even mention names like Yakupov and Brule and then go even further to mention that he isn't a bad defensive player or a soft one-dimensional player if I never said any of that? Obviously, you had this game plan of attacking me personally and then painting me out as labeling him as a one-dimensional soft player when I never said or implied any of that and now that's backfiring on you, so you're now claiming that you never had that intention in mind.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Cool, another bash Bennett thread. Only the 17th one created in the past 15 months.

Teams don't want Kulak, he has no value and I agree with posters who say Bennett doesn't have the value some Flames fans think, however continually bashing him when people have watched maybe 20 minutes of his entire career should shut the f*** up about him because they clearly no nothing about him. Flames could have Hayes in a year when he is UFA, but also don't have the space anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad