Player Discussion Kevin Hayes

Status
Not open for further replies.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I think it’s generous to think Smith is viewed as the team’s second pairing RD this season based on everything from last year. It’s great to hear that he’s been working out, but he still needs to come back and be better on the ice.

I think it's less generous than giving ADA a spot. I'd be really, really surprised if Smith doesn't stick again this season.

I'm not against ADA succeeding, FWIW, but I don't think he showed a whole lot last year. At least not to me.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It`s fine for me and easy to move this type of contract until end of next season unless he suddenly hit 60 pts. with a huge personal improvement which is unlikely.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
This thread has gotten too popular for me to follow but, man, the fact there are so many here willing to say " we don't need Kevin Hayes, just look at Chytil, Andersson and Howden - we're all good at center!" is a bit terrifying to me. 16 NHL games between them.

Reactions: belford222

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Skjei, Shattenkirk, Staal and Pionk all have spots locked up. I'm certainly no fan of Smith, but I don't see the logic in burying his career with the Rangers. He should come next. So thats five. Then its down to DeAngelo and Gilmour. Both have some potential, but also have problems in their games. The way I see it, Gilmour has shown me more. I don't think he's any better than a 6D, but I don't even know that DeAngelo is that. He's sucked so far in his Rangers career.

Skjei-Shattenkirk
Staal-Pionk
Gilmour-Smith
DeAngelo

Really don't see it with Gilmour, and I still don't understand your logic. They're rebuilding, so wouldn't you want them to give an opportunity to develop a talented RD? I like Gilmour, but I'd say he's probably slotted lowly on their organizational depth chart. I guess we'll wait and see, but I'd bet money that they'd give ADA the chance over Gilmour.

Reactions: belford222

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I guess we'll wait and see, but I'd bet money that they'd give ADA the chance over Gilmour.

I think you are right, but I think thats more to do with Gorton not wanting to appear as if he's written DeAngelo off. He was a key part of the Stepan trade. Neither are good, as far as I'm concerned. I've seen enough. Really don't need to see anymore of either. I don't think either lasts long with the team beyond a 7th D role eventually.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I think you are right, but I think thats more to do with Gorton not wanting to appear as if he's written DeAngelo off. He was a key part of the Stepan trade. Neither are good, as far as I'm concerned. I've seen enough. Really don't need to see anymore of either. I don't think either lasts long with the team beyond a 7th D role eventually.
I think his handling last year would suggest otherwise, but let's just agree to disagree for now. We can re-visit this topic later once we see how the team looks under Quinn and if any of the kids keep developing. I've seen enough in ADA's performance and underlying numbers that suggests he'll improve and do well in an offensive dman role.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
What you shouldn't do is lock in long term with the guy because you're afraid to lose him. Having him on an expiring deal that you can eat half of at this price makes him a target for virtually every team in the league at the deadline. IMO, that's a better scenario than having none of the contenders be able to afford him and none of the ones who can be in a position where adding him helps. Hopefully, this creates a bidding war for his services and the end result is a greater return overall.

Bump. With all of this talk about Kevin lately......i suppose this is where it would best be. Thought this to be a reall good post, even though I am more on the side of keeping him but even that depends on if we clean hojse with the likes of Zucch, Spooner, Shatty and even Names. Cant move everyone? Can we?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I think his handling last year would suggest otherwise, but let's just agree to disagree for now. We can re-visit this topic later once we see how the team looks under Quinn and if any of the kids keep developing. I've seen enough in ADA's performance and underlying numbers that suggests he'll improve and do well in an offensive dman role.
Time to re-visit.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

Hey Pavel......maybe too soon for some crow, but looking like ADA has something in store for Thanksgiving. Its all good, bro.

Reactions: Buchnevich89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->