Player Discussion Kevin Hayes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
I believe this will bring him to UFA next summer. I don't think this is the final nail in the coffin of his Rangers tenure, but it also speaks to management's opinion on him, with their reluctance to give him a long term deal. Probably a better chance than not that he's traded by the deadline.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Hayes wanted a big contract, probably with a NTC of some sort. Gorton didn’t. That’s why we have a 1 year/5m contract.

Peace out, Purple Haze.

giphy.gif

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Gone at the deadline. Shame.

Really puzzled by this honestly. Would the arbiter have awarded more? I really don't think so.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
We got him for free, hopefully we don't let him leave that way.

Gorton isn’t Sather.

Sather wouldn’t have moved McD, Miller, Nash and Grabner at the deadline. Gorton understands how to manage his assets.

Hayes should get us a nice package back. His ass better stay healthy, and produce this year, or it’s going to cost him next July.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
He likely would have gotten less had he actually gone to arbitration, which is interesting.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Gorton isn’t Sather.

Sather wouldn’t have moved McD, Miller, Nash and Grabner at the deadline. Gorton understands how to manage his assets.

Hayes should get us a nice package back. His ass better stay healthy, and produce this year, or it’s going to cost him next July.

They better not let him go cheaply is my broader point. He'll be 26 at the deadline.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Disappointed but it does appear this was more driven by the player rather than the front office. They normally payup and usually more than fair deals. It looks like Hayes would rather choose his next destination.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
What you shouldn't do is lock in long term with the guy because you're afraid to lose him. Having him on an expiring deal that you can eat half of at this price makes him a target for virtually every team in the league at the deadline. IMO, that's a better scenario than having none of the contenders be able to afford him and none of the ones who can be in a position where adding him helps. Hopefully, this creates a bidding war for his services and the end result is a greater return overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad