Value of: Kevin Hayes - Jets

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Given I have watched Hayes grow as a player over the past 4 season, and considering his impressive play thus far, he could have that sort of impact on your team and its depth.
No, he could not. That's not a slight to Hayes, though: it is in the nature of the game that only the absolute superstars can have really noticeable impact.

For reference: the William Nylander we knew before his rather unfortunate start to this year boosted Toronto's Cup chances by less than 3%.

Reactions: Husqvarna

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I'd love to hear Jets fans perspective on the following prospects. Do you view them as keepers? Guys who will slot in the next year or two?

Poolman
Appleton
Stanley
Green
Spacek
Lemieux

Out of those, who are tradeable. I'm going to guess that Samberg, Niku, Roslovic are non-starters. But out of the players above, in conjunction with picks (conditional or not) what would be Chevy's budget this trade deadline?

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I'd love to hear Jets fans perspective on the following prospects. Do you view them as keepers? Guys who will slot in the next year or two?

Poolman
Appleton
Stanley
Green
Spacek
Lemieux

Out of those, who are tradeable. I'm going to guess that Samberg, Niku, Roslovic are non-starters. But out of the players above, in conjunction with picks (conditional or not) what would be Chevy's budget this trade deadline?

Outsider, but I'd say all should be for an upgrade.

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary

Poolman
Appleton
Stanley
Green
Spacek
Lemieux

I would potentially trade any one of of those guys for a rental. You've already excluded the guys who I would keep (Niku, Roslovic, and Vesalainen).

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I don't see the Jets being interested in Hayes for the price.

I could see them more interested in someone cheaper for a playoff run, like Fast, McQuaid, or Namestnikov

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Sami Niku 7th rounder

Appleton 6th rounder and both untouchable I hope we get a few of those!

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Who is on the table then? Are Roslovic and Niku untouchable?
neither are untouchable, just wouldn't put them on a table for a rental player. Niku (on ELC) will be a contributing 2nd-3rd pairing Dman next year (he is right now with Chiarot out and should be full time imo) Shows promise as a PMD with strong offensive instincts. While the defensive game is not 100% there yet, he is only 22 and has a whopping under 11 NHL games under his belt so plenty of time and room for growth in his all-around game. LHD after Morrissey is quite thin on talent and Niku is probably the most talented out of all the LHD in the pros and minors on the Jets.

I am not as high on Roslovic as other Jet fans but again, wouldn't put him on the table for a rental, due to the need for contributing players on ELC.

i dont think the Jets should play the high priced TDL game this year. not a believer in moving 1sts in consecutive years or moving high ranked prospects from the org's POV. While Ranger fans might think iterations of a '19 1st/Niku/Roslovic/Samberg/Vesalainen etc. is fair value i don't think most Jets fans will want to meet that this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Husqvarna

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
That price isn't terribly off for a deadline rental.

However, that is exactly why you should not ****ing go for them at all.

I find it funny how people were enamoured with Stastny last year. There was the #2C we need... and we casually gave up a pick that could realistically have gotten us Veleno. Now Stastny is a Jet no more, the 'hole' at 2C is still open, and people actually wonder what we could do to it with our barren pipeline down the middle.
I find it funny people would rather stock prospects for ever than try to win a Stanley cup

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
I find it funny people would rather stock prospects for ever than try to win a Stanley cup

Most people on these boards are trying to build some generational dynasty. Reality is that those are just not going to be common in the cap world.

Teams need to get a good team together and then go for it.

Hopefully the Rangers brass understand this and after restocking the cupboard for 3 seasons or so, go for it. Letting all these other teams miss their windows waiting for perfection.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Sami Niku 7th rounder

Appleton 6th rounder and both untouchable I hope we get a few of those!
I'm embarrassed for you with this post, yikes. Does the fact that Niku was drafted low diminish his accomplishments? He was AHL Dman of the year at age 21 for Christ sake. I don't understand why ignornant people are always so quick to display their foolishness

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
It is not possible to build a team dominant enough to confidently peg it as a Cup winner in any given year. This year, we are not even close to a true contender as it is, and one Kevin Hayes does nothing but merely mask the underlying issues we have - at best.

Trying to sustain a playoff streak for a decade, during which you'll have a good chance of winning every year, is far better than going all in for a couple of years.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Stay on topic guys.....if you can’t you will be removed from the thread or receive a warning. If you don’t like the thread don’t open it.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I think WPG is the best fit for Hayes, but there wont be a ton of crazy bidding on him. With all their prospects I bet they get him for one of them and a 2nd or maybe just a 1st rounder if another team goes in big on him.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Hayes would be a nice fit, but he would command more than I'd want to give up. Jets would very much regret giving up another 1st.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
It is not possible to build a team dominant enough to confidently peg it as a Cup winner in any given year. This year, we are not even close to a true contender as it is, and one Kevin Hayes does nothing but merely mask the underlying issues we have - at best.

Trying to sustain a playoff streak for a decade, during which you'll have a good chance of winning every year, is far better than going all in for a couple of years.
You might have a good point if the Jets weren't the #2 team in the league over the past 125 games in both points and point%. That plus the fact that the empending cap crunch means we will lose at least 2 roster players next year.

This means the time to make a push is now, we will not have a better chance for foreseeable future. To not add players when you have you best cup shot in decades because you value middling prospects that might maybe be roster players 5 years from now is a prime example of the losers mentality that plagues a lot of Winnipeg fans.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad