Value of: Kevin Hayes - Jets

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
If Lias Andersson is played is a 4th line role next year and doesn't score well, you'd agree that he'd have a similar value as a rental Hayes then? Roslovic had been a more successful prospect than Andersson at age 20.
Dude points aren't everything you watch the guys and you can see their talent. Roslovic has barely done anything with the ice time he's being given against other teams 4th lines. The Rangers are re-building thats a whole different story. The Jets window is right now. They're a way better team with Hayes than Roslovic. You aren't losing anything but have a lot to gain. Unless Roslovic has some miraculous progression he likely tops out as a middle 6 forward.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Yeah for a player like Hayes I would pony him up. You realize Roslovic is just an average prospect right? He's nothing close to special. If he reaches his potential your hoping for a third line scoring centre maybe a low end 2c.
An average prospect isn’t a 2B ceiling. Think of how many prospects there are and how many don’t make it. Your “average” prospect probably has a ceiling of a 3B+\-.

A 2B is a highend B or a low A prospect.

Roslovic, albeit good pedigree, is a low end starting prospect probably with a 3A ceiling. He may slot in as a 2C, given special circumstances, but he most likely ends up a B6 C.

—————————————

In the realm of NHL prospects everyone talks about, idk about Roslovic. Depends which team he’s on to have a certain role.

Still... if I had to give a scouting report- most likely a B6 forward- specifically 3C.

That’s nothing really to gawk at either.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Roslovic would be great but I doubt peg trades him.

Who else besides Appleton would be on the table with a 1st or 2nd? Niku?

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Probably in the minority here but I have no interest in trading Hayes to WPG if the centerpiece coming back is their first. A late first has probably a 10% chance of becoming what Kevin Hayes is now. Would rather trade him for a B+ level prospect who's knocking on the door. If the Rangers keep accruing these late firsts the rebuild is gonna go on until 2030 . We're going to have a top 10 pick this year which is more than enough considering we've had 4 1st round picks the last 2 years. Trade him for good prospects or package him in a bigger deal

Reactions: bernmeister

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Probably in the minority here but I have no interest in trading Hayes to WPG if the centerpiece coming back is their first. A late first has probably a 10% chance of becoming what Kevin Hayes is now. Would rather trade him for a B+ level prospect who's knocking on the door. If the Rangers keep accruing these late firsts the rebuild is gonna go on until 2030 . We're going to have a top 10 pick this year which is more than enough considering we've had 4 1st round picks the last 2 years. Trade him for good prospects or package him in a bigger deal

Nonsense. Any first rounder probably has 35 to 50% chance of being a better player than Hayes with Clark drafting. Clark hasn't had many first rounders. So, I trust him to pick better players than Hayes. Hayes is good. 45-50 points and 50% on draws. They can replace him.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Nonsense. Any first rounder probably has 35 to 50% chance of being a better player than Hayes with Clark drafting. Clark hasn't had many first rounders. So, I trust him to pick better players than Hayes. Hayes is good. 45-50 points and 50% on draws. They can replace him.

You're wrong, so you might wanna check your stats on what percentage of picks 15-30 actually become 50 point players

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Contenders (who are almost always right against the cap) typically don't trade prospects who are on the verge of making the team because they need that cheap depth to fill out the roster.

Trading picks for a rental is sacrificing the future for right now but trading prospects who are almost ready is sacrificing the very near future and cutting the window short unnecessarily.

So no, the Rangers aren't getting guys like Roslovic or Niku for a rental. Just be glad they're getting late firsts and aren't losing UFAs for nothing, or worse, giving them huge contracts that'll be anchors by the time the team is competitive again. Be realistic.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Just because you haven't watched Roslovic play doesn't mean Jets fans haven't watched him play this year

I have center ice and although I will agree with you that points don't tell the entire story with Roslovic, you're either living up to your screen name or you're overstating the definition of "contributing."

Sorry, but as much as I like Roslovic, you're making him out to be more than he has been this year and I don't think that assessment is unreasonable at all.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So rangers are gonna want a late 1st and a prospect so jets fans throw out some prospect names ?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'd imagine that the Rangers would try to maximize Hayes' value by dealing him to a team that has a realistic chance at signing him to a long-term extension after January 1st. I can't see that being Winnipeg with Little recently signing that 6yr deal and them still needing to re-up Laine, Connor, and Trouba (maybe) once this season ends. I'd imagine the only realistic return for a rental Hayes would be someone like Samberg, Appleton, or Poolman + a 1st. Guys like Vesalainen, Niku, and Roslovic aren't happening.

I still think the ideal fit for Hayes is a team like Colorado or Vegas.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Prospects to trade(likely):

- Lemieux
- Petan
- Spacek
- Stanley
- Seuss
- MAYBE Appleton, but likely not.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I'd hate for the Jets to trade for Hayes. If he was any good the NYR would be a heck a lot better than they are right now.
Little is playing stronger than Hayes why would we downgrade and give a 1st while doing that?
Especially since this upcoming draft is supposed to be one of the strongest in history.
Washington did not have to give up any firsts on their run.

Reactions: Hobby Bull

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I'd hate for the Jets to trade for Hayes. If he was any good the NYR would be a heck a lot better than they are right now.

Incredibly foolish post.

NY would be a heck of a lot better if Hayes was good...?

The Rangers D is absolute ****. They have stop gaps on wing like Spooner and Namestnikov until their prospects are ready for a bigger role.

NY is a rebuilding team. They have holes up and down their roster. Kevin Hayes is not holding them back in any sense. The fact that you assume that is mind boggling. You clearly don’t watch Rangers games, nor do you know much about Kevin Hayes.

This post is just as silly as the guy who suggested WPG has bad offensive depth.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Not really interested in sacrificing another 1st rounder for a rental this year. Nothing against Hayes as a player, but the Jets can’t afford to keep him and I honestly don’t see him being a clear upgrade in the top 6.

Yeh I would be very hesitant to give up a 1st rd pick or any of our top three prospects bc we need those ELC badly......if the cost included a 1st or any of our top three prospects I would likely pass on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad