Value of: Kevin Hayes - Jets

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Couple rumours out there about Hayes to the Jets as this year's UFA rental for the playoffs at the TDL. What's his value, Rangers needs and what is a realistic return from the Jets at the TDL.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
I'd have interest in Hayes, how is he at cycling the puck?

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Hayes like Zucc is bringing back a first. A first and Appleton would be fine. Not a second. One must wonder why Appleton with his AHL production is not on the roster that is lacking depth with forwards.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Couple rumours out there about Hayes to the Jets as this year's UFA rental for the playoffs at the TDL. What's his value, Rangers needs and what is a realistic return from the Jets at the TDL.
I think Hayes is moved after the new year with an extension.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Hayes is great at controlling the puck and slowing down play, he's a pass first-second-and third player. I'd like a 1st + B prospect, or someone like Roslovic straight up

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Hayes like Zucc is bringing back a first. A first and Appleton would be fine. Not a second. One must wonder why Appleton with his AHL production is not on the roster that is lacking depth with forwards.

Whaaaaat? You realize we’re talking about the Jets here right? The Jets arguably have the deepest team in the nhl for forwards.....very possibly the deepest team regarding wingers.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Hayes is great at controlling the puck and slowing down play, he's a pass first-second-and third player. I'd like a 1st + B prospect, or someone like Roslovic straight up

You're never getting a player like Roslovic for a rental.

No team looking to contend is going to trade away a young player of that calibre who is already contributing at the NHL level.

One of that calibre that is still in Junior/College, sure. One of that calibre that is performing well in the AHL, perhaps. But one of that calibre that is locked into the NHL line up, forget it.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
You're never getting a player like Roslovic for a rental.

No team looking to contend is going to trade away a young player of that calibre who is already contributing at the NHL level.

One of that calibre that is still in Junior/College, sure. One of that calibre that is performing well in the AHL, perhaps. But one of that calibre that is locked into the NHL line up, forget it.

Hey I understand you're high on the kid, but 7:20 minutes a night, with 1 point on the year, and struggling to stay in the lineup, doesnt really say "contributing at the NHL level" to me. Winnipeg is a contending team this year, and Hayes would be an actual contributor on a cup contending team, not to mention he could very well resign with you. I don't think its an unreasonable offer, but like I said, a 1st+ would be appealing as well.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
1st and a good prospect. Adjust accordingly if you need retention or to dump a contract.

That being said, I could see teams being interested in Hayes with an extension early in the new year.

Reactions: NewYorkNick

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Hey I understand you're high on the kid, but 7:20 minutes a night, with 1 point on the year, and struggling to stay in the lineup, doesnt really say "contributing at the NHL level" to me. Winnipeg is a contending team this year, and Hayes would be an actual contributor on a cup contending team, not to mention he could very well resign with you. I don't think its an unreasonable offer, but like I said, a 1st+ would be appealing as well.
Just because you haven't watched Roslovic play doesn't mean Jets fans haven't watched him play this year

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
I think Hayes is moved after the new year with an extension.
Hes a Ufa. Why would he sign now when he can let teams enter a bidding war and drive up his contract? I don't know why but people act like players care enough about the teams they're leaving to do them a favour like sign a contract with a team they've never even played for just so their previous team can get assets. How many players have actually signed an extension then get traded? Turris is the closest but he signed his extension a couple days after being traded.

Reactions: QJL

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Just because you're a Jets fan doesn't mean you know everything about the Jets and everyone else has no clue. Plus based on your posts, it seems like you think every young player on the Jets is the 2nd coming of Jesus.
Sorry if your ignorance offends you. Roslovic lead his NCAA team in scoring his draft+1 year. He lead his AHL team in scoring his draft+2 year. When he was called up last year he was leading the AHL in scoring.

Does that sound like a player available for a rental because they haven't scored playing a 4th line role?

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Sorry if your ignorance offends you. Roslovic lead his NCAA team in scoring his draft+1 year. He lead his AHL team in scoring his draft+2 year. When he was called up last year he was leading the AHL in scoring.

Does that sound like a player available for a rental because they haven't scored playing a 4th line role?

Yeah for a player like Hayes I would pony him up. You realize Roslovic is just an average prospect right? He's nothing close to special. If he reaches his potential your hoping for a third line scoring centre maybe a low end 2c.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Yeah for a player like Hayes I would pony him up. You realize Roslovic is just an average prospect right? He's nothing close to special. If he reaches his potential your hoping for a third line scoring centre maybe a low end 2c.
If Lias Andersson is played is a 4th line role next year and doesn't score well, you'd agree that he'd have a similar value as a rental Hayes then? Roslovic had been a more successful prospect than Andersson at age 20.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
If Lias Andersson is played is a 4th line role next year and doesn't score well, you'd agree that he'd have a similar value as a rental Hayes then? Roslovic had been a more successful prospect than Andersson at age 20.

Im failing to see what Andersson has to do with the Jets trying to make a push for the cup. But that's fine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->