Kevin Hayes - curse or blessing

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I agree with the idiot who started the other thread, and who has been wrong an amazing 100% of the time except for this:

We would not be where we are without Kevin Hayes.

Game. Blouses.

5e14d80c845dc6ca3a87b30ac2205fdf.gif

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Yeah, Hayes has been trash most of this season. Pretty damning that it's the second year of his 7 year deal and his play has already taken a nose dive.

Hopefully next season with a new coach he can get back to where he was last year, when he was genuinely good for this team.

Reactions: Larry44

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I might be one of the few here when I say I don’t mind Hayes on this team. He has turn around our pk, and has made short handed goal chances a thing again.
Hes one of the few players that seem to be able to skate into the zone on a pp without utilizing the slingshot.
he misses the net a bunch and his short handed chances are snuffed by the goalie a bunch, but the threat alone does a world of wonders.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hayes is who we thought he was when we signed him.
Though it would help if AV could settle on a couple line mates for more than two games.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
He filled a big immediate need but it was pretty obvious this deal would suck long term as soon as it was signed. He could bounce back next year but it’s hard to imagine him not lagging behind the rest of the league in years 5,6.7 of this deal.

Reactions: Larry44

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He filled a big immediate need but it was pretty obvious this deal would suck long term as soon as it was signed. He could bounce back next year but it’s hard to imagine him not lagging behind the rest of the league in years 5,6.7 of this deal.

Why?

He's played RW, so it's an easy transition once we find a couple young centers to move him over.
And his size and skills (he can actually shot the puck) make him a good fit at wing in his early 30s.

Reactions: renberg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Ok. Bruins will take Hayes and Provorov off your hands. Two picks?

I will gladly give you two picks to take Hayes off our hands, but if you are going to take Provorov too I am going to need something in return - I am going to need you to put a hit out on Brick. You don't need to end him altogether, just please stop him from speaking ever again, and we have a deal.

maineblackbear

Jan 10, 2007
I will gladly give you two picks to take Hayes off our hands, but if you are going to take Provorov too I am going to need something in return - I am going to need you to put a hit out on Brick. You don't need to end him altogether, just please stop him from speaking ever again, and we have a deal.
You also have to realize I wanted Provolove when he was a junior. But he decided not to go nccaa

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I might be one of the few here when I say I don’t mind Hayes on this team. He has turn around our pk, and has made short handed goal chances a thing again.
Hes one of the few players that seem to be able to skate into the zone on a pp without utilizing the slingshot.
he misses the net a bunch and his short handed chances are snuffed by the goalie a bunch, but the threat alone does a world of wonders.

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

7ff0a284bd070f620051647e1f6a7172.png

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Without Hayes we'd be DOA at center. His production is what it's always been, higher than last year by 2 PPG. He looks way worse than he plays and does have his share of boneheaded moves. His contract is obviously the worst part about him on the team. I guess we can count our blessings we ended up with him over Duchene though. We bought his prime years and paid a premium, hoping he has a different role under a new coach whenever that happens.
I didn’t mean he made it successful, more so that he is capable of getting breakaways while short handed and having that as an option helps.
We haven't had a single shorty this year.

Reactions: Lord Defect

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Without Hayes we'd be DOA at center. His production is what it's always been, higher than last year by 2 PPG. He looks way worse than he plays and does have his share of boneheaded moves. His contract is obviously the worst part about him on the team. I guess we can count our blessings we ended up with him over Duchene though. We bought his prime years and paid a premium, hoping he has a different role under a new coach whenever that happens.

We haven't had a single shorty this year.

Came close a lot of times, that has value in that it forces the opposing PP to be more conservative. Nothing like watching a breakaway on your PP to shake up your players.

Not sure how much blame is the coaches, the players or the goalies. When the goalies play bad, the tendency is to put the wagons in a circle and try to hold out until the cavalry arrives (the PP expires).

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Came close a lot of times, that has value in that it forces the opposing PP to be more conservative. Nothing like watching a breakaway on your PP to shake up your players.

Not sure how much blame is the coaches, the players or the goalies. When the goalies play bad, the tendency is to put the wagons in a circle and try to hold out until the cavalry arrives (the PP expires).
I don't think it has been effective this year in doing that and more likely than not it creates a rush on the other end. With a forward behind on the play.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Most of the people dissing Hayes probably wanted Duchene. :sarcasm:
I have no problem admitting that I wanted Duchene. Always was a fan of him. But I also didn't mind Hayes. Looking at Duchene's numbers now, we definitely got the right player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad