Kevin Hayes and Jeff Petry are outscoring Patrick Laine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Two players have more assists than Laine or calling him a overrated bum.
The thread is pointing out that those 2 players who are not known for getting points have more than Laine. He is not an over rated bum but his play of late definitely deserves criticism. He’s young, he’ll be back to normal soon enough hopefully

Reactions: DriveFor9th

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
The thread is pointing out that those 2 players who are not known for getting points have more than Laine. He is not an over rated bum but his play of late definitely deserves criticism. He’s young, he’ll be back to normal soon enough hopefully

Would you say that based on his play of late that Laine right now IS an overrated bum, but that his rating may fluctuate?

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Would you say that based on his play of late that Laine right now IS an overrated bum, but that his rating may fluctuate?
Dont think that’s fair to say yet. His first two years he did great, it’s not like he forgot how to score and play hockey, just in a bad slump and he is probably in his own head. He certainly hasn’t earned a 9/10 million dollar contract that he will probably receive, Yet I wouldn’t be worried that he will be worth it very soon. I wouldn’t call him over rated because of his age. Slumps happen to all great players as well.

If he could just put forth consistent effort he could become one of the best goal scorers ever.

marinoni1983

Feb 8, 2017
My buddy scouted for Mckeen's for a few years and I remember him telling me about the scouting reports he read about Laine pre draft. Basically a lot said he was an extremely gifted goal scorer with amazing quick release but was a player with very low hockey IQ and positioning and if he didn't have such an amazing shot he wouldn't play in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad