Confirmed with Link: Kevin Hayes 4: Don't sell when it only costs 50 million dollars to buy in (7x7.14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Instead of going out and looking at it like Fletcher does in “I want to spend X (cap space or assets like picks or players) to get Y” is how you make inefficient moves. The way it should be approached is reading what others are doing and making value plays on other’s mistakes or misevaluations.

You're now my favorite poster.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Dreger saying a C would be needed back if Kadri was traded. So maybe they were also pushing for Patrick or Frost. That would give them cap relief for 2 or 3 years depending on who it was, upside from both, and only need them to be a #3C....forever...lol.

These situations are tough to figure and what exact type of asset is cape space. Argument sake.. Flyers have Hayes, Frost and a first or second(cost of Kadri) or Kadri plus 3 million in cap space. What would you rather?

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
t5Vq9W7.gif
OMG :laugh::laugh::laugh: and it BEGINS! :yo:

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I don't want Kadri on the team period. I'd be all in for Nylander/Kapanen.

I truly hope Fletcher is done. Moving Ghost (who is the obvious candidate in Chuck’s stupid eyes) - leaves this D core worse off than last season, even if the forward ranks are upgraded.

Harvard education. I could barter him my old t shirt for his gold watch.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I truly hope Fletcher is done. Moving Ghost (who is the obvious candidate in Chuck’s stupid eyes) - leaves this D core worse off than last season, even if the forward ranks are upgraded.

Harvard education. I could barter him my old t shirt for his gold watch.
More moves to change this lame flat culture. Fletcher isn't done.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Dreger saying a C would be needed back if Kadri was traded. So maybe they were also pushing for Patrick or Frost. That would give them cap relief for 2 or 3 years depending on who it was, upside from both, and only need them to be a #3C....forever...lol.

Toronto must realize they need to figure out a 3C somewhere else and take futures for Kadri. What team is going to trade a 3C on an ELC for Kadri?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Toronto must realize they need to figure out a 3C somewhere else and take futures for Kadri. What team is going to trade a 3C on an ELC for Kadri?
I think they are looking at every angle to try and save cap space. Matthews, JT, Nylander didn't take discounts. Now Marner isn't. Then add in AJ and Kap breaking out...partially due to Nylander's holdout...lol.

Kadri is on a great contract and I would have loved to get him. But not for #11. Or Frost. Or Patrick. Or Ghost.

We overpaid but still have all out assets...except that 1 million overpay. Oh, and the 5th...lol.

Reactions: achdumeingute

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think they are looking at every angle to try and save cap space. Matthews, JT, Nylander didn't take discounts. Now Marner isn't. Then add in AJ and Kap breaking out...partially due to Nylander's holdout...lol.

Kadri is on a great contract and I would have loved to get him. But not for #11. Or Frost. Or Patrick. Or Ghost.

We overpaid but still have all out assets...except that 1 million overpay. Oh, and the 5th...lol.
Lost a 2nd + 3rd, too.

Which I'm OK with, if the players perform to the level that they should for the price paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->