Recalled/Assigned: Kevin Gravel

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He's 27, playing in the AHL and has never played a full season in the NHL. He's a tweener at best. Do you actually think he'd have any value in a trade? Not a chance.
Maybe there is a team that would give us a 4th rounder or a RHD dman in similar spot for him. He is not playing anyways with either team. Maybe Ottawa could use him this year? I mean he is insurance on insurance right now for us. He can't be happy with where he is at right?

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Maybe there is a team that would give us a 4th rounder or a RHD dman in similar spot for him. He is not playing anyways with either team. Maybe Ottawa could use him this year? I mean he is insurance on insurance right now for us. He can't be happy with where he is at right?
I can't imagine a guy who's passed through waivers a couple times this year and hasn't played in a few months would garner a 4th round pick. Insurance is what this is.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Weird. Doesn't fit the "young guy practicing with the big team as a reward" scenario. He's 27.

I'm calling trade, with him replacing either Ceci or Marincin some scenario.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
There is some type of cap voodoo that requires the Leafs to be as close to the limit with the active roster. (I don't understand the detail)
To do this they make these odd call ups based on how the contract fits against the daily cap hit.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Well that makes sense if Dermy has the flu and can't play Saturday night I'd much rather have Gravel in than Marty ... but that's just me ... hopefully Dermy can play

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
This guy is beyond bad when he was up earlier in the year. Other than the fact that he is a giant nothing about him says NHL defenceman.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Marty is like a hand grenade with puck ... and softer than butter ... all he can do is stand in the right spots
I agree, and he's still way better than Gravel at the NHL level.

Honestly we should just throw Barrie on his off-side if Dermott can't go and bring up Liljegren.

Muzzin-Holl
Barrie-Ceci
Sandin-Liljegren

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
There is some type of cap voodoo that requires the Leafs to be as close to the limit with the active roster. (I don't understand the detail)
To do this they make these odd call ups based on how the contract fits against the daily cap hit.

this is only needed when the team initially activates LTIR but once using LTIR it no longer matters how close Leafs are to the limit or when.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad