Recalled/Assigned: Kevin Gravel

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Dubas must promise all these guys they'll get a callup to sit in the pressbox/practice and boost their paycheque.

No way he plays barring an injury.....or trade

Reactions: qqaz

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Dubas must promise all these guys they'll get a callup to sit in the pressbox/practice and boost their paycheque.

No way he plays barring an injury.....or trade

Gravel is on a 1-way contract, thus getting paid his 700k regardless of NHL or AHL. The boost of getting a call-up could be enough though I guess.

Reactions: Warden of the North

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
He hasn't played for months.

Hopefully can help the Marlies soon. Could finally allow them to use Harpur to get a top 9 forward.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
yes it does. It goes down. He pays into escrow when he's in the NHL.

The pay isn't that different is the point. 2-way contracts are a HUGE difference if you're in the NHL compared to the AHL.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Gravel I thought was the most impressive of the veteran new comers in Exhibition play. Injuries have kept him out most of this season.

Thinking Dubas wants to add some sand paper to his D pairings ;)

Reactions: uncleben

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Do they get better per diem in the NHL or something? This guy ain't gonna play. Does he need to be called up to be put back on waivers?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Gravel is on a 1-way contract, thus getting paid his 700k regardless of NHL or AHL. The boost of getting a call-up could be enough though I guess.
He actually loses $$$ because of escrow holdback for everyday he is up .... I hope Sandin is not hurt ... I would rather have Gravel playing then Marty. But more than likely a trade is in the works.

Reactions: SprDaVE

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Gravel was called up just a couple weeks ago too... just a filler without taking away development time from other candidates.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Didnt Dubas say he would call up players throughout thr season so they could practice with the NHL team? I dont think there is anything else to see here.
While I can agree that's probably what is happening, Gravel already got his shot and has barely played this season. 3 games with the Leafs and 8 games with the Marlies, albeit pre-Keefe.

There are many other AHL defenseman that probably deserve a "shot" over him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad