Player Discussion Kevin Fiala

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I only meant from an acclimation stand point. How many practices will he get in between now and the first game in a Wild uniform? Seems they've usually eased these guys into the lineup increasing minutes as the play continues and their rhythm.
Not many practices this time of year because of the loaded schedule to the finish of the season.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I only meant from an acclimation stand point. How many practices will he get in between now and the first game in a Wild uniform? Seems they've usually eased these guys into the lineup increasing minutes as the play continues and their rhythm.
Kid has already put up a 50 point season in his career. Has more points than Zucker this season

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

They told Donato to "go play", and Fiala has a lot more NHL equity than he does.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Kid has already put up a 50 point season in his career. Has more points than Zucker this season

Completely different linemates and system. Just doesn't seem like you're setting them up to succeed if you put him on a line with top scoring line.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Completely different linemates and system. Just doesn't seem like you're setting them up to succeed if you put him on a line with top scoring line.
Playing wing isn't that complex. The better linemates you give him, the better chance he has. Although, I doubt they ask him to kill penalties, or put him out in the last minute to protect a lead

Reactions: BigT2002

Buffalo Preds

Jun 18, 2013
Buffalo, NY
The fact that Fenton doesn't realize how that could hurt the kid is alarming. He really has no idea what he's doing.

Sorry to jump in, but Fenton knows the kid pretty well, and I suspect he feels that Fiala needs to be challenged to excel. He put in bad defensive effort a few times his rookie year, including in a playoff game, and the Preds and Ads coaching made him work his ass off for the next season and a half before he earned his spot. The next step is for a head coach to tell him that he needs to produce like a top line winger and learn to lead on ice. I think he has a good chance to be a major part of a strengthening Wild team for years to come.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I hope he doesn't wear #22 this year for MN. He'll just be setting himself up for failure, and he's already starting off in a hole thanks to the trade.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I hope he doesn't wear #22 this year for MN. He'll just be setting himself up for failure, and he's already starting off in a hole thanks to the trade.
None of that matters. If he produces, he will be loved. If he doesn't, he won't. What number he wears or what line he plays on. or what Fenton or Boudreau say about him? Mean absolutley nothing

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Here's an article from a fan site talking about Fiala: Nashville Predators: Kevin Fiala’s time is running short

With Viktor Arvidsson down to injury, Fiala’s chance at cementing a spot on the top two lines has never been better. Unfortunately, something is not clicking this season. After a number of listless performances, not providing much on the offensive end and looking disinterested on the defensive end, Peter Laviolette seems to be cooling on the young Swiss.

A few things that stand out; his shooting percentage is down (7.6% compared to an average around 9.5%), his ice time has also stayed the same. He just needs to shoot more. If he has the average of around 9.5% he'd be around 12 goals.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
I also want to thank Kevin Fiala for helping my day to day life — because of him, people in the Minnesota might actually know how to pronounce my last name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->