Kevin Fiala, reborn (23 points in last 10 games)

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Minny might make the playoffs and pull a Columbus by beating st Louis first round

I’m not holding my breath, but honestly Stalock has been good enough lately to get us to the playoffs, if not win a round, if he keeps it up.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Let's just hope he keeps it up. Boudreau was on KFAN yesterday talking about how Fiala has a tendency to look like a star for a 4 or 5 game stretch, then will disappear for 10 games.

When he is hot he is fun to watch.

hockeyguru

Sep 10, 2019
where are all the people that said the wild lost this trade and fenton is the worst gm ever at?????????

looks like neiderreiter isn't having a great season either is he?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
nah fenton wasn't a bad gm. hf underrates him.

Outside of blunders such as giving Zuccarello a NTC along long term contract, the impression given is that he was also disliked by those who worked for him and those who worked with him.

Reactions: Minnesota

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Thought Fiala was gonna turn into something back from his time at world juniors. Took a bit longer than expected but glad to see him looking good out there.

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle

He was a horrible GM. Bottom of the barrel...

- He fired our very solid analytics team and didn’t replace with anybody.
- He created a toxic atmosphere. (Broadly recognized, not just Russo)
- He failed to get value in trades, despite 2/3 eventually working out, he squandered assets. e.g. Rask was a buyout candidate, and Granlund w/o an add??
- He drafted a 3rd round D-man (not a pos of need) in the 1st instead of the obvious pick Veleno.
- Bitetto?? Why?? ...maybe because he was...
- Lazy and far too focused on current & former Predators. Other GMs clearly knew this and used it to lever him.
- 5 years w NTC for 32yo Zuccarello?? (Okay, I give Leipold partial blame)

Yeah, Fiala has worked out great while Granlund (though he’s been better lately) struggled. The team got younger (Zuccarello tho) and they shook things up.

But no; he was in no measure a “good GM”

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

- He failed to get value in trades, despite 2/3 eventually working out, he squandered assets. e.g. Rask was a buyout candidate, and Granlund w/o an add??
- He drafted a 3rd round D-man (not a pos of need) in the 1st instead of the obvious pick Veleno.
- Lazy and far too focused on current & former Predators. Other GMs clearly knew this and used it to lever him.

Yeah, Fiala has worked out great while Granlund (though he’s been better lately) struggled. The team got younger (Zuccarello tho) and they shook things up.

Don't forget about Fenton bringing in Pontus Aberg....what a player.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

Just because Fenton's bad process trade of Fiala turned out well doesn't mean he was a good gm.

Reactions: Chrisinroch

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny

he was horrible. BG already made a trade that is better. No matter how Fiala turned out, he still should have got more from a better established player than what was at the time a constant disappointment. Also Fiala was an awful turnover machine up until recently.

Craig said he trusted Fentons eye for talent, but there's more to GMing than that.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I thought this was a terrible trade by Fenton, but its turned out pretty well for the Wild. This is why I am not a GM.

Reactions: MNRube

goeb

Oct 24, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
where are all the people that said the wild lost this trade and fenton is the worst gm ever at?????????

looks like neiderreiter isn't having a great season either is he?

Fenton definitely won the Grandlund trade and was a brilliant move...... but are you honestly telling me that you would trade Nino for V. Rask right now? I highly doubt it. Still an awful trade that was probably the difference between the Canes making the playoffs last year or being a good non-playoff team.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Fenton definitely won the Grandlund trade and was a brilliant move...... but are you honestly telling me that you would trade Nino for V. Rask right now? I highly doubt it. Still an awful trade that was probably the difference between the Canes making the playoffs last year or being a good non-playoff team.
I’ve got no issue with the Nino for Rask trade. Both are producing like overpaid 4th liners, but Rask makes less and his contract is up a year earlier. Dontato for Coyle is fine. I’m happy we’re not paying Coyle what he got in Boston.

goeb

Oct 24, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I’ve got no issue with the Nino for Rask trade. Both are producing like overpaid 4th liners, but Rask makes less and his contract is up a year earlier. Dontato for Coyle is fine. I’m happy we’re not paying Coyle what he got in Boston.

We will have to agree to disagree on the Nino/Rask trade.

Also I believe their contracts are the same length. Nino is paid about a million more, which, I think is definitely worth it over Rask....however, considering the direction the wild are going, maybe they prefer to save the $$$, not sure.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Coyle plays like a man, Donato like a boy.

Dude Coyle is among the biggest underachievers in the NHL. The only reason he’s not a dominant power forward is because he lacks intensity and is, for whatever reason, not confident enough to believe in himself as more than a grinder. A “man” gives it his all; a “child” shows up when he feels like it, much like Coyle.

Donato, on other hand, is physically overmatched for the most part but works his ass off.

Remind me again why you think Coyle plays like a man? What, because he looks dominant for 1 shift a night before disappearing the rest of the game? GTFO

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
For what it's worth, Coyle's play has been drastically different since joining Boston. Much better and consistent player, has fit in well with them.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Dude Coyle is among the biggest underachievers in the NHL. The only reason he’s not a dominant power forward is because he lacks intensity and is, for whatever reason, not confident enough to believe in himself as more than a grinder. A “man” gives it his all; a “child” shows up when he feels like it, much like Coyle.

Donato, on other hand, is physically overmatched for the most part but works his ass off.

Remind me again why you think Coyle plays like a man? What, because he looks dominant for 1 shift a night before disappearing the rest of the game? GTFO

Could be the 9 goals, 16 points he scored as a shutdown C in a cup run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->