Kevin Fiala Point Projection

Fiala Production

• Total voters

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I posted a similar poll to this on the Wild board, and the general consensus was he’ll produce between 46-55 points this year, so I figured I’d add other fans’ views to see where people think he’ll end up. For perspective, last years production would be 47 points over a 56 game schedule. And, note that he produced 50 points over his last 53 games after putting up 1 in his first 9.

apollo18

Oct 20, 2018
I am a non wild fan and oh boy was he electric in the playoffs against the nucks. everytime he picked up the puck i was scared. i dont know point projection wise but i think he will be around top 30 in points this year

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
He is on pace for 28pts currently. 14pts in 26gp.
Certainly been a pretty big disappointment. Isn't pushing the play anywhere near the levels he was at the end of the season. I would still say that his numbers are being hurt by a lack of a center. Even Staal last year was capable of distributing the puck unlike any current center on this roster.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
How about for this upcoming season?

Guerin and Evason seem to have a strong aversion to giving him linemates that are NHL players. It's looking like it'll be Frederick Gaudreau and Rem Pitlick this season.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014

Guerin and Evason seem to have a strong aversion to giving him linemates that are NHL players. It's looking like it'll be Frederick Gaudreau and Rem Pitlick this season.

what’s their thought behind this?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
what’s their thought behind this?

I could not tell you.

For Guerin, I know he's not trying to add a lot of expensive guys in their prime right now because we're rebuilding and the cap crunch thing is going to get bad the next few years, so he's not upgrading the roster.

For Evason, he was looking to get a better center between Kaprizov and Zuccarello, and Ek is the best center we have by a long shot, so he got bumped up. He also likes having the Greenway-Foligno shut down line that Ek centered last season, so Hartman moved into that role because he would be the closest to being able to replicate that.

Combined, that leaves a bunch of fourth line/AHL tweener guys left over until Rossi, Boldy, Beckman and Khusnutdinov make the team.

Reactions: jaric1862

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal

Tough lineys for Fiala.

Why not give him a shot with Kap and Eriksson Ek?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Tough lineys for Fiala.

Why not give him a shot with Kap and Eriksson Ek?

Because for whatever reason, Evason decided he didn't want Fiala and Kaprizov to play on the same lines, and then when Zuccarello came back from injury last season he was put with Kaprizov and the two had almost instant chemistry, and haven't been broken up since.

I mean I'm sure they're trying to "spread the offense" because Fiala, even by himself the last two years, was first then second on the team in points, so he is capable of carrying corpses to an extent. But it's frustrating seeing him basically be wasted here. And the "spreading the offense" theory only works until you realize that this season they decided to load up the first line and have zero offense through the rest of the roster (outside of Fiala).

And it's bad enough that they're jerking him around on the ice, but after a tough contract negotiation last time, Guerin gave him a 2 year bridge deal at 3M AAV, and in those two years he put up a 68 point per 82 game pace, and they still couldn't give him a deal with any term for some reason. Then Guerin had the gall to get on the broadcast yesterday during the preseason game and talk about how Fiala needs to show him he deserves term. It's at the point where I want him traded to another team just so he'll actually get a GM who wants him and respects him and a coach that'll actually put him in a good position to succeed.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I'm sure there will be one month this year where he is just unstoppable followed by mediocre 2nd/3rd line play the rest of the season. That should place him about the 46-50 point range.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Because for whatever reason, Evason decided he didn't want Fiala and Kaprizov to play on the same lines, and then when Zuccarello came back from injury last season he was put with Kaprizov and the two had almost instant chemistry, and haven't been broken up since.

I mean I'm sure they're trying to "spread the offense" because Fiala, even by himself the last two years, was first then second on the team in points, so he is capable of carrying corpses to an extent. But it's frustrating seeing him basically be wasted here. And the "spreading the offense" theory only works until you realize that this season they decided to load up the first line and have zero offense through the rest of the roster (outside of Fiala).
Gotcha. I can understand not wanting to separate players with chemistry but burying Fiala isn't smart.

Kaprizov/Eriksson Ek/Fiala is a nice line. If Rossi and Boldy develop well, Minny isn't looking too bad.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Gotcha. I can understand not wanting to separate players with chemistry but burying Fiala isn't smart.

Kaprizov/Eriksson Ek/Fiala is a nice line. If Rossi and Boldy develop well, Minny isn't looking too bad.

If Fiala is still here by then. One of Fiala, Zuccarello or Dumba have to be moved next summer to account for the dead cap rising. He's not going to trade the guy stapled to Kaprizov's hip, and he just gave Dumba an A, so it appears one of them is already the odd man out.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
If Fiala is still here by then. One of Fiala, Zuccarello or Dumba have to be moved next summer to account for the dead cap rising. He's not going to trade the guy stapled to Kaprizov's hip, and he just gave Dumba an A, so it appears one of them is already the odd man out.

I get wanting to make your star happy and maximize his ability, but Zucc is 34. Seems like it’d be a poor decision to let a young player like Fiala go to keep him, just because he played well with Kaprizov for 40+ games.

Reactions: AKL

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I get wanting to make your star happy and maximize his ability, but Zucc is 34. Seems like it’d be a poor decision to let a young player like Fiala go to keep him, just because he played well with Kaprizov for 40+ games.

Yep, it sure does.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Not sure if it will be this year, but I think he will have some ppg seasons. I say 60+

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Not sure if it will be this year, but I think he will have some ppg seasons. I say 60+
I see the opposite. I think he already hit his peak and will settle into a 50-60 point player that’s one dimensional. Similar to a Hoffman type

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad