Movies: Kevin Feige to develop a Star Wars movie

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
She was hardly used because they shot Captain Marvel after Endgame and the script fro CM wasn't even finished yet. The Russo's hand were tied with the usage of Captain Marvel in that regard. And they used her screentime well, she had some of the best scenes in the movie. Just go watch audience reactions on Youtube to Captain Marvel arrives.

They also didn't use her, because it wasn't her story. That said, when she came in, she had a large role.

Reactions: Hypernova

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Hatred? That wildly hyperbolic

I think she's bad at there job and had the emotional range of a block of wood in CM but I'm more than happy for her to get this job

If that's your definition of hatred you have been using hatred wrong

Why do people ignore the fact that her character in Captain Marvel is literally taught not to have emotions. It was a part of her character's personality to be that way!!!

Reactions: Jussi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
She was hardly used because they shot Captain Marvel after Endgame and the script fro CM wasn't even finished yet. The Russo's hand were tied with the usage of Captain Marvel in that regard. And they used her screentime well, she had some of the best scenes in the movie. Just go watch audience reactions on Youtube to Captain Marvel arrives.

She was supposed to be leading the next generation of marvel stars after they originals aged out or were killed off apparently

Yet we've had no news on another CM movie and we've got new female leads with Johansson doing a stand alone Black Widow movie and Portman already announced as the new Thor lead with a ton of other Marvel movies being announced but no CM

I'm the first to admit I thought she was wooden in CM and she was hardly used in end game so who the hell knows but if the studio isn't doing a sequel of a movie that made a billion dollars there's a serious problem somewhere

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Marvel movies make money but that doesn't mean that movie was good, because it wasn't or she was good, because she wasn't

They hardly used her in end game as well, because she's not good at her job and I can only hope it carrys over to the star wars franchise

How cutting? :laugh:

If you actually had a look at utube you would know that some of those anti SJW sites you all seem to be obsessed with are begging for Larson to get this role because she sucks at her job and hates large portions of the fan base and they hate her in return

But sure, let's pretend she's great and the franchise isn't a smoking crater
Incel alert...she sucks so much she has an Academy Award for best actress, she also co-wrote and co-directs the short The Arm which won a special jury prize at Sundances.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
She was supposed to be leading the next generation of marvel stars after they originals aged out or were killed off apparently

Yet we've had no news on another CM movie and we've got new female leads with Johansson doing a stand alone Black Widow movie and Portman already announced as the new Thor lead with a ton of other Marvel movies being announced but no CM

I'm the first to admit I thought she was wooden in CM and she was hardly used in end game so who the hell knows but if the studio isn't doing a sequel of a movie that made a billion dollars there's a serious problem somewhere

Feige already said at SDCC that he didn't have time to talk about Captain Marvel 2 among other things, it's more likely Phase 5.

And for crying out loud, Captain Marvel was like two movies, first half was Kree trained and raised Vers who was told to keep her emotions in check, second half was Carol Danvers regaining her memories and humanity, getting full control of her powers and reveling in finding out all the stuff she's able to do with them. This scene especially highlighted her joy in using her powers:

Last edited:
Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

The sequel will be in Phase 5.... which has barely been announced yet.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Why do people ignore the fact that her character in Captain Marvel is literally taught not to have emotions. It was a part of her character's personality to be that way!!!

She came off as unlikable and wooden, if your fronting a super hero movie that's the last thing you want to come off as, also antagonizing large swaths of the fan base isn't exactly desirable either

I took my niece and daughter to CM, who would be prime candidates age wise to be the next wave of fans of fans for this movie genre and girl power message, if there lukewarm reaction is any indication of the general feeling around the movie I can understand why Marvel may be pivoting to Portman and Johansson

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
She came off as unlikable and wooden, if your fronting a super hero movie that's the last thing you want to come off as, also antagonizing large swaths of the fan base isn't exactly desirable either

I took my niece and daughter to CM, who would be prime candidates age wise to be the next wave of fans of fans for this movie genre and girl power message, if there lukewarm reaction is any indication of the general feeling around the movie I can understand why Marvel may be pivoting to Portman and Johansson

giphy.gif

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
It made a billion dollars, a sequel is going to be years away, probably a lot of years away if it's in phase 5 and that doesn't make gou ask why?

They'll probably have the movie in 2022, which is 3 years after the first one.

Black Panther also made a billion, and it's sequel will be coming 3 years later.

Not to mention, the MCU is currently in the middle of a 9 month break, which is rarely does. So no, it doesn't make me ask why. Because I understand Marvel has a lot of properties they want to introduce, and it takes time to do so.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It made a billion dollars, a sequel is going to be years away, probably a lot of years away if it's in phase 5 and that doesn't make gou ask why?

You are aware that the dates or timeslots for future Marvel movies are already known? It's not hard to pick which one of those will be CM 2.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I see that point. Maybe it's just weird seeing the differences between MCU and SW on how they layout their plans and future, and that difference makes it seem like more of an issue.

Course correction always looks awkward when it starts.

Something to be said about Disney showing they haven't given up on Star Wars despite the dread people have expressed when it comes to Episode IX. Star Wars has never been this unpopular (despite it still being a behemoth of course).

EDIT: oh I see we have an incel getting all the attention. Since this is a Star Wars thread I'll echo the words of Red Whatever

Stay on target

IE: don't feed the troll/incel

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Something to be said about Disney showing they haven't given up on Star Wars despite the dread people have expressed when it comes to Episode IX. Star Wars has never been this unpopular (despite it still being a behemoth of course).
With how much they spent on it, there was no chance they'd give up on it.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

EDIT: oh I see we have an incel getting all the attention. Since this is a Star Wars thread I'll echo the words of Red Whatever

Stay on target

IE: don't feed the troll/incel

It was Gold Five, not Red Whatever. Get your facts straight! :sarcasm:

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I don’t care for the marvel movies so I don’t want this guy anywhere near Star Wars

And Larson is as “meh” as it gets

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I am not a fan of that actress either, people act like her character is supposed to be lacking emotion in the movie, but I also remember her from United States of Tara and despised her acting even in that.

Also, man, that "company" really wants to flood the market and destroy that franchise huh.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I see that point. Maybe it's just weird seeing the differences between MCU and SW on how they layout their plans and future, and that difference makes it seem like more of an issue.
No, I don't care. We'll know when we'll know. I spent too much of my life before the Disney era started scraping every source around the internet for Star Wars news. Not repeating that.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
No, I don't care. We'll know when we'll know. I spent too much of my life before the Disney era started scraping every source around the internet for Star Wars news. Not repeating that.

I think a need to know is a bit more warranted here considering that Disney has been pretty erratic with it's current handling of Star Wars and this is now the third 'name' creator that they've handed future rights to. It will come out eventually but it would be nice to know what exactly the plan is here to restore some confidence.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think a need to know is a bit more warranted here considering that Disney has been pretty erratic with it's current handling of Star Wars and this is now the third 'name' creator that they've handed future rights to. It will come out eventually but it would be nice to know what exactly the plan is here to restore some confidence.
I guess I've just resigned myself to the belief that no matter how much better they make it, people will find reasons to bitch. That isn't to say everyone who's criticized this franchise is permanently embroiled in negativity bias, but I'd be willing to be there's a large number of people out there who will decide they don't like something new from this universe before it even comes out. I've already seen it with what some are saying about the Mandalorian before it has even released.

I just really don't care what level of confidence other people have anymore. Anything on the horizon will either give me enjoyment (TFA and Solo) or disappointment (Rogue One and TLJ). I love this franchise enough that I'll give anything new a chance. Knowing the subject matter of the new projects really won't change this dynamic for me.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I guess I've just resigned myself to the belief that no matter how much better they make it, people will find reasons to *****. That isn't to say everyone who's criticized this franchise is permanently embroiled in negativity bias, but I'd be willing to be there's a large number of people out there who will decide they don't like something new from this universe before it even comes out. I've already seen it with what some are saying about the Mandalorian before it has even released.

I just really don't care what level of confidence other people have anymore. Anything on the horizon will either give me enjoyment (TFA and Solo) or disappointment (Rogue One and TLJ). I love this franchise enough that I'll give anything new a chance. Knowing the subject matter of the new projects really won't change this dynamic for me.

Healthiest attitude to have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->