Movies: Kevin Feige to develop a Star Wars movie

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Fascinating how nothing is clear in SW right now. We now have D&D, Rian, and now Feige all with unannounced films? We have no info on what those films will even be about. I'm just remaining skeptical of any SW film until they prove they have a well-executed plan, and that saddens me as a huge SW fan. I'm way more excited for the Disney+ content than I am for these potential films.

This is only going to fuel the conspiracy people like G&G on youtube, but it's hard to say the premise is wrong. Is it that hard to announce the timeline and who is going to do what movie in that timeline? I can understand wanting to keep the story details quiet until after Episode 9, but why is pretty much nothing known.

I also don't want to hear about SW fatigue. People don't get fatigued by good content, just look at the MCU.

Reactions: discostu

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And I'll add this. My comment isn't even if you like Disney SW or TLJ or not, that's besides the point. Why can't Disney and Lucasfilm just own it and make firm plans public. The masses can handle a change to that plan, but it's crazy that we don't know what's coming next with TRoS coming out in about 3 months. No matter what side you are on of the divide, I just think we'd all like some clarity.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I really want to see what Rian Johnson can do when not tethered to the corpse of the OT + JJ Abrams writing style inspired by Nike- But who are Rey's parents? Why does she care so much about them? "JUST DO IT".

How long before Kevin Fiege is the CEO of Disney?

He's the Jack Eichel of Disney already.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think he’s more likely to take over Alan Horn’s role than Bob Iger’s.
Agreed. Iger will be leaving as CEO when his contract expires, so there will be change with someone at that point. Maybe that's why SW is so unclear right now, Iger is more involved with it than some think and they aren't going to make firm plans for things in the future when he is gone.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
And I'll add this. My comment isn't even if you like Disney SW or TLJ or not, that's besides the point. Why can't Disney and Lucasfilm just own it and make firm plans public. The masses can handle a change to that plan, but it's crazy that we don't know what's coming next with TRoS coming out in about 3 months. No matter what side you are on of the divide, I just think we'd all like some clarity.

I honestly couldn’t care less. It’ll comes out when it comes out. Don’t matter if I know it now or in a year.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I honestly couldn’t care less. It’ll comes out when it comes out. Don’t matter if I know it now or in a year.
I see that point. Maybe it's just weird seeing the differences between MCU and SW on how they layout their plans and future, and that difference makes it seem like more of an issue.

Reactions: sdf

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don't think Disney knew what they were doing with Star Wars from the beginning. They didn't plan out the new trilogy at all, they couldn't seem to figure out what they wanted with either Rogue One or Solo, and now they seem to be in "throw shit at the wall and hope something sticks" mode with D&D, Johnson, and now Feige all developing movies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Maybe the bigger piece of this news is Feige is reportedly lining up a big name actor from the MCU. What I always liked about SW is they never really had the major movie-stars, they would get more unknowns and some would become stars afterwards. SW would feel a bit different with an A-list actor.

It's something I have liked about Disney SW, they have stuck to that in their movies and shows. Fame and star power is not criteria for who wins roles.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Maybe the bigger piece of this news is Feige is reportedly lining up a big name actor from the MCU. What I always liked about SW is they never really had the major movie-stars, they would get more unknowns and some would become stars afterwards. SW would feel a bit different with an A-list actor.

It's something I have liked about Disney SW, they have stuck to that in their movies and shows. Fame and star power is not criteria for who wins roles.

Brie Larson's a huge Star Wars fan, she was at Galaxy's Edge opening night or something, dressed for the part. The meltdown at G+G would be amazing though.

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Brie Larson's a huge Star Wars fans, she was at Galaxy's Edge opening night or something, dressed for the part. The meltdown at G+G would be amazing though.

I'm all for Larson getting involved with the star wars franchise, it needs to die and she's just the wooden, fan base hating lead to give it the final push into obscurity it so desperately needs

Go on Disney, do the right thing you know you want to :laugh:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm all for Larson getting involved with the star wars franchise, it needs to die and she's just the wooden, fan base hating lead to give it the final push into obscurity it so desperately needs

Yeah, she totally ruined Captain Marvel...

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

Don't you have a YouTube channel or something to be watching right now?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
If there's one way to kill off the rest of my interest in Star Wars, it's turning it into a comic book franchise.

Disney handing these movies to a wide assortment of people demonstrates to me that they have no direction. Between the movies done by Rian Johnson, Benoiff & Weiss, Feige and anyone else that I'm missing or will get one eventually, Disney is just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks, as someone said above. They'll see which movies make the most money at the box office and then pump out even more movies just like it.

It's hard to believe that I was once happy about Disney buying/rescuing Star Wars from Lucas. At least Lucas knew what he wanted Star Wars to be and wasn't very interested in what the audience wanted. I used to hate that about him, but I can sort of respect it now, especially seeing that Disney seems to be the opposite, driven by dollars instead of creative vision.

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Yeah, she totally ruined Captain Marvel...

Marvel movies make money but that doesn't mean that movie was good, because it wasn't or she was good, because she wasn't

They hardly used her in end game as well, because she's not good at her job and I can only hope it carrys over to the star wars franchise

Don't you have a YouTube channel or something to be watching right now?

How cutting? :laugh:

If you actually had a look at utube you would know that some of those anti SJW sites you all seem to be obsessed with are begging for Larson to get this role because she sucks at her job and hates large portions of the fan base and they hate her in return

But sure, let's pretend she's great and the franchise isn't a smoking crater

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Marvel movies make money but that doesn't mean that movie was good, because it wasn't or she was good, because she wasn't

They hardly used her in end game as well, because she's not good at her job and I can only hope it carrys over to the star wars franchise

How cutting? :laugh:

If you actually had a look at utube you would know that some of those anti SJW sites you all seem to be obsessed with are begging for Larson to get this role because she sucks at her job and hates large portions of the fan base and they hate her in return

But sure, let's pretend she's great and the franchise isn't a smoking crater

Yeah... I know..... that was the point of my post. :huh:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

She was hardly used because they shot Captain Marvel after Endgame and the script fro CM wasn't even finished yet. The Russo's hand were tied with the usage of Captain Marvel in that regard. And they used her screentime well, she had some of the best scenes in the movie. Just go watch audience reactions on Youtube to Captain Marvel arrives.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I see your reading comprehension lacks, so I guess this Brie Larson hatred makes even more sense now.

Hatred? That wildly hyperbolic

I think she's bad at there job and had the emotional range of a block of wood in CM but I'm more than happy for her to get this job

If that's your definition of hatred you have been using hatred wrong

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad