Management Kevin Dean

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You don’t hear much about him but he’s the one who oversees the Defenseman and other then Chara has pretty much had them all on their arrival.

I’ve never heard one bad word but many good ones when it comes to him.

The Bruins win the Cup this guy could be on some short lists for coaching jobs I would think.

I believe he will be a star someday but selfishly I hope he’s around another couple of years - I think he’s very important to this organization.

The entire staff seems like it meshes like a Thanksgiving spread

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
You don’t hear much about him but he’s the one who oversees the Defenseman and other then Chara has pretty much had them all on their arrival.

The Bruins win the Cup this guy could be on some short lists for coaching jobs I would think.

I believe he will be a star someday but selfishly I hope he’s around another couple of years - I think he’s very important to this organization.

If Bruins win it all... interest in the assistant gm, assistant coaches will perk up.... for sure

Dean, Sacco likely want to be head coaches if the opportunity arises

not sure about pandolfo

Reactions: DKH

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

yeah they all seem pretty in tune with one another. I know Dean coached one season in Providence and I "think" he did a year in the ECHL? Wondering if he`s one of the many who actually feel more comfortable as assistants rather than being THE guy? Dave Lewis was highly regarded as an assistant, and as we all know, not so great being the man

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Coaching today is not a one-man job.

Neither is management.

But credit will always go to the captain of the ship and that's Sweeney and Cassidy. You know you have top notch people when other organizations come calling for your assets.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Comes from the winning culture of the Devils from the mid 90's to early 00's.

Pandolfo, Langenbrunner, Leach, Dean, Dunham..... All played for guys like Jacques Lemaire, Larry Robinson and Pat Burns....those teams knocked Sweeney and Neely out a couple times, and they took notice. Great hires..

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If Bruins win it all... interest in the assistant gm, assistant coaches will perk up.... for sure

Dean, Sacco likely want to be head coaches if the opportunity arises

not sure about pandolfo
If someone hires Sacco I'll drive him to the airport

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I like him because he gets really fired up when the Bruins score. Almost as much as the fans.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I guess he's settled in and this team is gelling now, but he was a horrible coach in Colorado and the scapegoat for our awful PP the last few years (which has admittedly gotten a lot better since).

Ultimately that was CJ fault

Cassidy is very aggressive for the pp

Which has some drawbacks as we have seen

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Gut feeling here but Dean lives in my town and his son is a freshman who made varsity hockey this past year. He also has another child who is a year or two older, I think.

Anyway, I wonder if he’d move the family across the country given the ages his kids are.

Obviously, I have no idea for sure, but he’s young enough that he could probably wait a few years until his kids are in college before taking a HC job.

Reactions: DKH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad