Kevin Can f*** Himself

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Couldn't find a thread for this one.
If you're looking for a great new series after Better Call Saul, this is a gem.

"Kevin Can Fk Himself follows the story of Allison McRoberts (Murphy), a woman we all grew up believing we knew: the prototypical Sitcom Wife. She's beautiful and can take a joke (though she's usually the butt of them). And she's married to a guy who must've won some sort of marriage lottery, because she looks the way she does and he's... funny. But what happens when we follow Allison out of her husband's domain? When she finally wakes up to (and revolts against) the injustices in her life? Kevin Can FK Himself breaks television convention and blends multi-camera comedy with single-camera realism to make us ask, who and what have we been laughing at all of these years?"

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I just got into it. Watched the first episode. Yes, it's pretty good, And Annie Murphy is very good in it, as well as hotter than hell.

I actually discovered this series because I saw her on an episode of Murderville, another series that's fantastic. I had never seen her before.

Reactions: Supermassive

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
My wife and I really liked the 1st season. Really well done/shot with a great cast.

A plus for the show, in my opinion, is that I think Annie Murphy toned down her Worcestah accent as the show settled in. If anyone else was a bit put off by it from the pilot.

A minus for the show, objectively, Sean Avery's cameo.

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I've been watching this series since it started and have enjoyed it but I'm very happy that it's ending after season 2 with an ending in mind because it's simply not a show that needs to keep going.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I've watched a few episodes and I enjoy it quite a bit. I think I saw it on Prime before, and now it only has the first episode available unfortunately. I'm unsure if any other services has the full seasons.

It's such an interesting show. I had a loose idea of the premise, and, I honestly thought it would bè executed badly. But, the episodes I've seen, characters are actually fleshed out well.

It's a shame that Amazon pulled it, as I enjoy it, but, not going to go through too much trouble to track it down.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I've been watching this series since it started and have enjoyed it but I'm very happy that it's ending after season 2 with an ending in mind because it's simply not a show that needs to keep going.
It definitely had to be planned with a lifespan of 20 or so episodes, lol. That way everything hits harder, and no filler.
Kevin looks like a cross between Kevin James, and if Aaron Rodgers ate his way through retirement. His giant eyes freak me out.
It's interesting that the show obeys the laws of sitcom-world. She's literally broke, powerless, unable to leave, just a continual punchline. The message hits hard. Against misogynists, and sitcoms in general.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Raymond Lee, who plays Sam the restaurant owner, is starring in the reboot of Quantum Leap, a show I loved in the late 80s. I think "Kevin" will end up being one of those cult shows that spawns several star actors.

S02E04 of Kevin is a doozy. It's a bit cliche to have the noose tightening as Allison tries to escape, but it's done so well here.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The series finale was this week, overall I enjoyed the whole thing but I'm glad they stuck with the 2 season plan because this simply isn't a show that can just keep going. In terms of how it ended...

I enjoyed it, seeing Kevin finally leave the sitcom world and show how awful he actually is was done really well and the actor nailed it. The only thing I thought that was gonna end up differently was that Allison was going to be found there and then blamed for the arson and his death because Kevin told her "I'm going to destroy you" Would have also been a nice throwback if they showed that awful table breaking which led to the garbage can falling and starting the fire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad