Kevin Bieksa appreciation thread

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Bieksa rules. 6 years ago you couldn't get me to say that with a gun pointed to my head.

He really has come around, and deserves every heaping of praise he's gotten this year (well maybe not the Don Cherry endorsement but his gist was welcome).
I love the way he's playing right now, but I wouldn't expect it to last. He does this every few years, and then alternates back to casual Kev. Cross your fingers it happens at the right times, I guess.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I love the way he's playing right now, but I wouldn't expect it to last. He does this every few years, and then alternates back to casual Kev. Cross your fingers it happens at the right times, I guess.

I used to hate on BIEKSA all of the time, but you never know, maybe Tortz and co. can keep him in line and get his head on straight. AV and co. were a bunch of clowns. They were ruining Edler and Bieksa by the end of their time here.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
The confirmation bias HFBoarders have with Bieksa is unreal. I hate it. Many of you guys aren't objective with the guy. To get any credit he has to be perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Last year he played through a groin injury and was making mistakes because of it, though despite that he was productive offensively. But the narrative here wasn't 'Bieksa is playing like garbarge because he's hurt,' it was 'Casual Kev is up to his old tricks.'

Confirmation bias.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
The confirmation bias HFBoarders have with Bieksa is unreal. I hate it. Many of you guys aren't objective with the guy. To get any credit he has to be perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Last year he played through a groin injury and was making mistakes because of it, though despite that he was productive offensively. But the narrative here wasn't 'Bieksa is playing like garbarge because he's hurt,' it was 'Casual Kev is up to his old tricks.'

Confirmation bias.

Yet Edler has played like ass for three seasons and he's still a "proven top pairing" guy. It really is strange.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Yet Edler has played like ass for three seasons and he's still a "proven top pairing" guy. It really is strange.

Okay so what would be good Edler? 60+ points and a rock on the back end.....So a Norris caliber player is what would be just "good" to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Okay so what would be good Edler? 60+ points and a rock on the back end.....So a Norris caliber player is what would be just "good" to you.

I don't judge players on points or Norris voting, you shouldn't either.

Last edited by a moderator:

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria

Confirmation bias.

And of course confirmation bias swings both ways.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
And of course confirmation bias swings both ways.

Are you implying I'm making excuses for him in the same fashion? Perhaps you're forgetting I predicted Bieksa would find his job stolen by Garrison & a young defensemen this season. I had him as trade bait.

My issue is I just find the narrative here & what I see as actually going on with Bieksa so frustrating disparate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->