Kevin Bieksa appreciation thread

Luongos Knob

PDO Kings
Jan 20, 2009
I was absolultey slagging on bieksa in the offseason because i hated him. Wow, was I wrong! im so stupid........

Oh well, I hope he continues fantastic play.

ChronBong*

bieksas playing like a 4.5-5 mil dman.

still would like to get weber in the off season. and

weber edler
bieksa hamhuis
tanev rome. (AV)

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
I'll admit i was wrong. I could not imagine how big the turn around he's had over the season. He has been our best defenseman on this playoff run, IMO.

Currently having some dinner...

53498212_6d5d00f6f4.jpg

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Hands up! 10 months ago, who saw THIS thread popping up on the boards?

Unreal. Props to Bieksa. :handclap:

The Big Foot

Oct 12, 2008
I was one of the worst haters of Bieksa after the Chicago series last year and he turned it around 180 degrees. What a game. Turning point? Beatdown of Marleau where he honestly looked more like he didn't want to kill Patty or break a hand..or the breakaway goal?!?

What a game. That was right there with Kesler vs Predators. Honestly, we can't ask for much more from a defence pairing than what #2 and #3 did tonight. Spectacular.

Bieksallent

May 3, 2010
I was hopeful that we could keep both Hoff and Juice but no way after this playoff run (that was with Ballard traded in mind). I don't really care what happens if we win the cup but hopefully our backend doesn't change that much in the summer.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
He has played amazing, my only hope is that he doesn't play poorly after getting his new contract this summer. If he keeps his effort up, he's worth every penny for sure.

VanEric

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
I was hopeful that we could keep both Hoff and Juice but no way after this playoff run (that was with Ballard traded in mind). I don't really care what happens if we win the cup but hopefully our backend doesn't change that much in the summer.

Don't underestimate how much both guys like it here especially Bieksa.

Also, some of the more popular guys on the team make a fair bit of money off endorsements locally.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Good thing Mike Gillis is more patient than myself and the others who wanted Bieksa gone in the offseason. Happily eating crow atm.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
With all eyes on tonights game, I fear a game like this going to make some GM('s) trigger happy with an outrageous contract offer.

Bieksallent

May 3, 2010
With all eyes on tonights game, I fear a game like this going to make some GM('s) trigger happy with an outrageous contract offer.

Hopefully a deal is done before they get to. Gillis won't be able to show his trademark patience on this one or it's bye bye Kevin.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Tons of props to Bieksa. He's playing like his old self.

Please keep it up.

Hamhuis + Bieksa > Mitchell + Bieksa

Amazing really.

I'd have to agree. Even if you only count Hamhius' passing.

Then add on his overal transition game(Skating passing etc) and then his ability/potential to be an impact offensively makes this pairing so much more effective.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver

But that depends on him making it to free agency.

I feel we can keep both Ehrhoff and Bieksa, even with Ballard. Did a mock up on cap geek not too long ago, with both of them at a combined $9.75M cap hit as well as Higgins/Lappy. Had about 1M to spare.

No Ragretzky

Ho Borvat
Apr 8, 2008
Calgary
I honestly can't see him regressing to his old ways if he signs a multi-year deal thanks in part to the insane chemistry with Hamhuis. Both are near 30 which is prime age for dmen and could be an epic pairing for many years.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Ugh jinx thread...

Bieksa has been awesome all year, still rather not acknowledge it at this time due to luck

eli J

Claw Machine broke
Nov 14, 2010
Moncton, NB
It would be awesome if the Canucks could keep Byeksa and Hamoose. It'd give non-hockey market commentators fits for years! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad