Keto Diet Rant

Violet Starchild

Jan 25, 2019
Here's shout-out to all the people out there on the "Keto Diet:"

Have fun with your headaches, irritability, kidney damage, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Also, maybe all the massive amounts of fat you're consuming (such as the heavy whipping cream and butter in your coffee) will give you gallstones. That's something to look forward to.

And let's not forget: when you stop your stupid a$$ diet, you WILL gain back any weight you might have lost.

Humans are not meant to be in a state of ketosis. But carry on, dumba$$es. Because there also HAS to be a better way for you not to be an obese pig. You can't simply exercise and eat properly and maintain reasonable portions. That couldn't possibly work, right?

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Keto is stupid because of course you should be eating less carbs.

Doing hokey shit like putting butter or coconut oil in your coffee is just silly.

Keto is lazy dieting, where you outright avoid certain food groups rather than practicing moderation.

Reactions: BHD

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011

Have fun with your headaches, irritability, kidney damage, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Also, maybe all the massive amounts of fat you're consuming (such as the heavy whipping cream and butter in your coffee) will give you gallstones. That's something to look forward to.

And let's not forget: when you stop your stupid a$$ diet, you WILL gain back any weight you might have lost.

Humans are not meant to be in a state of ketosis. But carry on, dumba$$es. Because there also HAS to be a better way for you not to be an obese pig. You can't simply exercise and eat properly and maintain reasonable portions. That couldn't possibly work, right?

Humans are most definitely meant to be in a state of ketosis for periods of time, just not LONG periods of time.

We should all be constantly going in and out of slight ketosis. All cultures, societies, and religions have prached fasting because of health and spiritual benefits and science is finally catching up to those. Nobody should be eating multiple meals a day every day. That's why we're all sick, we're all addicted to food.

We clearly were in ketosis for periods of time. We should be fasting, and then eating big meals, including carbs. That's obvious to anyone who studies health and has practiced health.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
So I lost 25 pounds within 2 months on Keto, and had precisely zero of those symptoms you clutched your pearls over.

when you get older, son, you'll realize that exercise stops burning off all the calories in its own.

it works, unlike other diets it is easy to follow and to sustain, and you aren't even hungry during it. Just smash meat and cheese and salad.

I got back to the weight I wanted, then I gradually added some carbs back in and reduced the fat intake, and everything is stable.

You can get all mad and stuff, but I dont argue with results.

Reactions: BB79
Sep 19, 2008

Blackmon

Mullet
Jun 23, 2018
Cambridge Bay, NU
I've been on keto since January 15, 2018.

I started at 224.6lbs. It might not sound horrible outside of the fact that I'm 5'5". My doctor was warning me that my blood pressure was approaching dangerous levels. I had bad athsma - I could hardly make it up a flight of stairs without needing a puffer. I was always hungry. I had to be put on medication for never-ending heartburn, and I popped Advil like they were candy, because I had constant migraines.

15 months later, I weigh 154lbs. I had to have a bunch of tests done for an upcoming hernia repair surgery, and my doctor told me that I am the "lowest of low risk" patients. My blood pressure is nearly perfect. My blood sugar levels are healthy. I only use a puffer once or twice a week. I went on a hike in Jasper, AB with my wife last August - 8km, uphill the entire way, then 8km back down. I ran the 5km race during the Edmonton Marathon last summer, finishing 13th in the 18-35 age group. I haven't had heartburn in about 6 months - not even once. I rarely get headaches. A bottle of 50 Advils has lasted me 3 months, and I still have at least half of the bottle left.

I don't do weird crap like putting butter in coffee, ingesting coconut oil by the spoonful, or eating pounds and pounds of bacon. I guess what I do could be referred to as "lazy keto". I avoid carbs. I don't eat bread, pasta, or rice, but I do treat myself to a serving of sweet potato fries on occasion. I've replaced rice with riced cauliflower. I eat a lot of broccoli and asperagus, especially in beef stir fries with sugar-free BBQ sauce. I do eat quite a bit of eggs and cheese, but I also eat a lot of steak, chicken, and pork. I use artificial sweeteners and heavy cream in my tea - it reminds me of a tea latte, honestly.

I went off keto at Christmas, and I stray from it when I work out of town (once a month, typically). Yes, I gained back some water weight, but each time, it comes off entirely within 4-5 days. I weigh the least that I've weighed since about grade 8 or 9. I'm now 28, and in the best shape of my life, and it's all thanks to keto.

So take your nonsense and shove it.

Sep 19, 2008
The problem with Keto is that I love carbs like pizza and rice

Going keto would mean cutting those out or taking time out of my busy day to find fancy ass "KETO FRIENDLY" foods :laugh:

Why the hell can't I just eat anything I want and work it all off at the gym? Why do you have to waste time counting carbs? I used the MyFitnessPal for one day and quit using it. Now I eat whatever I want but I work it all off in the gym. I get a general gist of how many calories I take in per day, around 2000, which is recommended by doctors, and I work out every now and then at my local Planet Fitness establishment on the cardio and the weight starts to go away

Power to you if you want to count and take stats and notes on your diet but for me honestly I don't feel it's necessary to document everything I eat and do. Then again I am notoriously lazy.

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014

I started at 224.6lbs. It might not sound horrible outside of the fact that I'm 5'5". My doctor was warning me that my blood pressure was approaching dangerous levels. I had bad athsma - I could hardly make it up a flight of stairs without needing a puffer. I was always hungry. I had to be put on medication for never-ending heartburn, and I popped Advil like they were candy, because I had constant migraines.

15 months later, I weigh 154lbs. I had to have a bunch of tests done for an upcoming hernia repair surgery, and my doctor told me that I am the "lowest of low risk" patients. My blood pressure is nearly perfect. My blood sugar levels are healthy. I only use a puffer once or twice a week. I went on a hike in Jasper, AB with my wife last August - 8km, uphill the entire way, then 8km back down. I ran the 5km race during the Edmonton Marathon last summer, finishing 13th in the 18-35 age group. I haven't had heartburn in about 6 months - not even once. I rarely get headaches. A bottle of 50 Advils has lasted me 3 months, and I still have at least half of the bottle left.

I don't do weird crap like putting butter in coffee, ingesting coconut oil by the spoonful, or eating pounds and pounds of bacon. I guess what I do could be referred to as "lazy keto". I avoid carbs. I don't eat bread, pasta, or rice, but I do treat myself to a serving of sweet potato fries on occasion. I've replaced rice with riced cauliflower. I eat a lot of broccoli and asperagus, especially in beef stir fries with sugar-free BBQ sauce. I do eat quite a bit of eggs and cheese, but I also eat a lot of steak, chicken, and pork. I use artificial sweeteners and heavy cream in my tea - it reminds me of a tea latte, honestly.

I went off keto at Christmas, and I stray from it when I work out of town (once a month, typically). Yes, I gained back some water weight, but each time, it comes off entirely within 4-5 days. I weigh the least that I've weighed since about grade 8 or 9. I'm now 28, and in the best shape of my life, and it's all thanks to keto.

No offence but this is Unhealthy. Gosh put Carburetor`s on this planet for a reason, and it`s so we can Gobble them up. The Ancient Hawaiian`s use 2 Eat tapeworm`s so the Tapeworm`s could literally Gobble up any xtra Calorable`s if they need`d 2 loose wait. Your only cheatin`g yourselve and Btw I eat McDonald`s® everday `n` I`m in the Bes`t shape of my Live `n` have run Multiple Marathon`s `n` won Multiple Award`s. :clap:

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
So I lost 25 pounds within 2 months on Keto, and had precisely zero of those symptoms you clutched your pearls over.

when you get older, son, you'll realize that exercise stops burning off all the calories in its own.

it works, unlike other diets it is easy to follow and to sustain, and you aren't even hungry during it. Just smash meat and cheese and salad.

I got back to the weight I wanted, then I gradually added some carbs back in and reduced the fat intake, and everything is stable.

You can get all mad and stuff, but I dont argue with results.

Not like you couldn't lose weight be eating better and living a HEALTHY lifestyle ?

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
I needed to lose weight. No Keto for me. More Mediterranean than anything else. Learned some portion control. I drop a couple of pounds and then tell myself "you never want to be that weight again", lose a couple of more pounds with the same process, and so on and so on. It's worked and I don't feel nervous that I'll gain it back. I've lost about 15 pounds in the last year.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Not like you couldn't lose weight be eating better and living a HEALTHY lifestyle ?

Sure, but what I wanted was to lose 30 pounds very quickly instead of waiting for oh, IDK like a year. Now that I'm there, I can switch to a normal healthy diet.

At the end of the day, the diet works. you reprogram your brain to only burn fat. A great idea thats been around a long time,.Its not like the people who get coffee enemas or go on grapfruit juice binges or whatever.

Reactions: Stylizer1

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Mom and I do Keto we have lost only 20 pounds in about 5 months. We do feel better but not the largest amount of weightless that the people report. Not sure whats going on

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Once you've reprogrammed your body to burn stored fat rather than the simple carbs you ingest your system will do the rest of the work. Problem is people underestimate what they eat and revert back to bad habits. It's only when they take the time to really learn about food that they will understand where they went wrong.

Reactions: Negan4Coach

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

Have fun with your
major health improvements and weight loss.
overeating carbs isn't good for you.

headaches, irritability,
That's keto flu with happens on many diets when you are low in electrolytes (Sodium, Potassium, Magnesium). It is easily avoided by consuming more sodium. Add in the other electrolytes for added benefits.
kidney damage,
It's not a thing. At all. Just the opposite really. one source amongst thousands.
nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
Nothing to do with keto. At all.
Also, maybe all the massive amounts of fat you're consuming (such as the heavy whipping cream and butter in your coffee) will give you gallstones. That's something to look forward to.
Just the opposite. Most diets cause gallstones, but keto keeps the gallbladder working by eating fat.

True, if you go back to eating modern processed carbs (wheat, sugar) and their seed oil + chemical brothers.
Who stops something that brings such amazing benefits ?

Humans are not meant to be in a state of ketosis.
That's comedy level wrong. Babies are ketosis machines likely because ketones are a great way to get energy to the brain for building healthy brains. Humans are so good at ketosis they remain in ketosis WHILE STILL EATING. Ketosis is literally running on your own body fat. Lots of people could benefit from it.
But carry on, dumba$$es. Because there also HAS to be a better way for you not to be an obese pig. You can't simply exercise and eat properly and maintain reasonable portions.
Actually lots of people can't. As you can see. Everywhere.
That couldn't possibly work, right?
It often doesnt work. Especially for those with insulin resistance.

Your knowledge of keto is essentially some shitty facebook +/- twitter feed.

Last edited:

BB79

Apr 30, 2011

Hey dummy, I've been doing keto since 2017. 0 fake symptoms you state. I lost 50+ pounds. In fact my last physical I checked out perfect, no blood pressure or cholesterol issues in my labs whatsoever. I can now run up 4 straight stories of stairs at work without losing my breath. You do realize people have done this diet for decades right? I'm sure being obese and addicted to sugar is WAY better for people right?

Keep crying and whining on message boards 😂🤣

BB79

Apr 30, 2011

Well said. I find that it's mainly avoiding carbs and especially SUGAR that helps shed all of the weight. I do similar to what you do, same great results

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad