Kessel

Status
Not open for further replies.

reidy

@reidjjackson
Yeah yeah, I know he's no generational talent. I do have a question about his talent, though.

His 2 biggest assets are his speed and his shot. Who does he compare to the most, speed-wise? Will he already be one of the fastest skaters in the league when / if he gets there? And is shot really comparable to Hull's, which is what I've read.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
reidy said:
Yeah yeah, I know he's no generational talent. I do have a question about his talent, though.

His 2 biggest assets are his speed and his shot. Who does he compare to the most, speed-wise? Will he already be one of the fastest skaters in the league when / if he gets there? And is shot really comparable to Hull's, which is what I've read.
I don't really understand the Hull comparisons, but I find that McGuire's other side of the comparison, Pat Lafontaine, seems pretty apt. I can see Kessel as a Lafontaine-like player. Or maybe almost a Bure-like player. :dunno:

MentalPowerHouse

Oct 11, 2003
I don't understand that since he has a good shot he is compared to Hull. To me it appears he likes to get his wrist shot off while in stride, and use defencemen as screens, much like Sakic or Naslund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->