Kessel Vs. Frolik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Brownov*

Both play different games.I have seen both on numerous occasions and I admire Frolik's overall game much more. Kessel might be that offensive juggernaut a la Ovechkin, except he lacks consistency imo.
1a Frolik
1b Kessel

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jim Beam said:
Both play different games.I have seen both on numerous occasions and I admire Frolik's overall game much more. Kessel might be that offensive juggernaut a la Ovechkin, except he lacks consistency imo.
1a Frolik
1b Kessel

How does Kessel lack consistency?

Mr.Brownov*

Rabid Ranger said:
How does Kessel lack consistency?
Don't get me wrong he's racking up some nice points. But for a player his calibre, he should shine throughout the games not minutes per period. I find that once he scores he slacks off.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jim Beam said:
Don't get me wrong he's racking up some nice points. But for a player his calibre, he should shine throughout the games not minutes per period. I find that once he scores he slacks off.

I don't see that, but to each his own I guess. As for Frolik, I don't get an opportunity to see him that much so I can't comment on his effort game in and game out. Production isn't there, but that's to be understood based on where he's playing (for the most part).

Last edited:

Mr.Brownov*

Rabid Ranger said:
I don't see that, but to each his own I guess. As Frolik, I don't get an opportunity to see him that much so I can't comment on his effort game in and game out. Production isn't there, but that's to be understand based on where he's playing (for the most part).
Well i'm sure you're able to catch more games than myself here, but it's too coincidental that he was invisible to me on more than a few occasions. As you said,to each his own. He will be a dynamic player though no doubt.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jim Beam said:
Well i'm sure you're able to catch more games than myself here, but it's too coincidental that he was invisible to me on more than a few occasions. As you said,to each his own. He will be a dynamic player though no doubt.

I would agree that he wasn't asserting himself earlier in the year, but IMO he's been much more dynamic of late. I attribute that to not trying to do it all himself and instead use his teammates to get the job done. As a result, he and the team look vastly improved.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
sevenSteen said:
I've watched them both for several years now. Frolik will have the most impact in the NHL, and I'd much rather have him.

You're from Madison, WI as well? Sweet!

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Kinbote said:
Even if Frolik was slightly better I'd still take Kessel because he's North American.

Don, is that you? Seriously though, what has Frolik done to prove he's better than Phil Kessel or even projects to be better? NOTHING!

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Don, is that you? Seriously though, what has Frolik done to prove he's better than Phil Kessel or even projects to be better? NOTHING!
And the only reason you're part of the one-man Kessel defense team is because he's American.

I like Kessel as much as the next guy but your love in with all things American is a bit much.

Bixby Snyder

IBTFAD
May 11, 2005
Albuquerque
www.comc.com
Rabid Ranger said:

Actually I don’t agree with Chery on much but it’s pretty much a proven fact that you can’t build a team around Czech and Russian players they’re wholly unreliable and not very marketable especially in the US.

Bixby Snyder

IBTFAD
May 11, 2005
Albuquerque
www.comc.com
BlueAndWhite said:
And the only reason you're part of the one-man Kessel defense team is because he's American.

I like Kessel as much as the next guy but your love in with all things American is a bit much.

And what's wrong with that? It's not like you won't see Canadians overrating a player just because they're Canadian, not that I think Kessel is overrated. I guess you can add me to the Kessel defense team also.

Mr.Brownov*

Kinbote said:
Actually I don’t agree with Chery on much but it’s pretty much a proven fact that you can’t build a team around Czech and Russian players they’re wholly unreliable and not very marketable especially in the US.
I think Ovechkin is proving you very wrong.

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Kinbote said:
And what's wrong with that? It's not like you won't see Canadians overrating a player just because they're Canadian, not that I think Kessel is overrated. I guess you can add me to the Kessel defense team also.
I never said "insert nationality" fans were not "rabid" about their respective countries prospects either.

I just find discussing a prospect solely on his hockey abilities rather than his nationality makes for a much more interesting discussion.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
BlueAndWhite said:

Whatever. IMO, Kessel's the better player and prospect and I'm not alone in feeling that way. Shoot, most if not all scouting services agree with me.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
BlueAndWhite said:
I never said "insert nationality" fans were not "rabid" about their respective countries prospects either.

I just find discussing a prospect solely on his hockey abilities rather than his nationality makes for a much more interesting discussion.

Kind of hypocritical since you're the one dragging nationality into this. I haven't brought up nationality once in this thread.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Frolik isn't even number 2 anymore in my eyes.

I'd definately take Kessel over him.

And two other Americans: Erik Johnson and Peter Mueller.

Also I'd take Towes and Little over him as well. And most likely Staal.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
The whole top five is hard to compare this year.
Frolik plays in a league with men, not teen agers or young 20 year olds.
Kessel is a scorer on a scoring team. His numbers will easily look the best.
Mueller. A play maker starting off on a new team in a new league. And that makes for a slow start. But i think he is now leading Evertett in points or is one off again.
Toews. Is on a more D minded team that is young. Plus from what i hear. He looks like a talented 17 year old that has had poor luck and is playing in a very tough league.
Erik Johnson. Is just flat out dominating on a u18 USA team. Pretty much same as Jack Johnson and that still landed him behind Ryan.

I think its going to go Kessel. Then who ever wants to draft a d man any time(Johnson). Frolik, Towes, Little, Mueller.

And another guy that might rise. Kyle Okposo. Labled as a power player that uses his body well. Has two shorties and is a +20. In 19 games. Too bad its the USHL.

Mr.Brownov*

Kinbote said:
No, he's not. All he's proven is he has offensive skills, I don't deny that and don't deny other Russians do.
Well sure he's a rookie. Of course it'll take some time to round out his overall game. But do you also think Atlanta made an error building their team around Kovalchuk?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Jim Beam said:
Well sure he's a rookie. Of course it'll take some time to round out his overall game. But do you also think Atlanta made an error building their team around Kovalchuk?

I for one do not think Atlanta made a mistake for building around one of, if not THE, best players in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->