Kessel v Perry

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i think kessel on both. perry is a feaw years away from putting up big numbers i think. and i believe kessel will put up around 60-70 points this season. perry maybe 50.

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
I don't think Perry should have much trouble puting up more points than Kessel this year. Career-wise, I think Kessel could have the upper-hand (close race).

Randall Graves*

I am inclined to say Kessel will score more points in his career. Kessel is a bit more skilled but Perry is very very solid on the walls and he already has chemistry with another guy who could be a great player which could push his totals up..

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Perry has a year of pro experience and is two years older than Kessel.

Kessel will go through an adjustment period in the NHL this season and may spend some time in the AHL.

I'd be very surprised if Kessel outscored Perry this season.

Long term Kessel has the superstar potential to outscore a top 6 winger like Perry.

so the answer is A) Perry B) Kessel

Transported Upstater

Only if you played in the CHL I believe...not entirely positive though.

Players drafted from the CHL cannot play in the AHL until they are 20, except:

1) If they have played 4 years of junior already (an extreme rarity; Jason Spezza being the best example.)

2) If they are signed and their CHL team's season is over, they may play the remainder of the season in the AHL.

Players drafted from the NCAA can play in the AHL whenever the team wants them to.

I'm not positive, but I believe that Euros who were drafted from European leagues, and THEN come over to the CHL, I believe they can play in the AHL at 19 as well, but I need someone to confirm that.

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
says a ducks fan.:sarcasm:

What's wrong with my opinion?

I am a Ducks fan, so obviously I'm going to be a little biased towards guys playing for my team, but in this case I think I was being pretty fair. I've seen Perry play much more than I've seen Kessel and I think that Perry is going to have a breakout year. He's the second-line RW now (thanks to Lupul's departure) AND he's playing alongside Ryan Getzlaf. IMO, it's going to take about 70 points from Kessel, in his rookie season no less, to eclipse Perry's totals.

Oh, and I did give the nod to Kessel career-wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad